Alberta Tampona Aquilani (25 Viewers)

How many matches will we get out of Aquilani this season?

• Less than 5

• 5 - 8

• 9 - 12

• 13 - 16

• 17 - 20

• More than 20

Results are only viewable after voting.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
it is not the position on the pitch thats different for him but the role he has to play in the team. in rome as a pretty young boy nobody put weight on his shoulders. there was no pressure on him, while playing with us on the other hand he better grew some balls, because if things go well everybody can shine (as he did), but when the going gets rough you see who is a real quality player and who is just a waterboy that goes with the flow. thats exactly the reason he wont turn out to be world class. he is old enough to have built a character on the pitch, but under pressure he just goes under ... he will never be the one to turn that spark on the team when all points downward

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
it is not the position on the pitch thats different for him but the role he has to play in the team. in rome as a pretty young boy nobody put weight on his shoulders. there was no pressure on him, while playing with us on the other hand he better grew some balls, because if things go well everybody can shine (as he did), but when the going gets rough you see who is a real quality player and who is just a waterboy that goes with the flow. thats exactly the reason he wont turn out to be world class. he is old enough to have built a character on the pitch, but under pressure he just goes under ... he will never be the one to turn that spark on the team when all points downward
If you look at it like that we seriously have a waterboy-squad :D

Mar 30, 2006
I think he has been good and we should sign him. He offers somethign we lack in midfield. Also if we get Pirlo we wont really save that much because his salary is double Aquilani's and due to Pirlo's age we will have to get another CM and pay a transfer fee for them in 2 or 3 years. Makes no Sense. Aquilani at 16 million and 26 years old is not a bad buy.. Even if we wanted to sell him in 2 or 3 years we would be able to get some money back. Pirlo would be a fat contract who is in steady decline and is getting alot of injuries at this point in his career.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I think he has been good and we should sign him. He offers somethign we lack in midfield. Also if we get Pirlo we wont really save that much because his salary is double Aquilani's and due to Pirlo's age we will have to get another CM and pay a transfer fee for them in 2 or 3 years. Makes no Sense. Aquilani at 16 million and 26 years old is not a bad buy.. Even if we wanted to sell him in 2 or 3 years we would be able to get some money back. Pirlo would be a fat contract who is in steady decline and is getting alot of injuries at this point in his career.
Well, there are better options for 16M but for 11-13M I will done deal it. Aquaman has been injury free but in most away matches he's been a wank, home matches seem to suit him better. The thing I don't understand is that he doesn't go forward often, why's that? He could be a scoring factor in our midfield since he has a decent distance shot.

His setpieces are shit though. Well actually, DP and Pepe's has been shit too.

Mar 30, 2006
I think he does not go forward because then it would leave our shitty defence exposed. I read that he said in a 442 at Juve he has alot more defensive responsibilities.. I don't think Aquilani is the problem in our teams play and if we had better players aaround him he would play better. He is one of the few players who has settled well so why mess with it and risk getting a worse player. It is good to have some level of consistency in our first 11 and he and Melo have a good understanding. We should just spend the money on him and Quag then get some fullbacks .. i am not sure about Matri yet. For a cheap left winger we could look at N'Zogbia or someone in that price range as he is fairly solid and is a better player then Pepe.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
If you look at it like that we seriously have a waterboy-squad :D
it's usually like that ... you don't get strong characters by the dozen.

i think buffon would be a player like that, but since he is limited in his influence because he is a keeper that does not help us much. alex used to be like that, but with the lack of pace it does not look as if he wants to pull the team up, but more like a selfish ballhogg, who tried to dribble with the head through the wall. i believe he still wants to help the team dearly, but always trying and getting brushed aside or falling down while doing it, does not help the team ...

melo could be a guy who cheers others up ... you saw it ... and if you keep him card-free he is a good character who could deliver the needed spark

Mar 30, 2006
As far as I am concerned our midfield is the best thing we got going for us at the moment.. Marchisio, Melo, Aquilani and Krasic are all very good players and when you compare them to some of the other players in our squad the gulf in class is alot.. so why mess with it? We should lock down Aquilani and not sign another veteran with a high contract (Pirlo). If we can Sign Quag and either Matri or Benzema or something .. then get fullbacks our team will be alot better next season. Fullbacks are our biggest problem. If we had Quag fit and 2 quality fullbacks this season would have gone alot better.

Mar 30, 2006
I dont think he needs to have goals and assists to be a good player.. he adds alot to our play. If he was playing more forward thouggh I aam sure he would have some good goals and assists but we dont play him that way so why should we expect that of him. He does a good job for us and next season he will prob be even better after settling here. Look at Melo this season compared to his first season. You can't always change players and it makes no sense to opt for a unproven player when the payer we have is doing well despite the team being aweful. Anyway I just hope he stays and we can shift our focus to getting other positions secured. Also 16 million is alot less then what Liverpool paid for him.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i am sorry, but just being there and making the game play look more fluid is not a big feat. in this team right now i think marchisio would have already outscored aquilani by far if he actually played in the centre midfield.

ha ha funny, i actually checked the stats and even this season without playing in his position marchisio already has more scorer points than aqua ...

its the same like you have quaresma in your team ... you will have fun watching it, but there wont be any goals or assists and in the end its fruitless art

Mar 30, 2006
i am sorry, but just being there and making the game play look more fluid is not a big feat. in this team right now i think marchisio would have already outscored aquilani by far if he actually played in the centre midfield.

ha ha funny, i actually checked the stats and even this season without playing in his position marchisio already has more scorer points than aqua ...

its the same like you have quaresma in your team ... you will have fun watching it, but there wont be any goals or assists and in the end its fruitless art
Marchisio on the wing has more freedom to go forward then Aquilani in the center. Marchisio also tends to go missing in games while Aquilani has more of an influence on the teams build up. They are both important so why get rid of Aquilani.. and if u say we can just use Melo and Marchisio in mid a team like Juve needs more then 2 CM's .. if we lose Momo we can't lose Aquilani.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Didn't you say the same thing about Xabi Alonso?:D

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Marchisio on the wing has more freedom to go forward then Aquilani in the center. Marchisio also tends to go missing in games while Aquilani has more of an influence on the teams build up. They are both important so why get rid of Aquilani.. and if u say we can just use Melo and Marchisio in mid a team like Juve needs more then 2 CM's .. if we lose Momo we can't lose Aquilani.
of course we can not get rid of aquaman and sissoko at the same time.

its not that i am against the thought of having aquilani in the team. i actually always liked him, but liking a player based on what one sees when one occasionally sees highlights of roma games and then seeing that he barely produces stuff he really should (given that price) i am sensible enough to say that he is too expensive. everyone was saying we overpayed for amauri, but in this case all people seem to be ok for it. i really can't understand someone who says the performances he brought us were worth 16m €. for 10m € i'd say it's a deal perhaps already a bargain, but my estimate of his worth is around 8 - 11 m € for a solid midfieldplayer that also goes missing and does not involve himself enough

it all depends on the summer mercato ... if we get a decent midfielder for 10 m € who is better than aquaman we should go for it and let go of aquilani. if there is no midfielder on the market we will pretty much have to take him.

Didn't you say the same thing about Xabi Alonso?:D
again you mix up ranieris words with mine ;)

i am pretty sure that i did not say the same thing about alonso, but i understood that we could not get him given the financial restrictions we had and liverpool not being able to get barry and thus delaying the transfer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)