Abortion: where do you stand? (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I think I only know Gray's view about this, but I'd like to hear the rest of you.

I personaly believe that every woman has the right to make a choice for herself, choose what she thinks is best. I cant understand that there are still some "democratic" countries that have outlawed abortion, as it's one the human rights. A lot of people will say that the child has the right to live, and I agree. But the mother also has the right to live, meaning that she has the right to decide whether or not her life would be easier without the child. As much as she has an obligation and responsibility to the child, she has towards herself.

Anyways, it's 2.30 am, and I have driving lessons early tommorrow morning, so I might not be makins snense, I probably could have made a better case :sleepy:

What do you lot think?

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
As you said, you know my views on this already, but you also know that I can't stay away from a topic like this :D I think abortion is wrong. btw have we talked about this in another thread? Or are you just assuming my opinion? :)

++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
But the mother also has the right to live, meaning that she has the right to decide whether or not her life would be easier without the child.
I dunno about this man. It's a life we're talking about here, and if you're gonna say that a 'mother' has the right to decide if her would be easier without the child, how far does that extend? If I decide that my life would be easier without my pet cat (I don't have a cat), would it be okay for me to chop it up with a kitchen knife?) If I decide that my life would be easier with some extra moolah, why shouldn't I be allowed to burgle someone's house or mug them on the street? Your answer may be that this shouldn't be allowed because it comes at the expense of others, but doesn't abortion come at the cost of an unborn baby's life?

I think abortion is an easy way out; people need to start taking responsibility for their actions. Sex was designed so people could have babies, so if you're gonna have sex (unprotected or not), be prepared for the chance of pregnancy. I'm not saying that abortion is an easy decision to make, I mean of course it's a difficult process and stressful on the mother too, but it's still a 'convenient' escape route from the consequences of people's actions.

I leave you with an image of what abortion is really like. I think the baby is around 5-6 months old at this stage

*****WARNING***** EXTREMELY GRAPHIC. DON'T CLICK IF YOU ARE EASILY SICKENED

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
It depends on what reason the girl haves. If she been raped, and dont want that child, i understand. But if she just was to irresponsible and didnt use protection, its her own fault.

Im against killing people, and abortion is almost the same. I know its early and cant be called a human. But still im against it.
If the protection unfortunatly breaks, she can buy a pil in the next 42 hours take it for not becomming pregnant.

Im against free abortion, but if the reason is really really good, then OK!

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
I think that whenever youre responsible enough to have a kid is that when you should have sex. You have to accept the consequences that come with everything you do, just like if youre in a car crash then youre going to have to pay for whoever's car you crashed. Just like you have the right to live you had the right to decide if you wanted to have sex or not. I know it sucks that if youre poor and cant really afford having a baby, he doesnt deserve to live in bad conditions because he didnt ask to come to the World and its not its fault, but the mom-to-be should have thought about that before having sex.

I dont really agree/care about that things some say that when you abort "you're killing a new life thats already there" but abortions can be VERY dangerous and you might be able to not have a baby again. I do agree with the morning after pill and those anticonceptive pills because what if you were raped? and by taking the morning after pill youre not doing an abortion that a 5-6 month old fetus is coming out of you, so for me its kinda different.

I think that if you had sex and got pregnant then you should assume your actions

River

Jun 15, 2004
Graham? Surely aborton at 5-6months is illegal?

And i also think abortion is wrong.

Yes every women has the right to make a choice, about almost everything in life. But not about the life of another individual.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Fabi how can't you dont agree about the "killing a new life".

Its a fact that abortion IS killing a new life, wether is after 2 weeks or 6 months!

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
I dont really agree/care about that things some say that when you abort "you're killing a new life thats already there" but abortions can be VERY dangerous and you might be able to not have a baby again. I do agree with the morning after pill and those anticonceptive pills because what if you were raped? and by taking the morning after pill youre not doing an abortion that a 5-6 month old fetus is coming out of you, so for me its kinda different.

I think that if you had sex and got pregnant then you should assume your actions
You dont care or agree about that? And who really cares about the dangers to a women who may not be able to have a child again. IMO that women would never deserve to have a child again. Having a child isnt just a choice, you cant just decide if it suits you or not. Many people want children but cant have them. Women that are pregnant have started a life, they should keep that child no matter what. There isnt excuses as you can make anything work.

Id rather die myself, than end the life of my child.

Jan 7, 2004
i am not gonna bother read all the long meaning full comments and i am not gona bother writting a long meaningfull comment.

++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
Pro Life

If the woman can't take care of the child, then she shouldn't get pregnant in the first place.
i can see why you say that but what about "accidents" that can ruin her life and last time i checked you needed some men semen so a child is as much of a woman as of a man. both have responsibilites

edit. i dont have much info on the "morning after" pill but if it works why not use it.

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
Pro Choice
i'm with Z

and btw, whoever is Pro Life - it's not that hard to get pregnant you know ? everyone makes mistakes

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeap.. but u must be ready to face your errors...as u was very aware of what could happen if that mistake occurs. I know, its not easy, but if u cant manage the situation, simply dont do it.

Coincidentially, in my "communication" class a week ago... a girl did a very controversial speech about abortion. It was 2 entire hours of debating. And some of my clasmates said the same arguments that some have said here.

IMO, if for some reason, a couple make a mistake, they have to be responsible of what they have done. If the case is that the couple cant take care of the baby for any reason... well it would be convenient to leave him/her into an association or with someone that could take care of him or want him/her in adoption, but not kill him.

If the case is a raped woman , well it is more sensible,,and i think that she can take the decition of not having the baby by consumming pills after the act. I think it is fair because it is something that she never wanted.

Jul 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
i am not gonna bother read all the long meaning full comments and i am not gona bother writting a long meaningfull comment.

i can see why you say that but what about "accidents" that can ruin her life and last time i checked you needed some men semen so a child is as much of a woman as of a man. both have responsibilites

edit. i dont have much info on the "morning after" pill but if it works why not use it.

If there's rape involved, then I do agree with the pill, which I don't know much about either. Anyway, what I'm saying is the man and the woman should assume responsibility and deal with the fact that they have a child and must try to care for it and raise it as well as they can. A little helpless, innocent unborn child shouldn't pay the price for a "mistake" by his/her parents.

Jan 24, 2004
Pro abortion here
What if the future mother can't take care of the young child? What if the future mother is a child, too?
What if the future mother is a "victim" of defective protection means?

Would it be better forcing her to get the child?

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
Abortion is totally forbidden in Islam, it's unfair for the baby who don't even have the chance to see the world

God gives life and ONLY God can take life away not human....

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sidz-Inzaghi ] ++
Abortion is totally forbidden in Islam, it's unfair for the baby who don't even have the chance to see the world

God gives life and ONLY God can take life away not human....
Yes, that is Islam's view.

Thanks Sidz... I dont mean to be rude, but most people here arn not Muslim, so your post can't be used as a universal/common argument for or against abortion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)