A Song of Ice and Fire (2 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Why are you so certain? :p

I'm more and more concerned at the omission of Ramsay Snow. That's an integral character that's yet to make an appearance.
A couple episodes ago Roose Bolton sent Ramsay to deal with Theon. So my guess is that he'll show up briefly in the next two episodes. I don't know if they'll do the Reek storyline. It may be too weird, even for HBO.:D

Also, consensus is that the mysterious elk riding ranger is Benjen Stark.

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

A couple episodes ago Roose Bolton sent Ramsay to deal with Theon. So my guess is that he'll show up briefly in the next two episodes. I don't know if they'll do the Reek storyline. It may be too weird, even for HBO.:D

Also, consensus is that the mysterious elk riding ranger is Benjen Stark.
It seems the Reek storyline has already been scrapped, since he was supposed to be a prisoner in Winterfell and freed by Theon and later on be betrayed by him. Since Roose told Robb he was gonna send his bastard I assume Ramsay will show up, take over Winterfell and take Theon prisoner...will Theon "become" Reek or will be just a normal prisoner remains to be seen. Would love it if they did the Reek storyline, it was an awesome story and a just punishment for Theon...and later on you even become sympathetic for the guy.

Yeah I know, but I'm not dead certain on it. Would be cool though.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I didn't. I watched the show and literally consumed the first three books in like 1 month. :D

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
OK so we know that in the show, Arya is Tywin Lannister's cup bearer. Well in the book, Tywin doesn't really give a shit about anyone. Arya eventually Roose Bolton's cup bearer. After the Lannisters leave Harrenhal that is. My problem is that in the book this relationship shows how much of a creeper Bolton is which is foreshadowing of major future events. During Tywin's stay at Harrenhal the relationship between Arya, Gendry, and Hot Pie is shown. Which is semi-important to the grand scheme of Arya's storyline.

OP
Lilith

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
  • Thread Starter #30
    Maybe it is still yet to come on the show. Maybe they are just trying to give Twyin a little more depth before they move on or something?

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Maybe it is still yet to come on the show. Maybe they are just trying to give Twyin a little more depth before they move on or something?
    Maybe. I trust the writers have things under control. I assume they want to show a lot of Tywin since he's really only talked about in the books.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    He had to die for the plot to progress. But the 2nd book is really about Tyrion. They haven't quite done him justice.

OP
    Lilith

Lilith

Immortelle
    May 19, 2006
  • Thread Starter #34
    I know he had to die but we never got to see much of him. I would have liked if they had added a bit more depth to him in the show as well like they did with Tywin.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    There wasn't really a reason for that. It's all about Danearys gaining depth and strength from her husband, which HBO hasn't done a good job of showing. I thought they cut the Red Waste (where she grows as a queen) a bit short and the incessant "where are my dragons" is a bit much. She's not nearly as whiney in the books.

OP
    Lilith

Lilith

Immortelle
    May 19, 2006
  • Thread Starter #36
    It doesn't help that the girl who plays her looks like she is always lost and a bit slow. I think better acting could have taken the character a bit further. And yes I know none of you agree with me, she is the hottest thing alive, blah, blah, blah.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

There wasn't really a reason for that. It's all about Danearys gaining depth and strength from her husband, which HBO hasn't done a good job of showing. I thought they cut the Red Waste (where she grows as a queen) a bit short and the incessant "where are my dragons" is a bit much. She's not nearly as whiney in the books.
    Oh I disagree, she was just as whiney and annoying in the books for me. Her story has taken an enormous downfall for me, only in the end of ADWD did she get interesting again. I was thrilled to see all the Dany fanboys getting irritated in the TV thread. I can't wait for her to assemble her Unsullied army and decides to stay with her Mereen "children", to protect them. :wallbang:

I'm not thrilled with the portrayal of Tywin. The actor is fantastic and does him justice but they're really starting to make him likeable a lot, which he is not.

I'm waiting for more Roose and Ramsay(please, please, please).

Oh and something cool I read on the web. The guy Quaithe was tattoing for his voyage to Valirya, when Jorah came to see her. Euron Crow's Eye anyone? :klin:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    I didn't. I watched the show and literally consumed the first three books in like 1 month. :D
    I had read all of the available books before the show started. I do worry that the show might now impact how the books turn out.
    I read the first one in like 2003, but didn't bother reading the sequels until the show came out.
    I did only because a read a piece in the New Yorker about how the author's fans were basically terrorizing the guy to write another book, since he had taken so long.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/04/11/110411fa_fact_miller
    Epic :D And who is your favorite character, guys?

PS I was in shock when Nedd Stark and Drogo died...
    this is exactly how I think the TV show will affect the upcoming books - the writer will be really cautious about killing off such important characters now :tdown:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)