Alberta Tampona Aquilani (181 Viewers)

How many matches will we get out of Aquilani this season?

• Less than 5

• 5 - 8

• 9 - 12

• 13 - 16

• 17 - 20

• More than 20

Results are only viewable after voting.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The Primavera are in Viareggio.

I don't see why this would force us to change formation. Marchisio can take Aquilani's place. Martinez/Pepe can play on the left.
What happens if one of them gets hurt and needs to be subbed out? They are ska-rruuuuuuddddeeee if that happens

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Then wouldn't it make sense to play a different formation for this match, then?

If those two are the only option in CM, then God help them if Melo or Marchisio get hurt and they insist on playing a 4 man midfield
Just in case one of them gets injured? I don't agree.

Anyway, if you were going to change to a 4-3-3, you'd need a third centre mid, which is something we don't have.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I really hope this is true.. sick pick up if so. People are being too harsh on him. Considering how the team is playing Aquilani is doing well comparatively. Also I imagine he will be better next season (similar to what happened with Melo)
Not really. I mean, this isn't pre-school here. The guy obviously has talent but he's slacking off. He needs to impose himself more in matches and be more consistent. Aquilani hasn't been anything like he was in the Fall, and that directly has an effect over the team as a whole.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm not sure what the deal is. But Aquilani has never been the player to take a match under his wings, imposing himself on the game like a Xavi or Gerrard. That's my gripe with him. He has the talent to do that, but he doesn't. He's lazy.
I agree.

I wouldn't say he's lazy, though. He just lacks that extra bit of drive and determination to really take charge of a game.

I think Marchisio has a similar problem.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I agree.

I wouldn't say he's lazy, though. He just lacks that extra bit of drive and determination to really take charge of a game.

I think Marchisio has a similar problem.
The fact that he's an oft-injured player may play some part, I guess. Although it shouldn't considering he just needs to show for the ball; demand it.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i just had a thought pop out in my mind about aquilanis decrease in performance.

could someone check if it could also be reasoned by a change of teammates he is playing with ?

seeing aquilanis play is more the "distribute the ball"/"play the ball direct"-type and not the "take the ball, dribble and then pass"-type, it could well be, that the players around aquilani do not fit him that well ? being a player that does like the direct one touch passes myself makes me think, that aquilani might simply lack the teammates that actually do make intelligent runnings, for him to pass throught balls too...

marchisio is often invisible on the left, krasic doubles up lateley so where should the movement come from for aquaman to play an intelligent attack-minded pass to ? we all agree that with toni and matri in that game a few weeks ago we looked pretty decent, because matri does move well and toni did hold up the ball well, but other than that we do miss something we had in the beginning of the season. insult me if you want, but i think one factor is that we do not play pepe anymore. he was running all the time and even if he did not get the ball, some opponents player had to cover his run and so make space. with marchisio being invisible on the wing and krasic being doubled up upon (and the lack of movement of our fullbacks) you can clearly see that aquilani has little chance to play exciting balls if he does not want to dribble past a player first before passing ...

pepe did play nearly every game until the second leg against sampdoria and after that he only featured in the win over inter ... it that coincidence ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 181)