AC Milan vs. Boca Juniors (Intercon. Cup) (4 Viewers)

OP
Majed

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #42
    ++ [ originally posted by Loppan ] ++
    Pirlo = missed 1-1
    Schiavi = Goal 1-2
    Rui Costa = goal 2-2
    Battaglia = missed 2-2
    Seedorf = missed 2-2
    Donnet = goal 2-3
    Costacurta = missed 2-3
    Cascini = Goal 2-4

Boca won :D
    I can't believe there a professional player in the world who can take a PK worse than Montero and Zalayetta. That man was Costacurta!! :howler:

OP
    Majed

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #45
    I just wanna see the replies of all the Milan fans who've been using the phrase "WHEN we win the intercontinental cup" for a long time. :howler:

I really expected more from the Champions of Europe. They kept the ball, but they looked "impotent" when thinking about attacking!

besides the goal, i can only think of 3 chances (Kaka's post and the two nice saves from the Boca's keeper from Sheva and Maldini's efforts)

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    I really expected more from the Champions of Europe. They kept the ball, but they looked "impotent" when thinking about attacking!
    But isn't that what Milan are: impotent :devil: *sorry, I couldn't resist :D*

But when they won CL they weren't that great, they won with only one goal or played 0-0, 1-1. And it went to penelty for them to win over Juventus.

OP
    Majed

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #48
    ++ [ originally posted by Loppan ] ++

But isn't that what Milan are: impotent :devil: *sorry, I couldn't resist :D*

But when they won CL they weren't that great, they won with only one goal or played 0-0, 1-1. And it went to penelty for them to win over Juventus.
    can you remember the last time they scored more than a goal in an important must win game (not a group stage game)?

Milan really stopped attacking by the start of the second half.

it's a shame really.. with all the attacking players they have, they should score more. all they do is play the ball around in the midfield. Their defense is always pulled back....

kharbana

Jul 7, 2003
    I saw the game...milan just play in the first half , second half and the other times was for Boca with Tevez they improve ....anyway Pirlo and Costacurta made a very bad penalty like a kids...Seedorf send it to the sky...
    So BOCA Wins :D

OP
    Majed

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #50
    ++ [ originally posted by kharbana ] ++
    I saw the game...milan just play in the first half , second half and the other times was for Boca with Tevez they improve ....anyway Pirlo and Costacurta made a very bad penalty like a kids...Seedorf send it to the sky...
    So BOCA Wins :D
    I bet Montero, Zala, and Trez dont feel so bad now... :D

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    Originally posted in Juve fact of the week:
    Well for the NON-Italians who want to rub this in my face. Because make no mistake about it: ITALIAN Juve fans are were for Milan today. I went to watch the game in downtown Rome and Roman fans, Juve fans and Lazio fans were yelling at the TV. You guys are Juve fans before Italy fans ... trust me..Its an Italian thing.

I will talk about this game once so enjoy it:

Why we lost: Bad substitutions. Nesta's Injury. Seedorf's poor perfomance. Too much weight on Pirlo's back..he was full of errors and brilliant at the same time. Off game of the defence. Total confusion and lack of anything positive from the midfield for over 30 minutes.

Why we deserved to lose: Unmotivated. Uninspired and the only shining light on our team (Kaka) is benched. More over, Costacurta has NEVER been a penalty taker in his career. Not exactly a good time to start. Anyhow, I didn't like the way we played...lack of control...lack of consistency. While the game was not all one side (Kaka's post) and it was first half Milan...second half Boca and extra time: 75% Boca I felt we did not want it badly enough. Our performance reminded me of Juve's against us in the CL Final. In other words, had we won I wouldn't feel it would be deserving. Just like had you won the CL Final.

By the way, doesn't take away from the fact that you still lost. So I don't think Trez. Montero or whoever is feeling good about it. These guys still got one important cup out of it.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Oh, you have just got to LOVE the italian media.

I'm watching the pre-game show for Juve-Parma on RAI INternational, and they interviewed, Romi Gai, who's an executive for Juve, and they asked him if he was happy that Milan lost. It was as if they were trying to bait him into saying something controversial.

Romi said all the right things, which I think is a sentiment echoed by all Italians, and that is "Of course we are not happy, we are very sad. Whenever a team from Italy is in an international tournament, we want them to do well, for they are representing our league and country."

OP
    Majed

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #54
    ++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

By the way, doesn't take away from the fact that you still lost. So I don't think Trez. Montero or whoever is feeling good about it. These guys still got one important cup out of it.
    No $hit Shurlock! ;) of course it doesn't...

The only good feeling Montero, Zala, and Trez would get is the fact that there are other big players in the world who can take such poor PKs. now they wont feel so lonely!

OP
    Majed

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #55
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
    Oh, you have just got to LOVE the italian media.

I'm watching the pre-game show for Juve-Parma on RAI INternational, and they interviewed, Romi Gai, who's an executive for Juve, and they asked him if he was happy that Milan lost. It was as if they were trying to bait him into saying something controversial.

Romi said all the right things, which I think is a sentiment echoed by all Italians, and that is "Of course we are not happy, we are very sad. Whenever a team from Italy is in an international tournament, we want them to do well, for they are representing our league and country."
    Good for him :thumb:

Sep 28, 2002
    of course it's an italian thing. that is why i never bash italians supporting all their teams in europe but i can't say nice things about a person who cheers inter in the cl after they crushed us in serie a.

but it's a good think milan lost. a great remedy against arrogance ;)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

can you remember the last time they scored more than a goal in an important must win game (not a group stage game)?

Milan really stopped attacking by the start of the second half.

it's a shame really.. with all the attacking players they have, they should score more. all they do is play the ball around in the midfield. Their defense is always pulled back....
    so so sweet...........

I was cheering Boca with all my heart since the beggining of the game. Some said that Milan would have walk in the park.. but i knew that Boca was not going to just left crosshanded.

The game was very exciting as expected...with great perormances by both teams, but IMO Boca deserved that win.
    All what u say majed is true.

Milan was even Luckier than Tevez was not on his day..and he almost scored one or 2 goals.

GRande Boca!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks from the deep of my heart!. I can now rest in peace :thumb:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Just for your information, Inter fans/players (and not only Inter ones *ahem* Juve) were celebrating Boca's win. Cannavaro did not hide this fact when he was just interviewed now.

+ Juve fans showed a nice "Grazie Boca" during Juve-Parma. There's a lot of rivalry between Inter-Juve-Milan so obviously fans and players don't want the other team to win. It's very normal.

Anyway I wonder if the media, which Incubo says is controlled by Juve cos they push Nedved's candidature for the Golden Ball, will tomorow be saying "Crisis for Milan" cos they lost two matches in a row.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)