Adrien Rabiot (65 Viewers)

renew?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 16, 2020
True. But Locatelli and McKennie ain't nothing to brag about either.
Please adjust your standards for this specific case. We’re talking about a player with 5/6 years at PSG, 3 at Juventus and many national team performances. Yet he fails to get decent shots on goal on a consistent base. There’s no end pass in his legs, no cross or the ability to dribble past his opponent. He ain’t a true DM either. He’s good at marking but as we all know he ain’t the guy who you’d like in front of your defense. Add the 7m net to that and it becomes very obvious why people want him to leave.

We can compare him to Loca, but he came of his fist year here and already became a more important player than Rabiot was. Rabiot with his experience should’ve been the guy who carried our midfield. And honestly he had al the chances to become that key player.

It’s no coincidence that we had our worst points on average with him on the pitch. You’ll see that as time progresses, that Loca will become (already is tbh) a way better player for this club. Don’t see any reason to bash him.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
1f4cc.png
Expected tomorrow a new talks between Adrien #Rabiot’s agent (his mother Veronique) and #ManchesterUnited to try to close the agreement about salary and commissions. #Juve have already given the green light to the sale of the midfielder for €17,5M + bonuses. #transfers #MUFC
Schira

Jun 27, 2011
Thinking Rabiot is anywhere near Locatelli’s level :lol:
Very narrow minded. Two very different players with very different pros and cons.

- - - Updated - - -

Please adjust your standards for this specific case. We’re talking about a player with 5/6 years at PSG, 3 at Juventus and many national team performances. Yet he fails to get decent shots on goal on a consistent base. There’s no end pass in his legs, no cross or the ability to dribble past his opponent. He ain’t a true DM either. He’s good at marking but as we all know he ain’t the guy who you’d like in front of your defense. Add the 7m net to that and it becomes very obvious why people want him to leave.

We can compare him to Loca, but he came of his fist year here and already became a more important player than Rabiot was. Rabiot with his experience should’ve been the guy who carried our midfield. And honestly he had al the chances to become that key player.

It’s no coincidence that we had our worst points on average with him on the pitch. You’ll see that as time progresses, that Loca will become (already is tbh) a way better player for this club. Don’t see any reason to bash him.
I wasn't bashing Locatelli. I like what Locatelli has to offer. I won't throw anyone under the bus after the disaster we had last season. I've said it before, i'll reserve judgement untiil after this season. Having said that, considering our options in our midfield, i'd much prefer to have Rabiot there than nobody. Especially during Champions League fixtures against strong opponents where we need to defend. There's nobody better in our team better equipped to man-mark for example De Bruyne, or Thiago, when we play CL in February. We can get away with using McKennie, or Fagioli for a large part of the season. But be honest, they will become dinner against those sides.

Fine, Rabiot hasn't been brilliant. But he did have a brilliant game against Inter where he showed that he can be exceptional. That performance was maybe the best overall performance i saw, from anybody, the whole season. Unless we're thinking of bringing someone in for Rabiot, i don't see how getting rid of him makes us stronger. I just don't.

I'm fine with him being gone. If we can bring in someone better.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Very narrow minded. Two very different players with very different pros and cons.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't bashing Locatelli. I like what Locatelli has to offer. I won't throw anyone under the bus after the disaster we had last season. I've said it before, i'll reserve judgement untiil after this season. Having said that, considering our options in our midfield, i'd much prefer to have Rabiot there than nobody. Especially during Champions League fixtures against strong opponents where we need to defend. There's nobody better in our team better equipped to man-mark for example De Bruyne, or Thiago, when we play CL in February. We can get away with using McKennie, or Fagioli for a large part of the season. But be honest, they will become dinner against those sides.

Fine, Rabiot hasn't been brilliant. But he did have a brilliant game against Inter where he showed that he can be exceptional. That performance was maybe the best overall performance i saw, from anybody, the whole season. Unless we're thinking of bringing someone in for Rabiot, i don't see how getting rid of him makes us stronger. I just don't.

We brought Pogba for Rabiot. Even though he’s injured now it’s a big upgrade, very plain and simple to see tbh. I don’t think that it’s in our interests to spent 17m net (Pogba and Rabiot combined) on wages for the LCM position.

The problem like the game against Inter is that he isn’t able to perform like that on a consistent base. It’s a handful of games on a good level, and a huge portion at a incredible low level.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

Disco Stu had an exceptional game against Madrid in CL semifinals in 2015. Should we have kept him as a starter because of that? :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)