Aaron Ramsey (35 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
I think it’s more of a case of nobody wanting him rather than management believing in him. High wages, never healthy, average performances when he is...why would any club want him?

My problem is this idea that if we’re stuck with him we should try and find playing time for him. No, FUCK that. He’s sunk cost. You may as well burn that money you owe him. Just tell him to stay home and focus on other players.
Somehow I have problems believing that clubs don’t want him. I think if you let a player know the he doesn’t have a future at the club that he’s likely to find something new. Salary remains a big issue but not many players will pull a Bogarde. Worst case scenario he’ll stay a year or we need some extra months like with Khedira. We don’t risk a financial loss as he was a free agent anyway. Cherubini failed here. Just like last seasons he’ll have 5 good games, 15 average games and the rest he’s probably injured, yet we accepted a third season of this shit.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Why the fuck he wasnt sold this summer? Or terminated / loaned? Signing him for 7m wages was a bad bet that didnt work out, then last summer we gave that bet another chance (shouldnt have) and he was even worse. Surely only a madman would think that he'd be worth the money this summer. Especially when Pjanic was available for smaller wages

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Why the fuck he wasnt sold this summer? Or terminated / loaned? Signing him for 7m wages was a bad bet that didnt work out, then last summer we gave that bet another chance (shouldnt have) and he was even worse. Surely only a madman would think that he'd be worth the money this summer. Especially when Pjanic was available for smaller wages
Who will pay his salary? Who will tolerate his terrible medical record? You can’t unilaterally terminate someone’s contract without paying them their compensation. I only know one man moronic enough to take him off our books, unfortunately Ramsey will never agree to that move because he is a Arsenal fan through and through.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
7m salary for a player who plays barely half a season. Who’s stupid enough to take him? There’s a lot of things you can do with 14m gross.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Who will pay his salary? Who will tolerate his terrible medical record? You can’t unilaterally terminate someone’s contract without paying them their compensation. I only know one man moronic enough to take him off our books, unfortunately Ramsey will never agree to that move because he is a Arsenal fan through and through.
He's a former EPL star, had decent Euros with Wales, I think a solution couldve been found in England.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
He's a former EPL star, had decent Euros with Wales, I think a solution couldve been found in England.
I think there definitely would have been teams interested in England. His reputation is still good there.

I think the issue would be finding a team that he would accept. It is hard to see City, Chelsea, Utd or Liverpool going for him. I doubt he'd go to Spurs. He probably wouldn't go for anyone else other than Arsenal.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I think there definitely would have been teams interested in England. His reputation is still good here.

I think the issue would be finding a team that he would accept. It is hard to see City, Chelsea, Utd or Liverpool going for him. I doubt he'd go to Spurs. He probably wouldn't go for anyone else other than Arsenal.
Thanks. People seem to forget that there are three parties that need to come to an agreement for a transfer to happen.

Jun 16, 2020
Thanks. People seem to forget that there are three parties that need to come to an agreement for a transfer to happen.
How seriously did we try to offload him? I have my doubts.

Whatever Tici did last season with Costa, Ruga, De Sciglio, Perin, Khedira and Higuain worked. This season we failed to offload any deadwood, not even on loan.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Funny thing is, he played in all of Wales' Euro games no problem, 1 match for Juve and he's fucked. Something is seriously not right.

- - - Updated - - -

Whatever Tici did last season with Costa, Ruga, De Sciglio, Perin, Khedira and Higuain worked. This season we failed to offload any deadwood, not even on loan.
Beanie didn't set up zoom calls to tell Ramsey that he's out.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017

There is no liquidity in the market. Everyone is stuck. Also wasn't the only player sold from that list Higuain? weren't the other ones loans and contract termnations?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)