Adrien Rabiot (45 Viewers)

renew?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
It is normal that new signings start from the bench. Rabiot didn't play competitively for a long time. De Ligt is inexperienced in a top league and 19 (or 20?) years old with a top CB pairing in front of him. There will come the time for him. Rabiot should be a starter very soon, De Ligt will rotate Bonucci and Chiellini through the season.

If the club were in dire need, or if they were fit and experienced, then they would start right away, but that's not the case. Martusciello said that they thought it best to not take unnecessary gambles in the opening match so better to use they old guard.

You see it this summer with Kean at Everton. Jovic, Militao, Mendy, Rodrygo, at Madrid. Cancelo at City. Pepe at Arsenal. Pulisic at Chelsea. Lozano at Napoli. Bennacer at Milan. Most new young-ish signings start the first match(es) from the bench.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Interesting, I'm used to hockey where guys get tossed in last minute after a trade or recall from the minor league team. Generally speaking how long does it take before guys like Rabiot and De Ligt get familiar with te club and system and into the lineup as starters? Naturally every player is different and would vary but I find it interesting that these 2 are starting on the bench early on.
It's not exact science. It depends on the player/manager/team. It took a long time for Allegri to do this when he was the coach unless he didn't have anybody else. Since Sarri is sick I expect this to go on for a while.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I could, but then I wouldnt have had a dickish response to my post from you so that would've been a real loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting, I'm used to hockey where guys get tossed in last minute after a trade or recall from the minor league team. Generally speaking how long does it take before guys like Rabiot and De Ligt get familiar with te club and system and into the lineup as starters? Naturally every player is different and would vary but I find it interesting that these 2 are starting on the bench early on.
i have no idea. De Ligt will have to get minutes considering the pull he has. big name, giant fee and wage etc but disrupting an estabilished CB pairing is not easy despite all the shit people here will talk about Bonucci.

Rabiot should be in soon too considering how out of place matuidi is in sarriball

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Came on as a sub and was very poor. My guess is he didn't start because he is new and none of the new players started.

Serie A is highly focused on a tactical approach and that requires players who are familiar so this club take time to phase new players in. Especially ones from a foreign club.

It was often the same policy under Allegri.

Ronaldo walked straight into the team but that's Ronaldo. The rules don't apply to him.
Even Higuain, who was our record signing at the time and had broken the all time Serie A record the season before started his first game from the bench.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If we signed Neymar late in the window I'd expect him to be on the bench as well first game. I think Messi is the only other player we couldn't find justification to ease in, after Ronaldo.

Oct 23, 2011
Honestly, what's the point of making this guy one of the top-earners and having him on the bench as our 5th? option CM. I know we are slow integrators when it comes to new players but there is no way he is worse than the bunch that we saw today.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Pretty clear Bentancur is Pjanic's sub in the system.

Had Matuidi or Khedira been injured or if Pjanic hadn't been injured, I'm confident Rabiot would have come in.
I've seen Rabiot play in that position for PSG, he cant be worse than Bentancur.

If Matuidi or Sami got injured then Rabiot could've replaced them then Bentancur come in as CDM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)