Alberta Tampona Aquilani (27 Viewers)

How many matches will we get out of Aquilani this season?

• Less than 5

• 5 - 8

• 9 - 12

• 13 - 16

• 17 - 20

• More than 20

Results are only viewable after voting.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Isn't that around 13mil USD? I thought that they wanted closer to 20.
It depends on the new owners. They didn't write the contract so they may have a different value or be willing to get an unmotivated player off the books.

One thing that is fishy is the timing. I wouldn't expect things to be done until after the season, when there will be a month to negotiate.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It depends on the new owners. They didn't write the contract so they may have a different value or be willing to get an unmotivated player off the books.

One thing that is fishy is the timing. I wouldn't expect things to be done until after the season, when there will be a month to negotiate.
If anything, with the amount of net transfer money they spent in January, I would be highly surprised if they agreed to sell Aqua for half of what was stated in the arrangement, since they would want to recoup some of that money with this transfer.

Unless they feel that he is no longer in their plans, and would rather not have to shell out that salary for a player who might end up as a peripheral player for Liverpool.

I'm going to say this again.

I can't even tell you how jealous I am of your new ownership group. You guys have total winners in ownership now.

I wish they would have bought Juventus instead.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
If anything, with the amount of net transfer money they spent in January, I would be highly surprised if they agreed to sell Aqua for half of what was stated in the arrangement, since they would want to recoup some of that money with this transfer.

Unless they feel that he is no longer in their plans, and would rather not have to shell out that salary for a player who might end up as a peripheral player for Liverpool.

I'm going to say this again.

I can't even tell you how jealous I am of your new ownership group. You guys have total winners in ownership now.

I wish they would have bought Juventus instead.
I think one of the bigger issues is that Alberto has a salary of around 83k a week. So I think it may be more about getting rid of a guy with a high salary who isn't going to be an everyday player and has said again and again he'd rather stay in Italy.

I am pretty pleased with the early strides the group has made.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
8M Pounds would be a good deal for us. As I've said before, if we made it clear that we won't buy him for 15M Euros, then they might be stuck with an unmotivated player for another year, finding him hard to sell. His value would drop immediately if we didn't exercise on him. Throw in the wages and Pool are somewhat forced to bargain.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
8M Pounds would be a good deal for us. As I've said before, if we made it clear that we won't buy him for 15M Euros, then they might be stuck with an unmotivated player for another year, finding him hard to sell. His value would drop immediately if we didn't exercise on him. Throw in the wages and Pool are somewhat forced to bargain.
Problem is, has his level of play lately even suggested that he is motivated at Juve?

Here is what I'm hoping the issue ISN'T

I hope for the love of Adriana Lima that he is not hiding some sort of injury, so as to shed that injury prone label of his.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Maybe he thinks he's done enough to secure his spot, so he's been free-riding.

This is why we should bring in a Pizarro or someone similar. If we can get Aqui for 8M we might have some cash to spend on another CM. Of course, I know we need a Soaker replacement, too.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Maybe he thinks he's done enough to secure his spot, so he's been free-riding.

This is why we should bring in a Pizarro or someone similar. If we can get Aqui for 8M we might have some cash to spend on another CM. Of course, I know we need a Soaker replacement, too.
If that is true, then I wouldn't touch him with a 100 ft. pole with that kind of mindset. Not when its blatantly obvious that this team needs him to be the Aqua of Septemer-December more than ever.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If we could get him for 8mil than I would for sure take that option, his form has dipped recently but as long as he doesn't pick up any serious injuries before June I'm sure he'll do well enough.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If that is true, then I wouldn't touch him with a 100 ft. pole with that kind of mindset. Not when its blatantly obvious that this team needs him to be the Aqua of Septemer-December more than ever.
I'm not sure what the deal is. But Aquilani has never been the player to take a match under his wings, imposing himself on the game like a Xavi or Gerrard. That's my gripe with him. He has the talent to do that, but he doesn't. He's lazy.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If we could get him for 8mil than I would for sure take that option, his form has dipped recently but as long as he doesn't pick up any serious injuries before June I'm sure he'll do well enough.
Funny you should say that. Apparently he is out of tomorrow's match, so the midfield could end up being

Krasic------Melo-------Marchisio---------Martinez.

In the past, I would have siad "Well, its ONLY Bologna."

But, we all know what their record is against the weaker teams this year

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm not sure what the deal is. But Aquilani has never been the player to take a match under his wings, imposing himself on the game like a Xavi or Gerrard. That's my gripe with him. He has the talent to do that, but he doesn't. He's lazy.
His play of late really upsets me, because I am such a huge fan of his talent. I expected more out of him this year, and he has been the most disappointing to me as individual performances go this year.

Very disappointed, and that's too bad, because I really am a big fan of his.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
He's definitely out of tomorrow's match. He wasn't called up. The Primavera aren't available so the only centre mids we have are Melo and Marchisio.
Oh my. I knew that Super Soaker was out of the match, but I didn't know about the primavera squad not being available.

So what now? a 4-3-3?

Krasic------Melo--------Marchisio

Del Piero----Matri-------Martinez/Pepe?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Funny you should say that. Apparently he is out of tomorrow's match, so the midfield could end up being

Krasic------Melo-------Marchisio---------Martinez.

In the past, I would have siad "Well, its ONLY Bologna."

But, we all know what their record is against the weaker teams this year
For real, is he injured?

I wouldn't worry about Aquilani missing this one. The lineup is definitely good enough to beat Bologna, it all depends if the players turn up or not. If we see the same team performance that was given against Lecce than it wouldn't matter if Aquilani played.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Oh my. I knew that Super Soaker was out of the match, but I didn't know about the primavera squad not being available.

So what now? a 4-3-3?

Krasic------Melo--------Marchisio

Del Piero----Matri-------Martinez/Pepe?
The Primavera are in Viareggio.

I don't see why this would force us to change formation. Marchisio can take Aquilani's place. Martinez/Pepe can play on the left.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)