Adrian Mutu (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2002
It better of, three of our forwards ar proficient dribblers, and as thats all cassano will add i hope we dont get him.

Jun 29, 2005
Now i recall the mutu's days in verona, he once said that juve is his favourite club. He move to parma after that great season, and i'm really glad he stays in juve at last.

Sep 28, 2002
come to think of it, mutu might be one more juventus player that i saw playing live in lithuania with romania. that was 2-3 years ago, dont remember if he played though.. all i remember is that adrian ilie scored and did that funny dance of him. and that lithuania lost :lazy:

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
I think so to, mutu will be a revelation this season, I've always rated him
highly, really looking forward to seeing him perform

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Mutu: This'll be my year Tuesday 2 August, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adrian Mutu insists this will be his year as he finally puts his troubled past at Chelsea behind him to start again with Juventus.

“I am now around 80 per cent of my form and am doing very well physically,” revealed the Romanian. “Psychologically I am also doing great because I feel respected and appreciated here.”

Mutu was set for greatness when he joined Chelsea from Parma in a £15.8m in the summer of 2003, but after a good start his form dipped and he was eventually sacked when failing a routine drugs test.

“I feel confident now because I think I’ve convinced Fabio Capello that he has many options at his disposal. I believe I can be of real use to this team, not just as part of a trident attack, but also as a supporting midfielder.”

The former Verona man returns to his homeland for a friendly game against Timisoara tomorrow evening and is winning over those who thought his career was over.

“I am happy because even the Romanian press, who were quite rough on me, are now printing complementary stories. I really have changed and understood that when you are a public figure there are responsibilities that go through every area of your behaviour,” he added.

“Capello’s advice – that I was great with my feet but had to be smart with my head, too – really helped. My recent marriage also put my life on a more tranquil track and I want people to talk about me only as a footballer. This could be my most important year.”

Nonetheless, the competition for places at the Stadio Delle Alpi is fierce this season and Mutu could find himself on the sidelines.

“If I stayed in Turin, it’s because I believe in my potential. I could’ve accepted loan moves elsewhere, but I have always liked measuring myself up against the best and that’s what Juve represent. My dream for this season is to score 15 goals and with these teammates that’s a definite possibility.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)