Adrien Rabiot (19 Viewers)

renew?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 23, 2011
Overall this season, Rabiot has disappointed but his last game wasn't bad at all and i think we should give him more opportunities there. It's refreshing to see someone capable of controlling a ball on that side and can somewhat link-up with Ronaldo. You often see that when Matuidi plays Ronaldo is forced to drop deeper around the halfway line to get the ball because Matuidi is incapable of distributing it, which wasn't the case last game. Now just imagine we had Pogba there..

Buy on AliExpress.com
Oct 23, 2011
I don't really pay much attention to stats like these because they don't depict the full picture. Preferably you don't want to be in the bottom left quadrant, but how much does that even say if arguably the best midfielder (KdB) is in that quadrant? Looking at Pjanic, what counts as a "forward pass"? By watching Juventus games, we know he often drops deep, almost between the CBs, and then plays a very straightforward pass wide to the fullbacks, which he should get right 10/10. If that counts as a forward pass we know his stats will be inflated.

Apr 17, 2013
I don't really pay much attention to stats like these because they don't depict the full picture. Preferably you don't want to be in the bottom left quadrant, but how much does that even say if arguably the best midfielder (KdB) is in that quadrant? Looking at Pjanic, what counts as a "forward pass"? By watching Juventus games, we know he often drops deep, almost between the CBs, and then plays a very straightforward pass wide to the fullbacks, which he should get right 10/10. If that counts as a forward pass we know his stats will be inflated.
You're right. It's unfair to compare a Regista and a Mezzala, for the 1st it's easier to make a forward pass than the second.
However when we see Rabiot, it's striking, he spends his time making passes to Sandro and Pjanic, useless and taking no initiative. This stat only confirms what we see on the pitch, it's even worse than we thought

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Paratici: 'Rabiot, Berna, Pjanic...'
By Football Italia staff

Fabio Paratici calls Adrien Rabiot the ‘future’ of Juventus, tips Federico Bernardeschi for greatness and ‘will see what happens’ with Miralem Pjanic.
Rabiot has been heavily linked with a swift exit from Juve after an indifferent first season since his free transfer from Paris Saint-Germain.
However, Paratici told Sky Sport Italia: “Let’s not forget it is his first year in Italy, which is always tricky.
“I never heard many rumours on De Ligt at the start, who was the best Champions League defender at the age of 19, so that tells you everything.
“Rabiot was inactive for six months at PSG, so he had that lack of fitness as well as it being his first season in Serie A.
“Having said all that, he’s a great player and has proved that in part in a few different games.
“He’s an important player for us, both for the present and the future of Juve.”

The sporting director also spoke highly of Bernardeschi, who starts again for the Bianconeri tonight against Lecce.
“We live in a very fast-moving world and football even more so. We play on Sunday, a player scores a brace and is called a phenomenon.
“On Wednesday his performance isn’t quite as sharp and he’s already on the chopping block.
“Bernardeschi works very hard, has great technique and physicality, I think he’ll be important for the future not just of Juventus, but also of the Italy squad.
“Opinions change very quickly in football, from one day to the next, whereas we try to keep our feet on the ground.”
Pjanic also plays, despite an imminent swap move to Barcelona with Arthur Melo...
“What I can say is that we’ll see what happens and, if needs be, we’ll explain everything.
“There’s an important game in a few minutes, so this is not the place to discuss transfers.”

@Raphaël @DAiDEViL :yuck: :inter: :sad:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I thought he was OK tonight, but then again, 10 man Lecce.

The games against Atalanta, Lazio and Roma will give us a better indication of what midfield we should play in the UCL

james95

Sep 2, 2018
I thought he was OK tonight, but then again, 10 man Lecce.

The games against Atalanta, Lazio and Roma will give us a better indication of what midfield we should play in the UCL
Okay? Apart from that long range effort in the 1st half, he looked pretty poor and was understandably hooked off just 4 minutes into the second half.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
This kid was supposed to be at least talented right? But at what though? What is it he's supposed to be good at because I honestly can't tell. If you put him on the Lecce team instead I'd look at him and think to myself "no wonder they're struggling to stay up with that level of player"

His mum might be a GOAT agent after all

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Hopefully Everton 'rescues' him from here.

He's neither bad nor good. He's neither a squad player nor a certified starter. He's basically not convincing enough. And his wages mean that we dont have the room to accommodate a starting eleven quality midfielder without getting rid of him.

I don't want to see another Khedira-esque situation where we are just 'content' seeing mediocre performances and do not bother to upgrade because they are so difficult to get rid of in the first place.

This is one big downside to signing semi-established/injury prone bosmans.

It would have been a different thing if we are signing a free player who's coming off a fantastic season which wasnt the case with Rabiot.

- - - Updated - - -

And we are continuing to plug the holes in midfield with more 'uncertainties'. Arthur could be another hit or miss.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Rabiot, with his attitude, would be a travesty in EPL, no matter what club he might join. He shouldn't have left PSG in the first place, it was a perfect fit for him from all possible perspectives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)