Alberta Tampona Aquilani (7 Viewers)

How many matches will we get out of Aquilani this season?

• Less than 5

• 5 - 8

• 9 - 12

• 13 - 16

• 17 - 20

• More than 20

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aug 1, 2003
Keep him for what? I wouldn't accept him as a starter we've been needing a player who's actually going to deliver in that position since we bought Tiago and were attempting to buy Xabi Alonso. Its about time we had a competent distributer in the middle, Aquilani barely showed any class this year.

If we're to buy him I hope its cheap and he plays back up which I don't think is likely.
Sure I'd prefer if we'd go for someone with better quality or calibre, but I do have to agree this is his first full season and I think he's capable of much more. For the right price, I'm willing to give him a second chance. There are players like, say Pepe, who is hardworking but IMO is not talented and should go, but Aqua, maybe in a better team/better Juve, could live up to it

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Sure I'd prefer if we'd go for someone with better quality or calibre, but I do have to agree this is his first full season and I think he's capable of much more. For the right price, I'm willing to give him a second chance. There are players like, say Pepe, who is hardworking but IMO is not talented and should go, but Aqua, maybe in a better team/better Juve, could live up to it
That 'better team' IMO wouldn't consist of Aquilani. That position is something to build a midfield around and he doesn't warrant that responsibility. He was loaned on the chance that his bad run in England was due to injury, a poor Liverpool side etc. but given a second chance he really hasn't turned heads I'm surprised at Marotta calling him a pleasant surprise. The only thing that's surprising is he hasn't had a long term injury this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)