renew?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
He milked Barca for sure :fab3:
This is an example of where the imbalance lies

You believe he "milked" barça. While on paper it appears that we moved Pjanic's contract off of our books only for 10m and got a younger player in Arthur it doesn't solve the recurring issue of retooling the midfield.

He's just playing balance sheet football (quite poorly from the reports of our financial situation) which leaves us with overpaying Rabiots Ramseys and paying for Matuidis/Higuaíns to leave.

Jun 16, 2020

You believe he "milked" barça. While on paper it appears that we moved Pjanic's contract off of our books only for 10m and got a younger player in Arthur it doesn't solve the recurring issue of retooling the midfield.

He's just playing balance sheet football (quite poorly from the reports of our financial situation) which leaves us with overpaying Rabiots Ramseys and paying for Matuidis/Higuaíns to leave.
He’s dealing with incredible high wages, a aging squad, and some poor quality players or chronically injured players who we’re trying to offload. It’s not a easy job while dealing with the crisis.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
He’s dealing with incredible high wages, a aging squad, and some poor quality players or chronically injured players who we’re trying to offload. It’s not a easy job while dealing with the crisis.
Poor fellow

It must be difficult being the only person in his role having to face these issues. I mean it's not like other clubs face any of these issues. amirite?

Jun 16, 2020
Poor fellow

It must be difficult being the only person in his role having to face these issues. I mean it's not like other clubs face any of these issues. amirite?
What’s your point

We’re discussing Juventus, not other clubs

- - - Updated - - -

We now have a much younger squad and will be able to invest more heavily in the future in long term needs and not short term fixes.
Yea due to Tici

Jan 22, 2016

You are only seeing the half empty glass that I'm afraid.Artur has been our best mid this season by far and his absence has shown us how crucial he has been to get out of the pressure from back.

Worst case scenario. If we wouldn't be satisfied with his performances in the future we can still sell him and buy another player. While in Pjanic situation, Barca is stuck with him forever until his contract runs out and would lose tons of money because can't find any club to take him from their hands.

Let's give credit to the guy when it's due. The deal was a total rip off.

Jun 16, 2020
A problem which he has contributed to as well. Ramsey alone fits all categories for example.
Yeah and I don’t like Ramsey. He’s on top of my list of players who I want us to sell, together with Berna. I voted for those 2 in the thread with the poll.

I want to underline tho that you can’t say one thing and ignore the other. If we invested that specific mercato in a decent midfielder, it would directly mean that we didn’t had the money to sign De Ligt.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Yeah and I don’t like Ramsey. He’s on top of my list of players who I want us to sell, together with Berna. I voted for those 2 in the thread with the poll.

I want to underline tho that you can’t say one thing and ignore the other. If we invested that specific mercato in a decent midfielder, it would directly mean that we didn’t had the money to sign De Ligt.
True, but now with him and Rabiot on what, €7M a season it will be impossible to get rid of them. This is also the summer that we got rid of Spinazzola and got Pellegrini, who we will probably unfortunately never see play despite the fact that we've only had one leftback for a while now. If going for his big money signings absolutely cripples the rest of the squad, then he isn't very effective in his role.

Jun 16, 2020
True, but now with him and Rabiot on what, €7M a season it will be impossible to get rid of them. This is also the summer that we got rid of Spinazzola and got Pellegrini, who we will probably unfortunately never see play despite the fact that we've only had one leftback for a while now. If going for his big money signings absolutely cripples the rest of the squad, then he isn't very effective in his role.
I think that signing De Ligt was a opportunity we couldn’t ignore. And rightfully so.

The sad truth about the Pellegrini/Spina transfers is that we need those plusvalenza deals in order to not get into problems with the FFP, especially after signing Ronaldo and not reaching good results in CL. It just changed financial situation drastically while already having a expensive squad

I never understood the decision of loaning Pellegrini out to Cagliari when we only had Sandro, that was a mistake indeed.

My point remains the same; people tent to complain to much about the bad things, while ignoring the bigger picture or good parts.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I think that signing De Ligt was a opportunity we couldn’t ignore. And rightfully so.

The sad truth about the Pellegrini/Spina transfers is that we need those plusvalenza deals in order to not get into problems with the FFP, especially after signing Ronaldo and not reaching good results in CL. It just changed financial situation drastically while already having a expensive squad

I never understood the decision of loaning Pellegrini out to Cagliari when we only had Sandro, that was a mistake indeed.

My point remains the same; people tent to complain to much about the bad things, while ignoring the bigger picture or good parts.
I can't speak for everyone else, but for myself I'm not ignoring the good. I just believe that overall the negative far outweighs the positive. The bold part is huge. We've been put into a position where we now need to make strange and harmful deals in order to balance the books, that's no way for a successful club to be run, and it's extremely worrying for our future at a critical time when the squad needs to be revamped.

At this point, the results we've been seeing on the pitch speak for themselves.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

The current state of the squad composition leaves very little to shine light on any of the few good parts. His role in firing Max, pushing for Sarri, wasting precious years of CR7, inability to sell off dead weight, lack of vision to address midfield, self sabotage full back depth, now striker

All of these instances warrant the level of criticism he is receiving. He has proven that he is a good scout but clearly not qualified for this role at this club. The stakes are far too high here.

If you want to continue celebrating acquisition of MDL and squad age then i won't stop you. But you cannot expect others to ignore his shortcomings in the role.

Jan 22, 2016
He has been doing much better than what Marotta did in his last 4 years here. Marotta sold our best players left and right and didn't buy sutible substitutes.

The mess he left behind was too much to fix in just 2 seasons.

Paratic has made some mistakes, but overall quality of squad is much higher than the day Marotta was fired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)