Against what La Vecchiasignora forum says, Buffon is our #1 (1 Viewer)

Who's your number 1 keeper for the next matches/for the future?

• Gianluigi Buffon

• Marco Storari

Results are only viewable after voting.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Does anyone else here seem to think that the defense gets a little too lackadaisical when Buffon is in there?

Having confidence that Gigi is back there is one thing, but his teammates should know better than to think that this is still the Buffon of 5 years ago, considering the injury he's coming back from.

Honestly, sometimes that defense in front of him makes him look a hell of a lot worse than what Buffon's performances are perceived to be.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I wonder if we should drop Chiellini for the next couple games. Barzagli did very well in the Roma game. In fact, the 3 games Chiellini didn't play this season, we won.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Buffon is a luxury that this Juventus team will need,he is a Legend,probably the real Worldclass player this Juve has and with no one complaining otherwise..

Buffon is sky high above Storari,even when he is not showing it on the pitch just yet,he will be great again soon and we all know this..

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Does anyone else here seem to think that the defense gets a little too lackadaisical when Buffon is in there?

Having confidence that Gigi is back there is one thing, but his teammates should know better than to think that this is still the Buffon of 5 years ago, considering the injury he's coming back from.

Honestly, sometimes that defense in front of him makes him look a hell of a lot worse than what Buffon's performances are perceived to be.
I considered this an option back in 2008 and 2009 and it might have been a case. But ever since we saw that no matter the goalkeeper, if the defense isn't 100% concentrated Buffon won't save our asses when they leave him alone.
Nah, I think the defense is bad and their performances have nothing to do with relaxing when Gigi is there.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #28
    I considered this an option back in 2008 and 2009 and it might have been a case. But ever since we saw that no matter the goalkeeper, if the defense isn't 100% concentrated Buffon won't save our asses when they leave him alone.
    Nah, I think the defense is bad and their performances have nothing to do with relaxing when Gigi is there.
    Agreed. We lack experience and maturity at the back.

That said, Buffon's presence on the field is an extra confidence for the rest of the players.

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
    I can't believe how quickly people are ready to just get rid of him, what if Storari hurts himself and is out for a few months and then comes back weaker than before? Chuck him out as well.

Buffon will need a lot of time, more than is left in the season unfortunately. He hasn't been the same, and he looks as if he's gained some weight too, but not playing him is not going to help with that. He is one of the greatest keepers in the world, no question, and he is not yet so old that that form cannot return.

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    Yeah, lets play Storari, piss Buffon off and then see how Storari will go back to being just normal while we've pissed off the best.

Sell Storari I don't care.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
    Aug 25, 2006
    I can't believe this is even being considered.:lol2:
    Me too! What's wrong with keeping both!

Personally, I don't give a toss if its Buffon, Storari, Burke, or Sabet between the sticks. Whoever gives them the best chance to win at the moment
    :agree:

I think that the defence is lackadaisical no matter who is between the sticks.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
    Storari has had his fair share of poor games this season too. Put it this way, who would sell for more and who has the most potential interested clubs. Buffon wins hands down. no point even thinking about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)