Alberta Tampona Aquilani (1 Viewer)

How many matches will we get out of Aquilani this season?

• Less than 5

• 5 - 8

• 9 - 12

• 13 - 16

• 17 - 20

• More than 20

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 7, 2003
With all due respect, that's so not true and it's too far from what really happened. Even Xavi doesn't have such brilliance to do something like that.
Traore was running from the left, Martinez was also making a run (I think the pass was meant for him). Aquilani is looking at them and the pass was definitely for one of them.
Just see the positioning of our players. It simply made no sense Aquilani to pass to Toni. It was a misplaced pass. Fortunately Aquilani hit the ball hard, which ended up excellent for us.
xavi is very good at short passes while alberto can pass exactly to the feet long passes you could compare his skill to veron. when he played with the nazionale against germany he showed also this type of passes.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
With all due respect, that's so not true and it's too far from what really happened. Even Xavi doesn't have such brilliance to do something like that.
Traore was running from the left, Martinez was also making a run (I think the pass was meant for him). Aquilani is looking at them and the pass was definitely for one of them.
Just see the positioning of our players. It simply made no sense Aquilani to pass to Toni. It was a misplaced pass. Fortunately Aquilani hit the ball hard, which ended up excellent for us.
Not only that: if Dainelli had managed to turn faster than an oil tanker, he would easily have got to the pass before Toni.

And I think the pass was meant to be fired, quite firmly, to the feet of whoever is standing to the right of the ref on that picture.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I say keep him. We shouldn't forget that this is basically his first full season, in who knows how long. Let him get some rest at the end of the season, get a full uninterrupted pre season and see how he goes. We know he is capable of much, much better than what we aer seeing now.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Keep him for what? I wouldn't accept him as a starter we've been needing a player who's actually going to deliver in that position since we bought Tiago and were attempting to buy Xabi Alonso. Its about time we had a competent distributer in the middle, Aquilani barely showed any class this year.

If we're to buy him I hope its cheap and he plays back up which I don't think is likely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)