Against Milan, We were Good! (4 Viewers)

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
Okay, most of you guys might disagree with me. But I watched the video of the full match on BT and I have to say that Juventus look a better team than Milan right now. Here are my grounds:

1.) Juventus were out of form, but came out with a draw against an on-form Milan.

2.) The chances created by Milan were not as clear-cut if you consider that they were playing a lacklustre opponent.

3.) We just came from a match in which we struggled to get a 1-0 win against Bologna, while Milan have taken a morale boosting 6-0 against Florence.

4.) Sheva just won the Balon d'Or and we were able to contain him despite his very high morale. We all know Sheva's quality.

5.) If we were able to step-up a gear, I think the result would have been more favorable to us.

Our passing was clearly in shambles. But that was because it was so evident that our players were so tired. We could really use the winter break to recharge our batteries. Then we could be ready to roll-over Europe again.
Fair to say you REALLY don't have high expectations for this team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
But isnt that the way with Capello though, he always seems to take over at a club in which someone else has made into playing very attractive, copy that person's style like he did with Zeman at Roma, then after a season or 2 reverts to his caution first approach.
Now, Capello has been a copycat coach who has won because someone else made his teams playing attractive ????

Seriously, you need to reconsider what team really you like to support...because your view of Juventus seems too bitter and sour... :cool:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I am beginning to be frusturated cause Juve are not the same Juve that have been in the 96-98 years and I don`t see us getting back to those years anytime soon
I want to see a Juve that dominates every match no matter who is the oponnent if it is Reggina Chievo Milan Barcelona Real Madrid or Chelsea all I want is to see a Juve that always plays better than the other side! That was the case in the 96-98 and half of the 99 untill DP got injured and I want to see it again
will Juve come back to those years? I really hope so but I don`t think it will happen in the next 2 years for the least

Dec 27, 2003
But isnt that the way with Capello though, he always seems to take over at a club in which someone else has made into playing very attractive, copy that person's style like he did with Zeman at Roma, then after a season or 2 reverts to his caution first approach.

But you have to agree with the fact that Milan fans were not too happy even though they were winning by 1-0 in almost every game, this where yopu guys differ from Juve fans.
Actually my argument was that Capello reverts to defensive football only once he doesn't have the players allowing him to play an attacking style anymore. The Milan he coached in his third year was very different from the one he had in his first year, so he adapted, which is something he's very good at. The epitome of his capacity to adpat was that year's CL final against Barca. I'll always remember how on the eve of the clash Cruyff said that this was a confrontation between attractive and offensive football (Barca) versus negative defensive football (Milan). We all know what happened next (for those who don't : Milan won 4-0). You are right in saying that Milan fans weren't too happy with the overall level of play that year (even if it bore fruit), but I think that legendary final repaid us greatly for our patience.

At Roma Capello inherited an offensive-minded team but his first year wasn't one to be remembered. Roma did not reach the level of play it had under Zeman (who is in fact the antithesis of Capello, as he NEVER adapts his team) and didn't achieve more result-wise. Again, it is only after Samuel, Emerson, Batistiuta and then Mancini or Cassano's arrivals that he changed the team's set-up and mentality.

I think there is one feature though that is common to all the sides Capello has coached no matter what the circumstances, and that's the importance of the right back. If you notice, Capello's teams have always relied on a right back that could guarantee an offensive contribution. At Milan, Real and Roma it used to be Panucci (it's no coincidence that the latter followed him everywhere, apart from the fact that Capello seems to be the only one who can cope with his bad temper). Today it is Zebina.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++

Now, Capello has been a copycat coach who has won because someone else made his teams playing attractive ????

Seriously, you need to reconsider what team really you like to support...because your view of Juventus seems too bitter and sour... :cool:
I didnt say he won because he is a copycat, i said his teams that play attractive football are the ones he inheriuted from coaches who like to play attractive football. There is a difference there

And as far as your quote is concerned about supporting someone else, ppl like you bore the hell out of me, thats why its so difficult to come on here and spend more than 15 minutes unlike the days i used to be thoroughly entertained by posts and views, now its mainly nonsense and sychophants, who wanna show their support by not questioning anything but go with the flow. The saving grace are the milan fans and a bit of Juve posters like Vinman , Sergio and a handful of others, all the better ones are no more here for some reason which is such a shame.

