[Africa] 2010 World Cup qualifying thread (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
its 45 mins to go before the kick off!! its going to be crazy at there stadium i bet!!! not to mention they want revenge for last time :)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
last night they were showing how the fans welcomed the national team. its always hot headed between these two teams which makes it even better!! i just hope there are no fights during the game

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
what time is the game??
It's 19:30 GMT actually. 22:30 Mecca time.

Yep, and I really think we have a good chance to win this one.

Edit: I know that it will start at 3h30 where I live.
You do have a good chance. Algeria is very strong at home and you guys have some really good players like Ziani, Ghezzal, Belhadj, Bougerra and Antar Yahia. I believe this team is your best in a long time. You guys have a good chance of reaching the WC too if Saadane uses your players well enough.

btw what do you think of Lazhar El-Hadj Eissa's exclusion from the team for the umpteenth time? The guy is a talented player, and he has always been really good for ES Setif, i've never understood why he hasn't been given the chance in the NT. I mean surely he is better than Ghilas or Matmour, while both players have been given more chances that Lazhar, i believe the latter is a better player.

Oh and Welcome aboard mate, i believe your the first Algerian over here :)

Elgerino

Feb 2, 2009
Thank you :)

About Hadj aissa... The guy have talent, it's obvious, but he doesn't have a good fitness. By the way, I can't deny I would have prefered seeing him involved in this game over Ghilas.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
why Egypt does'nt preform in qualifiers will always be beyond me. a deserved win for algeria, they played really well.

ReMad

Feb 25, 2007

Algeria Vs Egypt

World Cup Qualifying - 7 Jan 2009

Arabic Comm.-- ART Sports-- FLV-1150Kbps--320*240

Pre Match Video

Match Preview
Click Here for Video

Goals

First Goal for Algeria by Karim Matmour 61
Click Here for Video

Second Goal for Algeria by Abdel Kader Ghezzal 63
Click Here for Video

Third Goal for Algeria by Rafik Zoheir Djebbourour 77
Click Here for Video

First Goal for Egypt by Abu Traikah 84
Click Here for Video

Extras

Nice Skill by Abu Traikah 28
Click Here for Video

Nice Shot by Abu Traikah left to Goal 35
Click Here for Video

A Shot by Zidan Right to Goal 37
Click Here for Video

Danger Header for Algeria off the Defender 49
Click Here for Video

Elgerino

Feb 2, 2009
FORZAAAAAAAAAAAA ALGERIAAA :spliff: That was one hell of a game, especially the second half display ! It's simply historic. I hope this match will boost us for the up coming matches.

Btw, I'm sure Egypt will bounce back :)

Elgerino

Feb 2, 2009
Didn't Ibrahim Hassan go all bananaz in Algeria a few months ago?
Yes. It was in the Bejaia - Portsaid encounter, when his club was losing on aggregate. If the people in the stands would have made their way to the pitch, they would have beaten the shit out of him.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Egypt sucked like always... hopeless team!!!
well i kind of agree and disagree with u on this one. we suck elephant d*** when it comes to qualifiers not soo much when its a knock out phase tourne ( like the nations cup). first half was alright the second half was a disaster. i have to admit though this national side is getting really old!! the stadium was hostile too, all in all the next time we meet them its going to be different bec its HERE!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: credit where credit is due i quite enjoyed this algerian team they r much more competitive and bec they are young they are hungry to win. so well deserved win for them.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
another thing i hate about this national side is the over hyping, yes they r a great team they won two caf's back to back but we need to be realistic they cant do this all the time they need new blood. i dont know but as much as i hate mido i think he would've added sth up front instead of zaki who obviously was'nt in the mood to play.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
After watching Algeria's game yesterday. I am now convinced that they will be the ones to qualify for the WC. They've already played their away games against Zambia and Rwanda and have won and drew them respectively. All they have to do to qualify to the WC now is beat those two teams at home. Which is very very do-able.

Also the Algerians have a nice generation of players. Bougherra(Rangers), Antar Yahia (Bochum), Belhadj (Portsmouth), Karim Ziani (Marseille) and Abdel Kader Ghezzal(Siena). I believe they are one of the strongest Arab teams now. Not to mention that Mourad Meghni(Lazio) and Hassan Yebda (Benfica) have both been given clearance to represent Algeria.

Morocco meanwhile have lost all hope to qualify for the WC. They played a decent game yesterday against Togo. But just like the Cameroon game, they weren't able to finish off their chances. I just don't understand how Hamdoui is doing so well in the Eredivise. He's such a shit finisher whenever i watch him play for Morocco. They definitely missed Chamakh yesterday.

Tunisia looked void of ideas against a very organized Nigeria team yesterday. I don't know whether it's Tunisia's lack of creativity or Nigeria's defensive solidity that was the reason for yesterday's 0-0 stalemate. Either way it was an extremely boring game.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Group A Still a wide open matter. Morocco are out and only a miracle can save them, but the key matches take place in September back to back. If Cameroon pulls off 6 points with Gabon, then all damage will be undone.

Group B The draw in Tunisia was beneficial for Nigeria. It means that Nigeria have the slight advantage, but they need to improve and win at home in order to get back in control.

Group C A wide open group. Much will depend on Egypt and whether they can win away in Rwanda (which has proven time and time again a tough ordeal). Zambia is still not out of it, but they need to win in Algieria. They were the more interesting side and have more talent, but also are very inconsistent. Algieria actually really has a great squad with players like Bougherra, Yahia and Belhadj in defence, Ziani, Massouri and Bezzaz in midfield and Saifi in attack.

Group D and Group E are done, as far as I'm concerned. Ghana and Cote d'Ivoire are almost 100% guaranteed the World Cup unless they suddenly mess things up. Both team have won their key matches (Ghana away to Sudan and to Mali, while IC away to Burkina Faso). It should be easy runnings from here on in.

At this point in time: Ghana, IC, Algieria, Nigeria and Cameroon (I think they will beat Gabon back to back).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)