[Africa] 2010 World Cup qualifying thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Congrats to Algeria on taking revenge and finally making it to a WC again (if I remember right, last time was in 1982 when they defeated Germany). I was disappointed by Egypt's reaction after the 0-1, although they had 2 top chances at least.

Hard luck to the Egyptians. You should be proud of this team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Am not egyptian but honestly the egpytians are the victims here nodoubt about it. From day one the algerians were trying they're best to start a war over a stupid football game.

I hate to generalize or stereotype but anyone familiar with the people in that part of the world would know that the algerians are pretty agressive people in nature both them and us (iraqi's) have a serious attitude problems i admit to that....

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
its funny how al-jazeerah dont mention anything about how the supporters were attacked and just mention one incident even though they showed more than 3 buses destroyed! Any way glad it ended with no one losing his life.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Thierry Henry. Where are the Irish posters?
Busy constructing an effigy to burn.

The radio station I listen to over breakfast just phoned FIFA's press office. Obviously, no joy there. People are pretty damn furious here - calls for everything from a replay (not going to happen) to a boycott on Gillette products (Henry's in their current marketing campaign).

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006

The radio station I listen to over breakfast just phoned FIFA's press office. Obviously, no joy there. People are pretty damn furious here - calls for everything from a replay (not going to happen) to a boycott on Gillette products (Henry's in their current marketing campaign).
Don't forget the Renault Clio !

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001

That's really stupid, it's not like it was planned, this shit happens in many matches, and they don't repeat, nothing can be done about this.

At least they can start thinking of using video technology, but it's not going to happen, EVER :sergio:

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
That's really stupid, it's not like it was planned, this shit happens in many matches, and they don't repeat, nothing can be done about this.

At least they can start thinking of using video technology, but it's not going to happen, EVER :sergio:
It was planned in a General sense though, ever since the play-off draw was seeded, the whole system is corrupt, look at Italy-Korea in 2002

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I'll switch to Wilkinson right away. :p

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
It was planned in a General sense though, ever since the play-off draw was seeded, the whole system is corrupt, look at Italy-Korea in 2002
We never know about that, many bad calls were in our (Juve) favor in past, and sometimes for Inter's. We can make as much as theories, this will not lead us anywhere, like I said, if they don't introduce video technology to the game, these will happen forever, for France or against them, it happens to everyone..

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I don't believe the conspiracy theories. Big teams tend to make their own luck - and I'm not talking about bribery here. Regardless, Henry intentionally stuck out his hand, cupped, to stop the ball from going out of play, tapped it a second time to place it for himself to kick it across the goal for Gallas' qualifying goal. That's cynical cheating and bad refereeing. Henry can call it accidental if he likes. I can respond by calling him a cheat and a coward.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I don't believe the conspiracy theories. Big teams tend to make their own luck - and I'm not talking about bribery here. Regardless, Henry intentionally stuck out his hand, cupped, to stop the ball from going out of play, tapped it a second time to place it for himself to kick it across the goal for Gallas' qualifying goal. That's cynical cheating and bad refereeing. Henry can call it accidental if he likes. I can respond by calling him a cheat and a coward.
Damn straight about that one!

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
1- ok first of all i do agree with that the celebrations where excessive and the confidence was sky high and so were the expectations but that game had its reasons whether we agree on them or not.

2 algeria did not fuck us and not even close ok. i dont know which game u actually watched but we were the better team in both games and it simply was'nt our day. the team gave its all and there is nothing more to give.

3- care to elaborate why hasan shehata is the most lucky stupid manager you have seen??? what have u done differently??

4- how r people celebrating taken as being emo??? u mentioned that on saturday and i decided not to ask u but now i really am dying to know how u got to that conclusion that they r emo. as far as i know being emo means being depressed or the form of music known as emo but i never knew u you could be emo by being happy that yr country won a footie match.

5- congrats on yr prediction.

i'm in no way mocking u or provoking u i really want to know yr point of view about this.

and one last point for yr considersation, just like u there are a million things i hate about egypt and living here but it still remains my country even if there r times u wish u were able to get out of here but at the end of the day its where we live and its where we belong too so THEY F***** US is a bit on the wrong side of yr comments. i'm not saying i'm a better person than u no and i'm being honest. i do understand u r upset and angry at the loss and the fact we celebrated pre-maturely but when u relax and calm down u will realize that upsets happen in football its part of the game. congrats to algeria they had a terrific campaign and egypt made us proud even if we did not make it to the world cup but for the past 4 years this team ( the same team that went out today) made all of us proud and happy. i hope u understand this and not take it the wrong way.
Bisco :touched:, that is how you defend your country :tup:
am the bad guy now:agree:

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
Of course you're not.

But Hazem, seriously, since the Confederations Cup you never cheered for Egypt. When we won over Italy, you started to discuss how to improve Azzurri. You never celebrate our victory. Even if we play like shit you should at least be happy that we won. Even that Italy you cheer on most of the time won the World Cup undeservedly.

I didn't mean to judge you, you are free do what you want. I'm just amazed.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
am the bad guy now:agree:
no you r not i clearly stated that i did;nt think u where and i was very keen on you not mis-understanding me and thinking i was mocking u in any way bec i'm not i just really want to get yr point. sorry if you toke any offense i apologize for that. :beer:

Of course you're not.

But Hazem, seriously, since the Confederations Cup you never cheered for Egypt. When we won over Italy, you started to discuss how to improve Azzurri. You never celebrate our victory. Even if we play like shit you should at least be happy that we won. Even that Italy you cheer on most of the time won the World Cup undeservedly.

I didn't mean to judge you, you are free do what you want. I'm just amazed.
:sergio: :evil: i dont quite think thats true ya wahdan, they won it deservedly no doubt about that. thanks for clearing this up until i got online bec in all honesty i did'nt mean any offense to Hazem i respect is opinion and i respect his choice and in no way am i entitled to judge him i just would like to know his take on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)