I am a huge fan of Juventus but a bigger fan of football the entertainment, for me its not about winning, as i am not that cynical and no way do i wanna sit down for 2 hrs and watch some boring stuff week in week out.

KaiserFranco, I think Roma did very well in Capello's first season and entertained where he copied his 3 man attack from Zeman, then when he won the scudetto, the next season he reverted to a 2 man attack which was not as successful

Yes he would always be feted for his masterstroke against Barcelona but he was helped by Cruyff's overconfidence and what he did was to nullify key areas of barcalenona's attack and everything worked on the day but he was also manager against Marseille and Ajax, was he not?

OP
Primo

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #86
    ++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Fair to say you REALLY don't have high expectations for this team.
    I'd have to say you're wrong. After seeing how we were fairing the past few games before Milan, I'd have to say I'm happy with a draw. We were dead tired and needed rejuvination.

You see, it's not about expectations. It's what other call a REALITY CHECK.

It's like expecting an injured striker to score a hatrick.

++ [ originally posted by Denco ] ++

in reply to a quote

And as far as your quote is concerned about supporting someone else, ppl like you bore the hell out of me, thats why its so difficult to come on here and spend more than 15 minutes unlike the days i used to be thoroughly entertained by posts and views, now its mainly nonsense and sychophants, who wanna show their support by not questioning anything but go with the flow. The saving grace are the milan fans and a bit of Juve posters like Vinman , Sergio and a handful of others, all the better ones are no more here for some reason which is such a shame.
    You sure know how to make an opinionated post. Although I respect the freedom of speech in this forum, sometimes it's better to keep things to ourselves.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002

I'd have to say you're wrong. After seeing how we were fairing the past few games before Milan, I'd have to say I'm happy with a draw. We were dead tired and needed rejuvination.

It's like expecting an injured striker to score a hatrick.

You sure know how to make an opinionated post. Although I respect the freedom of speech in this forum, sometimes it's better to keep things to ourselves.
    I dont think he was insulting you Primo...its does get aggravating to read some ppls posts where all they do is give you the company line,and tell you how great we were, even if we played like absolute shite !!

Sometimes, I think the ppl who do this didnt watch the game, and hasnt watch many games this season

I do watch for entertainment, but for me, winning is more important.

I watch Arsenal for entertainment purposes....because usually win or lose, I walk away entertained !!!!

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002

Whats opionionated about it? I was just told to support someone else because unlike most of you a spade is a spade to me and not a diamond. How you can say we were good against Milan is beyond me.

The thread sould have been we got away with murder or smething like that not that we were good, cos thats one thing we were not and i still maintain that majority of the guys who post nowadays bore the pants off me, thats why the likes of the Milan boys are a breath of fresh air just to shake this place a bit

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003

You are COMPLETELY MISSING THE POINT and don't try to slide into another point you were supposedly trying to make. Your point was clear: you stated boldly: against Milan..WE WERE GOOD.
    Hence my post: you have low expectations for this team. If you consider that performance as GOOD then you really don't expect much.
    Possession, mid field control, attack was all in Milan's favor. Cannavaro and Thuram saved Juve from losing the three points. The midfield was in shambles and attack non-existent as a result. The inability for Milan to score can be attributed to the Sheva-Crespo-Kaka team play which is still in the early stages..Crespo continues to be one pace behind the play and a lack of "finish" is attributable to that...in addition to the efforts of Cannavaro and Thuram.
    Bottom line is that associating the word GOOD with that performance is horsesh*t
    Save the reality checks and the other cliched lines for posters who buy this crap

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Okay, most of you guys might disagree with me. But I watched the video of the full match on BT and I have to say that Juventus look a better team than Milan right now. Here are my grounds:

1.) Juventus were out of form, but came out with a draw against an on-form Milan.
    Thats more to do with Milan than our abilities or lack of on the day

2.) The chances created by Milan were not as clear-cut if you consider that they were playing a lacklustre opponent.
    Again that did not make us good, just made Milan look bad which they were not and some decisions went against them
    3.) We just came from a match in which we struggled to get a 1-0 win against Bologna, while Milan have taken a morale boosting 6-0 against Florence.
    Not really understanding what this has got to do with the price of fish, as when a big game like that comes along, tiredness goes outta the window
    4.) Sheva just won the Balon d'Or and we were able to contain him despite his very high morale. We all know Sheva's quality
    You are absolutely right, and Ronaldinho couldnt score against Albacete, so they must be world class

