Adrien Rabiot (15 Viewers)

renew?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Okay you're right. I hope we win Champions League this year :woj: Let's go.

You guys are in for one hell of a season.
Id say there are 4-5 teams with a decent shot to win CL. Then there're around 20 more who are decent teams, belong at that level and will put up a good fight for CL knockouts and possibly in CL knockouts, but dont have a lot of hope to win it all. Then theres the rest of CL teams in qualifiers and some even automatically in the group stage who just suck ass and everyone would be better off if they fucked off. Those are not CL material. Juventus definitely is. Still cant believe a Juve fan would claim otherwise.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2011
Id say there are 4-5 teams with a decent shot to win CL. Then there're around 20 more who are decent teams, belong at that level and will put up a good fight for CL knockouts and possibly in CL knockouts, but dont have a lot of hope to win it all. Then theres the rest of CL teams in qualifiers and some even automatically in the group stage who just suck ass and everyone would be better off if they fucked off. Those are not CL material. Juventus definitely is.
I don't disagree with that. What I meant with barely being CL material (barely being a key word that DanielZzz intentionally left out), is that we'll be fighting for 4th place with tooth and nails this season like the last two. I really didn't think I would have to explain that. But apparently I do.

Finishing 4th place in Serie A two seasons in a row absolutely means barely being CL material. Like, LITERALLY

There are players in our squad that aren't even Conference League material.

Last edited:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I don't disagree with that. What I meant with barely being CL material (barely being a key word that DanielZzz intentionally left out), is that we'll be fighting for 4th place with tooth and nails this season like the last two. I really didn't think I would have to explain that. But apparently I do.

Finishing 4th place in Serie A two seasons in a row absolutely means barely being CL material.

Didn’t Chelsea win CL after finishing 4th in EPL the season before? Not saying that we will. Just questioning your logic.

Strickland

May 17, 2019

Finishing 4th place in Serie A two seasons in a row absolutely means barely being CL material.

I think there are 6-8 teams in each of the big leagues that could come in the CL group stage and do well, imo all of Juventus, Napoli, Lazio etc are comfortably CL material, even if Napoli or Lazio dont qualify every season. Teams from Belgium, Turkey, Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden etc are often not CL material.

I also dont think we'll fight tooth and nail for 4th next season, I hope we'll ship off Rabiot, balance the squad and mount a Scudetto challenge.

Jun 27, 2011
Didn’t Chelsea win CL after finishing 4th in EPL the season before? Not saying that we will. Just questioning your logic.
My logic of us being barely CL material lies in the fact that we've barely achieved participation in the competition. That's all. We're hardly a CL material if we finish 5th, hence, barely.

Jun 27, 2011
So the fact that they ended up winning it wouldn’t still change that classification.
perfect logic bro.
Them winning the Champions League the year after doesn't change the fact that they barely made it into the Champions League, no. Pretty simple

Would you call Italy a World Cup material coming this December? Or is this logic too difficult for you?

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Them winning the Champions League the year after doesn't change the fact that they barely made it into the Champions League, no. Pretty simple

Would you call Italy a World Cup material coming this December? Or is this logic too difficult for you?
So barely CL material=barely making it into competition. It should not be interpreted as a factor in chances of winning it all. I don’t think most members here have the same definition as yours, especially since the conversation was about Rabiot being CL material. Unless that definition extends to players as well. Quite frankly I doubt most English speakers interpret that phrase the way you do, but thanks for explaining me your glossary. :tup:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Both here and elsewhere Id expect Juventus fans to support the team, not try to convince everyone we're not CL material, which is hardly true, thatd be a pretty silly argument even from a Juve hater, let alone a fan. But you do you.
A person doing this is also highly likely to root against the team to try proving their point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)