Alberta Tampona Aquilani (5 Viewers)

How many matches will we get out of Aquilani this season?

• Less than 5

• 5 - 8

• 9 - 12

• 13 - 16

• 17 - 20

• More than 20

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I am not sure we should buy him considering his latest form, he has been beyond terrible. At the same time, I am sure he has what it needs to be a top notch midfielder in a top club.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Would also like more effort from him! He's not trying his best, that's for sure! If he doesn't improve, send him back to Liverpool
I think that he would be a lot better if players around him were playing better.

I think that he is one of these players who needs others to shine, rather than someone who will take the game by the scruff of the neck. Plus he needs to push up more rather than sitting so deep all of the time, (although we don't know if he is being told to play so deep)

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Despite the flimsy performance today, I think he may well be worth the investment anyway, depending on whatever new trainer comes in to replace Del Neri. Perhaps we'll get someone that can get the most out of this guy.
He would be if he put in the effort. He's a Rominista at heart, so his heart might not be in the right place for playing well for Juve. In that case, get rid of him and get someone else!

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
I think that he would be a lot better if players around him were playing better.

I think that he is one of these players who needs others to shine, rather than someone who will take the game by the scruff of the neck. Plus he needs to push up more rather than sitting so deep all of the time, (although we don't know if he is being told to play so deep)
I don't know what he had been told. However, I remember him at Roma and he was a key player for them. When he played they did well 'cos he gave them 100% most of the time he was there.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
I am not sure we should buy him considering his latest form, he has been beyond terrible. At the same time, I am sure he has what it needs to be a top notch midfielder in a top club.
You're right! However, if he is not going to play well for us, I don't want him in Serie A.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Some disgraceful passing today, and certainly not the first game where he has been atrocious. For €20m? Send him right back.

On top of that he is a Italian midfielder who plays a archetypal Italian style of game. For a CM who dictates our play I'd much rather have one that plays a modern and not outdated game. If we ever get back to Europe we'll look worse than Roma.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
I wouldn't label what he did today as dictating, anything, let alone our play, as it was so scatterbrained and disjointed in and of itself that it could barely be described as 'play'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)