Adrien Rabiot - CM - PSG (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Don't you think Roma can outbid us? (that hurt to say)
i doubt they would outbid us by much, i think the will of the player is more important here, and i believe we are by far teh better environment, better mids to learn from, less pressure, more disciplined corps, and a couple of frenchies, one of which could serve as his model/mentor

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Rabiot is a necessary as he is an opportunity to get someone able to cover Pirlo and take over him for relatively low price. He is a bargain that can't be missed. I think a deal at 5/6 million for this kid will be just right considering we have a host of clubs challenging us.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
another mini-meltdown? ^^
"JUST pay 7mio for a 19y old i´ve never seen play and who has only 1y left on his contract... can´t get outbid by roma who are about to lose their best player to a sheik club"
don´t get me wrong, i´ve heard only good things about him and he would probably be a nice addition but some statements in this thread/forum are downright ridiculous.

and tbh: if i was him i wouldn´t go to juve. right now it looks like we are going to change to a back 4 and buy evra so that means pirlo, vidal, pogba, marchisio and asamoah (+rabiot) for 3 midfield spots... good luck.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
another mini-meltdown? ^^
"JUST pay 7mio for a 19y old i´ve never seen play and who has only 1y left on his contract... can´t get outbid by roma who are about to lose their best player to a sheik club"
don´t get me wrong, i´ve heard only good things about him and he would probably be a nice addition but some statements in this thread/forum are downright ridiculous.

and tbh: if i was him i wouldn´t go to juve. right now it looks like we are going to change to a back 4 and buy evra so that means pirlo, vidal, pogba, marchisio and asamoah (+rabiot) for 3 midfield spots... good luck.
It's still much better than paying what we are paying for Iturbe.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
We should get him and sell Marrone tbh. Even if we lose out on that swap a couple of millions it seems to be worth it. I like Marrone but if that kid is as good as they make him out to be we should think about it.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
People thought it was madness to pay 13 million for Verratti. Buy him now, if you can.
obviously there are transfers that worked out very well but for every "highly rated talent" that made it there are 10 who didn´t.
it´s always about the risk/reward-ratio and i bet that most of the users complaining here haven´t seen him enough to judge what his true value is.
yet some are already replacing pirlo with him...

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It was not madness to offer 6m to co-own the best Italian talent.We fucked up that deal badly.
That was still alot, and pescara were dragging out that deal, cause Napoli was there aswel, and pressed harder then us. The media wont say that, but his manager reminds everytime that Napoli had a better offer then we had.

Then comes PSG and money is irrelevant. If we or Napoli had offered 50mil for Verratti, they'd offer 55mil

Jul 2, 2006
obviously there are transfers that worked out very well but for every "highly rated talent" that made it there are 10 who didn´t.
it´s always about the risk/reward-ratio and i bet that most of the users complaining here haven´t seen him enough to judge what his true value is.
There is always risk. It's director's call to take that risk or not. We passed up on biggest Italian talent and it turned out to be a fucked up decision. We also passed up on Kondogbia and James Rodriguez. I don't want another of these cases to happen.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
He is much more better than Marrone who is touted to replace Pirlo. And for 5 million , why not. It's obvious that the club is interested, but we are haggling over the price like the Veratti deal.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
There is always risk. It's director's call to take that risk or not. We passed up on biggest Italian talent and it turned out to be a fucked up decision. We also passed up on Kondogbia and James Rodriguez. I don't want another of these cases to happen.
that´s impossible. one of the most recognized managers of all time passed up on pogba. you just can´t get them all and if you try to you will go broke.
having said that, i obviously hope that we do as well as possible ^^. and yes, there are no two ways about it: had we gotten verratti, he would have turned out great.

That was still alot, and pescara were dragging out that deal, cause Napoli was there aswel, and pressed harder then us. The media wont say that, but his manager reminds everytime that Napoli had a better offer then we had.

Then comes PSG and money is irrelevant. If we or Napoli had offered 50mil for Verratti, they'd offer 55mil
well that´s a bit exaggerated but basically i agree.
imo the more important thing is that hindsight doesn´t really help. of course i´m regretting not getting verratti back then but i can see why we decided to do so.

it´s just too easy to call out mistakes after seeing how the situation turned out, while ignoring own misjudgements.
for example, i bet like 80% of the forum thought tottenham had a great mercato last season... well no, they didn´t ;)
and the same goes for talents. pretty much every day i read somewhere "look at club x. they bought player y for 5m from fc unknown argentina and now he is worth 30m. that´s how it should be done".
but nobody ever mentions that every year tons of "talented players" get bought from all over the world for sums of around 5m and most of them fail miserably...
nobody cares though, because only the successful ones stay in the spotlight.

He is much more better than Marrone who is touted to replace Pirlo. And for 5 million , why not. It's obvious that the club is interested, but we are haggling over the price like the Veratti deal.
marrone to replace pirlo :lol:. maybe hustini had that plan several years ago but i´m 100% sure that nobody at juventus is even remotely thinking about that possibility :D.

again: i´m not against the rabiot signing. i don´t know him well enough to judge his value. all i´m saying is that
- people who don´t know him (well) should stop treating him as a must transfer because of a youtube video.
- people should stop making something personal out of every transfer. if roma think he is worth 5m and we don´t then this doesn´t mean that we are a shit club or a poor club.
- having said that: we are a (relatively) poor club so we should we careful with statements like "5m? why not" or the classic "JUST PAY..." :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)