Aaron Ramsey (12 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Imagine selling Ramsey but extending Matuidi... We need major overhaul in the middle and to gradually improve quality. We should part ways with Matuidi, Khedira for a start. Then lets see if we can improve upon remaning group, Ramsey, even Pjanic if he can fetch us good sum can be among candidates as far as our exit strategy is concerned. We should focus on more rounded midfielders, without significant weakness. Fixing this midfield should be top priority.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
He has been a flop.

But in his defence he has barely been given a chance. Paratici said before he joined that he is a mezzala and I can't think of many (if any) opportunities he has had in that role. He and Khedira are the only mids who offer a threat by running from deep to pick up the space between midfield and attack or get in the box. I think we are ignoring how important this is.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
For 30 million, I'd sever ties. However, we can plusvalenza Perin, Can, Pjanic, and even Rugani and Pjaca before this guy.

I'd sell Blaised and Confused and Kebab Senior too, but it seems we're extending the contract of the former and probably allowing the latter to terminate his contract by mutual consent and choose his next destination.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
He has been a flop.

But in his defence he has barely been given a chance. Paratici said before he joined that he is a mezzala and I can't think of many (if any) opportunities he has had in that role. He and Khedira are the only mids who offer a threat by running from deep to pick up the space between midfield and attack or get in the box. I think we are ignoring how important this is.
He is bought to play in Khedira position.
A box to box midfielder who run to the box and score intellegently.
Not as trequartista. The failure of Berna and Costa injury forced him to play as AM.

Aaronaldo

Dec 2, 2019
As someone who watched Ramsey for years, I feel the need to let you guys in on a secret. Ramsey is not really good at anything (well, one thing, but I'll save that to last)

Ramsey does score goals, but only if he plays in advanced role, generally sitting on top of your striker. The down side to this is that your team will always concede more goals than he scores.

He does have a great engine, or at least he looks like he does. If he put half as much effort running backwards as he does forward he might be a central "box to box" midfielder. But he doesn't, he hangs around the halfway line when he should be defending waiting for the ball to break so he can rampage towards their goal. Often they just score instead.
Watch for him every time the opposition score on a break. He will be nowhere useful. Never is.

He likes to think he can play 10, but he can't, for every successful "trick" or "flick" there's a about 5 that don't come off, often he'll backheel it to the opposite and they will score because there's already a Ramsey sized hole in your midfield. He also takes too many touches to control the ball and his passing is inaccurate.

He's not that good at tackler and his pace is slow, watch the next time you see him in midfield and notice how easily the opposition "pass" around him. Once you notice his static "traffic cone-like" qualities you can't unsee them.

But the one thing that Aaron is good at - is that he's aware of his "stats". Watch him complete pass after sideways pass rather than risk a forward one. Watch him steal a goal or three over the season, so at the end people will forget the quality or the irrelevance of his goals or assists and will just say "Yeah but he did get X number of goals"

And finally. Don't ever forget that as a central midfielder "He doesn't belive in tactics"
https://www.tribalfootball.com/arti...amsey-not-a-tactical-player-4272985#popup-sso

Last edited:

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
As someone who watched Ramsey for years, I feel the need to let you guys in on a secret. Ramsey is not really good at anything (well, one thing, but I'll save that to last)

Ramsey does score goals, but only if he plays in advanced role, generally sitting on top of your striker. The down side to this is that your team will always concede more goals than he scores.

He does have a great engine, or at least he looks like he does. If he put half as much effort running backwards as he does forward he might be a central "box to box" midfielder. But he doesn't, he hangs around the halfway line when he should be defending waiting for the ball to break so he can rampage towards their goal. Often they just score instead.
Watch for him every time the opposition score on a break. He will be nowhere useful. Never is.

He likes to think he can play 10, but he can't, for every successful "trick" or "flick" there's a about 5 that don't come off, often he'll backheel it to the opposite and they will score because there's already a Ramsey sized hole in your midfield. He also takes too many touches to control the ball and his passing is inaccurate.

He's not that good at tackler and his pace is slow, watch the next time you see him in midfield and notice how easily the opposition "pass" around him. Once you notice his static "traffic cone-like" qualities you can't unsee them.

But the one thing that Aaron is good at - is that he's aware of his "stats". Watch him complete pass after sideways pass rather than risk a forward one. Watch him steal a goal or three over the season, so at the end people will forget the quality or the irrelevance of his goals or assists and will just say "Yeah but he did get X number of goals"

And finally. Don't ever forget that as a central midfielder "He doesn't belive in tactics"
https://www.tribalfootball.com/arti...amsey-not-a-tactical-player-4272985#popup-sso
Nothing new to me. But still thanks, some guys here still think he's the savior of our midfield once he's healthy.

Let alone the fact he has been a okayish Arsenal player for 10 years should be enough said.

Aaronaldo

Dec 2, 2019
It's a bizarre one, for every arsenal fan I know that could see his failings there were two who would tell you he is a world-class player. Generally speaking, anyone who had actually played football could spot him for what he was. The worst were the xG fanboys who would tell you why "statistically" speaking he was "up there with Messi" :D

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Imagine selling Ramsey but extending Matuidi... We need major overhaul in the middle and to gradually improve quality. We should part ways with Matuidi, Khedira for a start. Then lets see if we can improve upon remaning group, Ramsey, even Pjanic if he can fetch us good sum can be among candidates as far as our exit strategy is concerned. We should focus on more rounded midfielders, without significant weakness. Fixing this midfield should be top priority.
this is what makes me sick. Ramsey is the least of our problems and not a dead-weight (yet).

Last edited:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
It's a bizarre one, for every arsenal fan I know that could see his failings there were two who would tell you he is a world-class player. Generally speaking, anyone who had actually played football could spot him for what he was. The worst were the xG fanboys who would tell you why "statistically" speaking he was "up there with Messi" :D
Don't be bitter. You know he was good for you guys.

Jun 6, 2015

Statpadder :tuttosport:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Nothing new to me. But still thanks, some guys here still think he's the savior of our midfield once he's healthy.
Show me just one user who thinks that.

Most were hoping for him to be an upgrade over aging Sami and Matuidi, a player to drive the ball forward, something we were missing. Can't recall anyone calling him a savior or anything like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Arsenal is 10th in the league.

Having 31 points...being 42 points behind Liverpool.

If they only had a statpadder.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2015
Show me just one user who thinks that.

Most were hoping for him to be an upgrade over aging Sami and Matuidi, a player to drive the ball forward, something we were missing. Can't recall anyone calling him a savior or anything like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Arsenal is 10th in the league.

Having 31 points...being 42 points behind Liverpool.

If they only had a statpadder.
:agree: Instead they have :özil:

Apr 19, 2007
Hes not the midfield savior but he needs to start. We are much more balanced when hes on the field. With an attacking front 3 we look weak in the middle. I think Costa could get us there if Matuidi is on the field but hes not healthy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)