Able Xavier Converts to Islam (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2002
To what question exactly: That you would have read Qoran if you had been a Christian or that you would have converted to Islam if you had read Qoran as a Christian?
That's not fair. Christianity is a blatant lie with absolutely no historical basis to back it up whatsoever. The New Testament of the Bible was written by various people throughout history to serve political purposes. Islam at least is based on the teachings of an actual person and a book actually written about that person. The relative authenticity makes Islam more convincing though they are equally silly.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Individually it might be 'unfair' but as a people it is said everyone was given the message of God through various prophets that were sent to different parts of the world. So as a people everyone was given the fair chance.
But you believe that Islam is the last and the most complete one which descended upon particular people. Muslims believe that the other books have been becoming fallacious throughout the time and this is only Qoran which hasn't changed. So the message of God doesn't reach to the one who's now born in a Christian country which nullifies the affect of the prophet who was once descended upon that region.

You said everyone could be a good person regardless of his/her religion. Do you believe that you could be a good person even if you're not religious at all? And will God treat you equally to a good person who's a Muslim? If we suppose that the purpose is to become closer to God and to please him, isn't it right that regardless of the path you choose, reaching that purpose is what matters?

Now what's the differences between a good person who's a Muslim and the one who's not? I mean what a good person (who's Muslim at the same time) is doing more than a good person who's not a Muslim?

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
That's not fair. Christianity is a blatant lie with absolutely no historical basis to back it up whatsoever. The New Testament of the Bible was written by various people throughout history to serve political purposes. Islam at least is based on the teachings of an actual person and a book actually written about that person. The relative authenticity makes Islam more convincing though they are equally silly.
It wasn't the point. I asked Fred (who's a Muslim) that if he had been born to Christian parents yet he had the chance to read Qoran, would he have still found it convincing enough to convert to Islam? Or it was only the influence of his Muslim family that he's now a Muslim.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
But you believe that Islam is the last and the most complete one which descended upon particular people. Muslims believe that the other books have been becoming fallacious throughout the time and this is only Qoran which hasn't changed. So the message of God doesn't reach to the one who's now born in a Christian country which nullifies the affect of the prophet who was once descended upon that region.
Today there are very few people who haven't heard of Islam. If you chose to ignore to research it then it's your own fault. Just because you weren't born into it doesn't excuse you.

Btw, regardless of what you are you should look into your own religion or if you're an atheist then look at the state of your life and the state of the world and ask yourself questions about life.

You said everyone could be a good person regardless of his/her religion. Do you believe that you could be a good person even if you're not religious at all? And will God treat you equally to a good person who's a Muslim? If we suppose that the purpose is to become closer to God and to please him, isn't it right that regardless of the path you choose, reaching that purpose is what matters?
Sure you can be just as good as someone who's religious. I'm not God, I don't know if he'll treat him/her any different. I do know that anything you do as instructed in Islam you get 'sawab' i.e. rewards. If you're not a Muslim you're obviously not getting those rewards.

Now what's the differences between a good person who's a Muslim and the one who's not? I mean what a good person (who's Muslim at the same time) is doing more than a good person who's not a Muslim?
The Muslim goes the extra mile.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It wasn't the point. I asked Fred (who's a Muslim) that if he had been born to Christian parents yet he had the chance to read Qoran, would he have still found it convincing enough to convert to Islam? Or it was only the influence of his Muslim family that he's now a Muslim.

Les voies du seigneur sont impénétrables :D Not only is God fair but he's merciful his ways whether it be to send us messages relevant to our judgement or the manner of that judgement is completely beyond our grasp, you can only more or less look at your life and in what instance you felt His presence/message.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No. Couldn't you say God might have wanted people to spread that culture so that everyone would be raised in it?
Arab culture matters for shit, what the book professes does.

