Adrien Rabiot (12 Viewers)

renew?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
In the first half in particular he hung on to the ball a couple of times in dangerous areas and ended up losing it, think he was trying to be a bit clever tbh as he knows he is physically stronger than most players.
Fair point. In a strange way, I kind of enjoyed him doing that even though once he stupidly lost it.

None of our current crop have that alpha confidence of yesteryear of demanding the ball under pressure and being composed on it, even under pressure. All we see these days is players treating it like a hot potato and losing it instantly whilst rushing a pass or playing a quick backwards pass and hiding again.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
we went from "simply not true" to "i felt he wasn't the weakest link", i'm fine with that. as for the rest, we have a different assessment of a match by a certain player, i'm fine with that too
He wasn’t the weakest link yesterday in an average team performance against a poor opposition, choose whichever terminology you please.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Well said.

I am not a fan of him.. i wonder if he has admirers anyway.
But we are not solid without him and it says much on the state of our midfield that a "Rabiot" is making a big difference.
It reminds me of how Khedira used to make us play better. He was slow as shit but somehow we always played better with him on the pitch.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
It reminds me of how Khedira used to make us play better. He was slow as shit but somehow we always played better with him on the pitch.
ewww at putting Rabiot in the same sentence as Khedira. Khedira was a beast in his prime, even at Juve you could see what he brought with his runs that opened space for others. Rabiot doesn’t do anything in the offensive phase and was our worst mid vs Bologna imo. But he gets praised because they won, like he had something to do with it. Literally no tackles, interceptions, key passes, nothing. The guy that should be getting the praise for that game is Locatelli. He was great. Even McKennie was more useful.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
ewww at putting Rabiot in the same sentence as Khedira. Khedira was a beast in his prime, even at Juve you could see what he brought with his runs that opened space for others. Rabiot doesn’t do anything in the offensive phase and was our worst mid vs Bologna imo. But he gets praised because they won, like he had something to do with it. Literally no tackles, interceptions, key passes, nothing. The guy that should be getting the praise for that game is Locatelli. He was great. Even McKennie was more useful.
Someone has to do nothing. Rabiot freed up the others to do something and not worry about doing nothing, because they knew they had Rabiot for that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)