Adrian Mutu (7 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nawaf ] ++

Hey, it was on target :groan: ..

eh, who am I kidding.. They're good, but not goal-good...
Not goal-good nor chance-good, who are you kidding?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It means that when Del Piero (lately) shoots a free kick, it is not even a chance, it is 100% wasted, or as we say it goes up in smoke.

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
It means that when Del Piero (lately) shoots a free kick, it is not even a chance, it is 100% wasted, or as we say it goes up in smoke.
Ah.. I see..

Still, I agree that Mutu is a better free-kick taker.. I'm just saying that his freekicks aren't that bad.. (a la Zlatan.. :wallbang: )

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You had to bring Zlatan to the equation, right?

I guess Zlatan's attempts to shoot a free-kick last year were just because it was known that Del Piero's kicks won't do a single threat or make the opposing keeper even move.

Mar 6, 2005
Last year, neither Zlatan nor DP could shoot a good freekick.. We basically didn't have anyone good enough to score from them, but at least Del Piero could curl it a little.. ;)

Now, with Mutu, this problem should be solved, though..

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What is the use in curling a little? A better shot for the reporters to say: "Del Piero again tried to shoot a freekick that went down the drain, but at least he did it with style."?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Taking free kicks is VERY hard IMO. Del Piero used to be good at it, but a lot of it has got to do with confidence. When you haven't scored one in ages chances are you're not going to score this one either.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
I don't think DP has scorfed a goal from a free kick for some 3-4 years now.
That's why it is not harmful to see Zlatan "at least" try. Better than knowing the outcome.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Taking free kicks is VERY hard IMO. Del Piero used to be good at it, but a lot of it has got to do with confidence. When you haven't scored one in ages chances are you're not going to score this one either.
Seven, you said what I have been saying but in different words, so what is the use in him trying and trying where HE knows it won't get anywhere?.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Seven, you said what I have been saying but in different words, so what is the use in him trying and trying where HE knows it won't get anywhere?.
Because in the end, when he does score one, it's pretty likely that his next free kicks are going to be good as well. BUT with Mutu in the team I don't know whether it's still any good to let Del Piero take them. Zlatan's are worthless, but Mutu's aren't. DP's yesterday was pretty good though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)