Arabs are just a very (even if significant) minor minority of the muslim population around the world (all with quite different cultures, even if religion effect culture quite a bit, all who converted at some point, where they werent "part of the culture"). Anyone reading it, and finding solace in it and converting, doesnt have to understand a culture, but what it preaches. Its for EVERYONE.

Thats the whole problem about religion, and Islam in particular, for centuries, even millenia, the culture being misintepreted as the religion, or excusing cultural practices and ways to of the religion, even when its vastly contradictory to it. The list is long.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
As an ex-Muslim who read the Quran in both languages i can assure you that it loses 70% of its strength when you translate it.

The poetic side of it is destroyed and it becomes a book of stories and advice.. just like the bible. I wouldnt be able to tell the difference between them in some parts of it.

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
Sure you can be just as good as someone who's religious. I'm not God, I don't know if he'll treat him/her any different. I do know that anything you do as instructed in Islam you get 'sawab' i.e. rewards. If you're not a Muslim you're obviously not getting those rewards.
No virgins for me in paradise?

Oh noes!:frown:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Today there are very few people who haven't heard of Islam. If you chose to ignore to research it then it's your own fault. Just because you weren't born into it doesn't excuse you.
What is "heard of" supposed to mean? I've "heard of" Buddhism yet I don't know a thing about it. I've never met a buddhist, I don't know what they do (aside from sending young boys into monastery and making sure they shave their heads), and I've no idea what the point is. So does this mean I'm supposed to drop everything and become a devout buddhist?

The Muslim goes the extra mile.
My BS alarm is raging.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Les voies du seigneur sont impénétrables :D Not only is God fair but he's merciful his ways whether it be to send us messages relevant to our judgement or the manner of that judgement is completely beyond our grasp, you can only more or less look at your life and in what instance you felt His presence/message.
You are much too smart to fall for this bs, Able. It is no different from any "do as I say not as I do and you'll live a good life" propaganda.

Oh god is merciful. But of course not in our human understanding of the word, because he's a cruel, homicidal bastard. So what does "merciful" mean? Nothing.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
No, T was pointing out that there are probably very few people in the world who have absolutely no idea what Islam is
And? Hoori was asking how come some people are so lucky to be born Muslim (so to speak) and others are not? T's defense was to say "everyone has heard of islam anyway". Which is first of all clearly false, but beyond that hearing about something and being convinced of something are two very different things.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
What is "heard of" supposed to mean? I've "heard of" Buddhism yet I don't know a thing about it. I've never met a buddhist, I don't know what they do (aside from sending young boys into monastery and making sure they shave their heads), and I've no idea what the point is. So does this mean I'm supposed to drop everything and become a devout buddhist?

My BS alarm is raging.
The muslims had to go to war and kill millions over the years to make sure that the word of Islam is spread across the globe. If you were a guy in the opposing army protecting your country against the muslim invader... tough luck... you'll go to hell

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I'll never understand how one can ditch a name like "Cat Stevens" and go for "Yusuf Islam". That shit is whack.

That's it from me on the subject.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
You are much too smart to fall for this bs, Able. It is no different from any "do as I say not as I do and you'll live a good life" propaganda.

Oh god is merciful. But of course not in our human understanding of the word, because he's a cruel, homicidal bastard. So what does "merciful" mean? Nothing.
He can either use analogy and anthropomorphize God or he can be a fideist (I can know nothing of God we just submit in faith)
You'll find both of them in every religion.

Does the word wise have the same meaning in us as in God? If yes then you are making human beings the model for the creator of the universe. If No, then i could as well praise God saying BADADADADBABA while bashing my head to a brick wall because whatever i say doesnt apply anyway.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
He can either use analogy and anthropomorphize God or he can be a fideist (I can know nothing of God we just submit in faith)
You'll find both of them in every religion.

Does the word wise have the same meaning in us as in God? If yes then you are making human beings the model for the creator of the universe. If No, then i could as well praise God saying BADADADADBABA while bashing my head to a brick wall because whatever i say doesnt apply anyway.
correct :)

now if only more people would grasp this..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)