5.) If we were able to step-up a gear, I think the result would have been more favorable to us.
    If i had boobs i would have been a girl, coming to think of it you might have a point there

Jan 7, 2004

You are COMPLETELY MISSING THE POINT and don't try to slide into another point you were supposedly trying to make. Your point was clear: you stated boldly: against Milan..WE WERE GOOD.
    Hence my post: you have low expectations for this team. If you consider that performance as GOOD then you really don't expect much.

thank you Nicola

Dec 27, 2003

KaiserFranco, I think Roma did very well in Capello's first season and entertained where he copied his 3 man attack from Zeman, then when he won the scudetto, the next season he reverted to a 2 man attack which was not as successful

Yes he would always be feted for his masterstroke against Barcelona but he was helped by Cruyff's overconfidence and what he did was to nullify key areas of barcalenona's attack and everything worked on the day but he was also manager against Marseille and Ajax, was he not?
    Indeed he was. Against Marseille we were still an offensive-minded team (and the final's favourites) but we know how those perfidious Southern French are Milan's "bête noire". Against Ajax we were just a poor copy of the team that had dominated Europe in the previous seasons, yet we played an excellent final imo, but lost.

Massimo

Oct 10, 2004
    since i'm a fan since 1995 than i was 10 years old.. i hardly ever seen a Juventus having so much trouble with Milan as this match.. but Milan should have finished us but they didn't so Milan isn't there yet eather..it's gone be a last day championshipmatch season i think:cool:

OP
    Primo

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #95
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

I dont think he was insulting you Primo...its does get aggravating to read some ppls posts where all they do is give you the company line,and tell you how great we were, even if we played like absolute shite !!

Sometimes, I think the ppl who do this didnt watch the game, and hasnt watch many games this season

I do watch for entertainment, but for me, winning is more important.

I watch Arsenal for entertainment purposes....because usually win or lose, I walk away entertained !!!!
    I know Vin. I was just letting him know that at that stage in time, I wasn't really expecting Juve to really win. We struggled against Bologna and other teams heading to that game and I already knew we wouldn't fair well against Milan.

It's all good natured in here, don't worry.

And yes, I do watch EPL games too. They certainly score more goals.

++ [ originally posted by Denco ] ++

The thread sould have been we got away with murder or smething like that not that we were good, cos thats one thing we were not and i still maintain that majority of the guys who post nowadays bore the pants off me, thats why the likes of the Milan boys are a breath of fresh air just to shake this place a bit
    When I say GOOD, I explained it with 5 reasons. I said we were GOOD because we got away with something that looked like an evident loss. But luckily in the end, we were able to contain them, plus a little bit of luck.

Save the reality checks and the other cliched lines for posters who buy this crap
    I didn't expect everyone to agree with what I was about to say. While some of us, if we were in Capello's shoes, would shout at our players after the game for not winning the match. But at the end of the day, I think I can pat our players' backs and tell them that they did good to come out with a draw.

OP
    Primo

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #96

Thats more to do with Milan than our abilities or lack of on the day

Again that did not make us good, just made Milan look bad which they were not and some decisions went against them

Not really understanding what this has got to do with the price of fish, as when a big game like that comes along, tiredness goes outta the window
    You are absolutely right, and Ronaldinho couldnt score against Albacete, so they must be world class

If i had boobs i would have been a girl, coming to think of it you might have a point there
    Exactly my point, all evidence leads to us losing that match. But, we still shared the spoils.

If we had lost, I wouldn't have posted this thread anyway. But we didn't. And that's good enough a result for me against Milan.

Okay, so as to stop all these useless debates, I just want to explain that WE CERTAINLY WEREN'T SUPERIOR TO MILAN and I have admitted to that since day 1. What I am only saying is that we did enough, and some luck, to come out with a draw to a completely SUPERIOR MILAN.

Let that sink into this thread before some yapping starts again.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002

Exactly my point, all evidence leads to us losing that match. But, we still shared the spoils.
    Apparently not.Half the people here were saying we'd beat them hands down.

OP
    Primo

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #100
    I didn't expect to win.

Although I wanted to. But I thought it was highly unlikely.

That's why I didn't look particularly excited to that match.

I was wishing that it would come after the break.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)