Against what La Vecchiasignora forum says, Buffon is our #1 (1 Viewer)

Who's your number 1 keeper for the next matches/for the future?

• Gianluigi Buffon

• Marco Storari

Results are only viewable after voting.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
It's not a secret that Storari is in better shape than Buffon is.I was sttuned after his show in Roma a few days ago, but wait.. really Juve fans wants get rid of man who stayed with us in Serie B instead of moving to the top club..? Gigi together with Alex has the biggest black-white hearts here at Juve and i am fucking happy for these guys. To sell him and to make our first GK Storari would be a crime IMO.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
:shocked:

i remember storari against Bologna when he was really crap.
I can't remember a really crap game of gigi.

But if gigi's back is hurting again then storari should play

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    I can't believe this is even being considered.:lol2:
    Hilarious no?

Check the Storari thread and Buffon, there are some people really believe that Buffon should leave and hand his gloves to Storari the GREAT. :shifty:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I don't know what are they discussing exactly in VS but I guess they're talking about who should be our GK on the next match(es), am I right?
    In that case Rab, I think you should change the poll question to something like that because your question is indicative and no way more than 2-3 people would vote against Gigi with such a question.
    In any case, I'll vote Buffon, be it for next week's match or overall.

P.S: I will actually love it if Gigi accepts the glove and some rivalry starts between the two of them. That might end up great for us because Buffon is clear world's #1 when he's motivated.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    Yeah, I think who should goal-keep Juventus for the next matches and from what I read around Arabic Juve forum(Since there's a collaboration between the two forums) they're preferring Storari over Buffon for other reasons too, market wise and future plans, etc...

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
    Markete wise it would be A : a disaster since Gigi is a Juventus Pilar and one of the Champion faces of Juventus and B: Our team merchandise would go low if we sell Gigi, i believe after Del Piero, Gigi sells the most fan articles and Jerseys

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13
    Markete wise it would be A : a disaster since Gigi is a Juventus Pilar and one of the Champion faces of Juventus and B: Our team merchandise would go low if we sell Gigi, i believe after Del Piero, Gigi sells the most fan articles and Jerseys
    No doubt. Market-wise, some are considering the amount of money they're going to make out of Gigi's departure but I can bet Marotta would never pull a decent name to replace Gigi ala Moggi style with Peruzzi, VDS and Gigi. He would spend them on someone like Martinez.

Also, why would anyone want the best keeper out of the squad is beyond me. This is reminding me of the Del Piero dilemma times. Couple of matches can change a whole lot of things..

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    If we sell Buffon, we can forget about buying WC players, those very players won't take the team seriously because selling Buffon would show a lack of ambition along with prestige. Why do most of the successful clubs get the best players besides paying big money? It's because WC players want to play amongst the greats, not average joes that we've been collecting over the last 5 seasons.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
    Jun 5, 2010
    If we sell Buffon, we can forget about buying WC players, those very players won't take the team seriously because selling Buffon would show a lack of ambition along with prestige. Why do most of the successful clubs get the best players besides paying big money? It's because WC players want to play amongst the greats, not average joes that we've been collecting over the last 5 seasons.
    couldn't be more :agree: with you :)

JuventinMalti

Apr 5, 2006
    The poll question doesn't ask about selling, it states for the next matches, and I think Storari should be given space. I can't understand any player being in the starting line up without a shadow of consideration for form. Hypothetically speaking, if you play Buffon when Storari is in better form and working hard for that place, you indirectly incentivise Buffon to step off his gas and not perform to his best, while at the same time destorying the morale of his replacement.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    No doubt this is Gigi's worst period of form ever. He's coming back from over half a year without playing and came into the team at the worst possible time, just after the crisis began (he came back after the 1-4 to Parma and 3-0 to Napoli). Physically, he seems fine now. His movement is okay and he had a few good matches for us in between the bad ones and a good one for the Azzurri. It's his confidence that's shot. Even Chiellini's been shite recently.

Storari is a wonderful 2nd keeper and was fine in Gigi's absence. But now that we have the world's #1 back, let us take advantage of that. It may take a few games to get him back into form, but he won't get it on the bench, and unlike the outfield positions, you don't sub in keepers. We would be fools to have the best keeper of the last 20 years (if not ever) on the bench because of a few bad games.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    No doubt. Market-wise, some are considering the amount of money they're going to make out of Gigi's departure but I can bet Marotta would never pull a decent name to replace Gigi ala Moggi style with Peruzzi, VDS and Gigi. He would spend them on someone like Martinez.

Also, why would anyone want the best keeper out of the squad is beyond me. This is reminding me of the Del Piero dilemma times. Couple of matches can change a whole lot of things..
    He was at already at Juve when Moggi came aboard.

Just saying :D

Personally, I don't give a fuck if its Buffon, Storari, Burke, or Sabet between the sticks. Whomever gives them the best chance to win at the moment

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I can't understand any player being in the starting line up without a shadow of consideration for form. Hypothetically speaking, if you play Buffon when Storari is in better form and working hard for that place, you indirectly incentivise Buffon to step off his gas and not perform to his best, while at the same time destorying the morale of his replacement.
    You make a valid point. I discussed something similar too in Storari's thread. But the bare fact that one of the two players in question is the big Gigi Buffon, as well as the fact that it's the end of the season and the transfer mercato is close, makes this issue way too complicated and even though your point above is valid it's not that easy to be implemented at this point and in this particular case.
    But imo it is good that Storari went public with it and I think it's gonna be helpful on many levels.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    The poll question doesn't ask about selling, it states for the next matches, and I think Storari should be given space. I can't understand any player being in the starting line up without a shadow of consideration for form. Hypothetically speaking, if you play Buffon when Storari is in better form and working hard for that place, you indirectly incentivise Buffon to step off his gas and not perform to his best, while at the same time destorying the morale of his replacement.
    It's the life of a goalkeeper, mate. When you're 2nd choice, be prepared to ride the pine all season long. Remember last time Buffon was injured and Manninger filled in expertly? When Buffon was back, Manny acknowledged that it was time to let the #1 return to his place. Gigi's not like that in that he won;t stop working hard to get back to his best. He would be more disappointed than anyone else about his poor form and we'll be seeing his best soon enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)