Adrien Rabiot (25 Viewers)

renew?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Yeah, Rabiot switches off way too often but that also happens to Bentancur more than ever before. Last season Bentancur had shown he can read the game and anticipate things pretty well. That's one of the reasons why he got to play as a DM - he'd give extra cover for the defense and he'd release the ball quicker than Pjanic. Otherwise the latter is always a superior player.

My guess here is: the players don't really understand what they are supposed to do and when. When to run, how to position yourself and which patches of the pitch to cover - that's on coach, that's called organization. You learn the system by learning the patterns.

This problem in general shows very well with the rest of the squad as the team quite often tries high pressing but they're applying it very badly. That shit is on Pirlo too.

But yeah, the players aren't helping Pirlo too much at times. Then again, some coaches improve players, pay attention to every single one of them and work on these things. Pirlo is still learning the craft so we have to be ready for any shit coming our way this season. I really wish he started his career somewhere else first.

As for Rabiot - he never really was worth those 7m net he takes home. I'd happily take Locatelli instead of him, that guy would love to play Rabiot's position for 2m net and most probably he would guarantee no drop in quality. Perhaps even an increase.
Exactly, this is another big disadvantage ...of hiring Pirlo

Rabiot has a talent, but not polished enough

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
he sure likes scoring nice goals

- - - Updated - - -

Can't contribute anything in attack, which puts a lot of reliance on Bentancur who is not particularly creative either.

None of our CMs seem to have the ability to create so maybe we should play to their strengths. The team looks more pretty suited to a 4-2-3-1 than our current formation.
this aged well

Boksic

May 11, 2005
he sure likes scoring nice goals

- - - Updated - - -

this aged well
:lol:

True, to be fair he made very hard work of that chance and doesn't look natural when he gets chances. The simple pass to Morata was probably the safer option.

Did really well when he came on though, he carried the ball well, defended and got himself forward. Looks our best midfielder at the moment.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
:lol:

True, to be fair he made very hard work of that chance and doesn't look natural when he gets chances. The simple pass to Morata was probably the safer option.

Did really well when he came on though, he carried the ball well, defended and got himself forward. Looks our best midfielder at the moment.
nah jokes aside i agree. the CMs need to do more.

Rabiot in particular has shown he has lots more he can offer in attack but he is such a moody player.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Can't contribute anything in attack, which puts a lot of reliance on Bentancur who is not particularly creative either.

None of our CMs seem to have the ability to create so maybe we should play to their strengths. The team looks more pretty suited to a 4-2-3-1 than our current formation.
We are basically playing 4231. The main difference is that instead of a overlapping LB, Danilo steps up as CDM and one of the CMs underlaps and roams. Otherwise Morata is up top, Dybala drops down similar to an AMC, Chiesa sticks wide to the left and Kulu plays more like a modern RW and steps into the mezzela zone. We're not really playing any particular formation except for a flat 442 in defense. But we're not really owning the zones we're trying to operate in. Understandable given we've never played anything similar. If you want a comparison I would look at Leipzig to get a sense of what Pirlo is trying to accomplish (at least in my interpretation).

To get back to the topic. Rabiot as everyone else is running headless and without confidence, which is coming from the confusion from running headless - stemming from all the above said. That's pretty much the only reasoning I can come up with for why Rabiot, like everyone else, makes so many poor decisions and passes. Simple decisions and passes that go wrong. It is alarming so I hope Pirlo can get his ideas come across and make them gel very soon. So far, despite everything looking abysmal, I am impressed by Pirlo. I am learning a lot of new stuff from him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)