Aaron Ramsey - CM/AM - Arsenal (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
because according to the player registration and eligibility requirements (4 homegrown, 4 association grown, 17 'free' slots are available), our squad is full, even if we don't have enough homegrown players. in order to sign ramsey, we have to sell someone. cuadrado is taking a place, injured or not. benatia's slot will be immediately filled by caceres. ramsey has no free slot up for grabs, we could only enter him to any competition in someone else's expense. so we either sell a guy or relegate him to the primavera - latter would be a rather expensive and stupid solution. so ultimately we'll have to sell someone to make room for ramsey.
That's not true. We have enough HG players for Serie A and Kean and Bentancur are considered U22 players so they don't have to be registered for Serie A games. For CL we would have to not register two players. One is most probably Caceres and the other I'd guess would be Cuadrado based on how long he's out to fit Ramsey in.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
because according to the player registration and eligibility requirements (4 homegrown, 4 association grown, 17 'free' slots are available), our squad is full, even if we don't have enough homegrown players. in order to sign ramsey, we have to sell someone. cuadrado is taking a place, injured or not. benatia's slot will be immediately filled by caceres. ramsey has no free slot up for grabs, we could only enter him to any competition in someone else's expense. so we either sell a guy or relegate him to the primavera - latter would be a rather expensive and stupid solution. so ultimately we'll have to sell someone to make room for ramsey.
17 + 4 + 4...That's 25 players. Unless I'm mistaken, we only have 24, including Caceres...

I just went on Lega Serie A and looked at our 25 man squad:

Over 22 list(we're allowed 17):
1. Szczesny
2. Perin
3. Caceres
4. Sandro
5. Cancelo
6. Spinazzola
7. Pjanic
8. Khedira
9. Matuidi
10. Can
11. Ronaldo
12. Dybala
13. Costa
14. Cuadrado
15. Mandzukic
16. Bernadeschi

Over 22 list grown in Italy (4):
1. De Sciglio
2. Chiellini
3. Barzagli
4. Bonucci

Over 22 list grown in the club (4):
1. Carlo Pinsoglio
2. Daniele Rugani

According to this we can add one over-22 player that isn't association or home-grown. And 2 homegrown, over-22 players.

Bentancur and Kean don't count towards limits because they are under 22.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
That's an old document, you see Tavecchio is still signed as president. FM which is really reliable in these cases says it's U22. We wouldn't be chasing Ramsey right now if he knew we had to sell a player for him.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Yes, FM - Football Manager has a database and signed agreements with all licensed clubs and federations to use their rules, regulations, numbers, data, whatever. As far as this season and current rules are concerned they're incredibly accurate.

I don't need to link any documents, just the fact we're still trying to sign Ramsey or at least we tried to sign him immediately this month proves we don't need to sell anyone in order to register him.

Also, now I checked Bentancur's DoB - what's the problem exactly @s4tch? Even if the U21 rule was still used Bentancur fits there and doesn't have to be registered for Serie A matches.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
what? that's what i've been saying all along. and apparently i was wrong, as it's 22, so thanks for the heads up. also, i still can't find any regulation for it.
Oh. I thought you were saying 21 year olds had to be registered in A-list in Serie A (as in U-21 not inclusive of 21). 21 is included and doesn't have to be registered. Bentancur is 21 until summer.

I can't find the regulation stating it either. I just found our 25 man registered squad list on Lega Serie A. Only Bentancur and Kean in the first team aren't on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)