Adrien Rabiot (28 Viewers)

renew?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
When joined here he clearly stated that he wants to play that LCM positiin in three man mid, of course added bullshit that he is available every where else, but he said it for a reason - he wants to play there.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
I watched a lot of games and saw him in front of the defense and he looked better in that role than he ever has here with us.
He played there occasionally for PSG and looked good.

The problem with Rabiot now is the guy refuses to pass more than 5m. And if he sees a player all alone on the wing , he'll put his head down and run 35m with the ball to give a 5m pass instead of what should be an easy long ball at this level. By then the opponent have already covered the space.

I don't know if it's a mental thing or something but at this point it's become ridiculous. .

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Casemiro probably felt like a nobody at Real and had the urge to prove and continues to do so.
Rabiot thinks he's already somebody at Juve and feels others need to prove why they should start alongside him.
I talking about the moment he decide to become a defensive midfielder back in his Brazil days
He have a tryout for club selection, he is actually a striker. But because most of the trialist want to be a striker, he instead choose to be a defensive midfielder where not much trialist interested in that position. So he have a better chance to be selected. And now he is one of the best defensive midfielder in the world just because that simple choice

source

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Rabiot has come from a solid PSG team, is currently surrounded by world-class players with France yet there has never been any improvement. He should be a standout player in our mediocre midfield but he isn't. Nobody can even give an area he excels in: doesn't help close out games, doesn't assist, doesn't score, doesn't get in the box, doesn't cover the defence so I'm struggling to find a use for the guy.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Rabiot has come from a solid PSG team, is currently surrounded by world-class players with France yet there has never been any improvement. He should be a standout player in our mediocre midfield but he isn't. Nobody can even give an area he excels in: doesn't help close out games, doesn't assist, doesn't score, doesn't get in the box, doesn't cover the defence so I'm struggling to find a use for the guy.
He has great hair

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Rabiot did well March onwards last season, gets called up for France, far from il top player starter level for ideal top midfield but showed he might be useful. But was never gonna play well in this game.

Had just returned from injury, not 100% match fit, and it takes bigger players even longer to get back to 100%.

I can buy Locatelli being benched after just arriving and not being fully match fit himself, but this decision was as terribad as certain interwebs fan faction's Rabiot and general every player is now worth 0m kneejerking based on last game. The latter was just more predictable.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
He played regista at PSG?

Found this
2A960C1D-6E94-4113-AF98-704FB72E2664.jpeg
He played as no. 6 for Emery
But after with Tuchel, Tuchel prefer Marquinhos or even Veratti as CDM. Or Rabiot and Veratti as double pivot.

Talking about Regista, what Locatelli's role in Sassuolo before. Was it not as no. 6 (regista)? He mostly played as double pivot with Maxime Lopez, right? So Maxime Lopez is the number 6 - regista (Veratti's role)?

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
He played as no. 6 for Emery
But after with Tuchel, Tuchel prefer Marquinhos or even Veratti as CDM. Or Rabiot and Veratti as double pivot.

Talking about Regista, what Locatelli's role in Sassuolo before. Was it not as no. 6 (regista)? He mostly played as double pivot with Maxime Lopez, right? So Maxime Lopez is the number 6 - regista (Veratti's role)?
Yeah he was mainly a deep lying playmaker at Sassuolo. Seems like Allegri wants him in the Pogba role though. Makes me wonder why they didn’t get another DM if so. Maybe Arthur can do it. Danilo hasn’t been that bad relatively speaking. He could probably grow into it. Still, underwhelming options.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He played regista at PSG?

Found this
2A960C1D-6E94-4113-AF98-704FB72E2664.jpeg
Yes, he played a lot for PSG as the holding DM in a midfield three and did fine. When I was watching him in the stadium twice he did very well. I don’t know how many times we can beat a dead horse here. If this guy thinks he’s Hagi or something he just needs to be sold.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Yeah he was mainly a deep lying playmaker at Sassuolo. Seems like Allegri wants him in the Pogba role though. Makes me wonder why they didn’t get another DM if so. Maybe Arthur can do it. Danilo hasn’t been that bad relatively speaking. He could probably grow into it. Still, underwhelming options.
It think it could be work with Arthur.
Arthur in Veratti's role so Locatelli and Rabiot/McKennie can help both ways defends and attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 18)