A Song of Ice and Fire (2 Viewers)

Jul 1, 2010
ßöмßäяðîëя;4526210 said:
Ummmm, what?

This is all England and the War of the Roses.

The Wall is Hadrian's Wall, and the Wildlings are Celts, you don't think this clown is smart enough to come up with this, are you?
:agree:

Even the Red Wedding is based on a historical event, the Black Dinner, where King James II of Scotland murdered the Clan Douglas at a dinner in 1440.

Jul 10, 2006
ßöмßäяðîëя;4526210 said:
Ummmm, what?

The Wall is Hadrian's Wall, and the Wildlings are Celts, you don't think this clown is smart enough to come up with this, are you?

Well, obviously he drew on historical inspiration. But the characters, the battles, the history, etc. It's a monumental job to come up with all of that and make it work as well as he has done.

Also, I forgot how Henry Tudor used his dragons to defeat Richard III at Bosworth Field. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, Burke, you haven't even fucking read the books, how could you possibly judge the Ice & Fire universe? :lol:

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Just finished reading book 5 part 2. Was a bit disappointed with it to be honest. Too many loose threads, and too long spent on unecessary chat between characters. And I love reading all the plotting etc more than I love the actual action points. But at times it was too much for me. Anyway here are some of my thoughts.

No way is Stannis dead. First of all Bolton was asking for Reek to be returned. But Theon is in Stannis' camp. Secondly Melissandre's fires seem to have a lot of truth in them. Things such as the death of three kings plus Jon Snow's death. I think she's right that Stannis will be the one to defend the realm of men, even if I don't think Stannis is the kind of hero that job would require.

What will The Watch do with the wildlings? They can't send them back through the wall so will have to either embrace them or be slain in battle against them. If Jon Snow isn't dead I will be really annoyed. It was the only really big event in the entire 500 pages of After The Feast.

Excited to see Aegon raise Dorne to his side. It does all seem too simple for him, though. Victarion heading to Meereen to side with Daenerys will give him additional strength while he will presumable make good on that marriage pact with one of the Dornish babes. Who will be left to oppose the Targaryens? Nobody but what is left of Stannis' host and the others (if they EVER come)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I'll put this in spoilers... so here goes
We all know that Catelyn Stark was murdered at the Bloody Wedding. In the books her body is cast into the river and it flows down stream to where her body is discovered by our favorite son of the North, Beric Donderrian. As we all know, sir Beric has died several times, but thanks to Thoros of Mir he gets resurrected. Each time being more difficult to resurrect. When they discover Lady Stark, the men ask Thoros to bring her back, but he cannot unless someone trades his life force for heres, because she is dead and decaying. Lord Beric however decides to give his life for hers and Thoros brings her back. When she comes back, she's pissed. Changes her name to Lady Stoneheart and leads her men on a quest to kill anyone she thinks betrayed her. No one know who she really is because she wears a vale and can't speak due to her throat being slit.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Just finished reading book 5 part 2. Was a bit disappointed with it to be honest. Too many loose threads, and too long spent on unecessary chat between characters. And I love reading all the plotting etc more than I love the actual action points. But at times it was too much for me. Anyway here are some of my thoughts.

No way is Stannis dead. First of all Bolton was asking for Reek to be returned. But Theon is in Stannis' camp. Secondly Melissandre's fires seem to have a lot of truth in them. Things such as the death of three kings plus Jon Snow's death. I think she's right that Stannis will be the one to defend the realm of men, even if I don't think Stannis is the kind of hero that job would require.

What will The Watch do with the wildlings? They can't send them back through the wall so will have to either embrace them or be slain in battle against them. If Jon Snow isn't dead I will be really annoyed. It was the only really big event in the entire 500 pages of After The Feast.

Excited to see Aegon raise Dorne to his side. It does all seem too simple for him, though. Victarion heading to Meereen to side with Daenerys will give him additional strength while he will presumable make good on that marriage pact with one of the Dornish babes. Who will be left to oppose the Targaryens? Nobody but what is left of Stannis' host and the others (if they EVER come)
I'll add something
Jon Snow is definetly not dead , GRRM has said that he will learn about his mother eventually and in an interview he was asked : " So why did you kill Jon Snow?" he responded : "Oh, you think he’s dead, do you?"

Still considering all the theories that go around Jon , the hardcore fanbase would commit a collective suicide if he is really dead :D

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
So I started reading book 1 and I'm on page 400, but it's quite interesting to see the differences between the show and the book so far.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
i soo waited to join this thread and finally after 6 months i finished the last volume.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm hoping it's a false death like Breane of Tarth, but I'm also hoping for the same thing of John Snow. I can't them both coming back, so I figure the Hound will be left dead. Tis the life of a sellsword.
why do you say false death? she didn't appeared after she was killed by cat

Rhaegar and Lyanna.
why do you say that? hints?

From the way he talks about the kid, it doesn't sound as if he is lying. He calls the boy by that name, but perhaps even the boy doesn't know he's not really Aegon, he's just called Aegon.
isn't that the boy who travelled with tyrion to the islands?

Also, happen to think that Aegon is the real deal. He does after all have Jon Connington with him.

John Snow is definitely Eddard's nephew and not his son.
why definitely?

Victarion's chapters in the last book are very interesting, or at least were for me.
agreed..and i wanna see how the gods are gonna come up in the end..r'hllor vs the trees

ßöмßäяðîëя;4526210 said:
Ummmm, what?

the magnitude of his map/characters/way to describe everything is fantastic..he is a slow but a very great wrighter. imagine him having like hundred of big maps, keeping track of everyone.

I'll add something
Jon Snow is definetly not dead , GRRM has said that he will learn about his mother eventually and in an interview he was asked : " So why did you kill Jon Snow?" he responded : "Oh, you think he’s dead, do you?"

Still considering all the theories that go around Jon , the hardcore fanbase would commit a collective suicide if he is really dead :D
i think melisandre will heal him somehow

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
i soo waited to join this thread and finally after 6 months i finished the last volume.

why do you say false death? she didn't appeared after she was killed by cat
She wasn't killed by Cat, iirc she appeared in some village and met with Jaime, telling him that the Hound has Sansa and he must go with her or Sansa will die.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
i think melisandre will heal him somehow
I personally hope not , i don't want jon to have a connection with the red god . I simply hope he survives the stabbing . For reaghar x lyanna hints check this http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/forum/20-general-asoiaf/ , the R+l=J v87 thread has everything you need . Check the previous versions for a better understanding , i think the first one has all the hints

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
damn they took the books to another level...r+l never ever came to my humble mind.

now about brienne not dying i can only think of those reports that got to cersei in the end of the book in which she was told that jaime and brienne are together..

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
At the end of book 4 (or book 3, I can't remember which) Brienne was about to be killed by Lady Stoneheart for siding with the Lannisters. Of course we all know that is some bullshit but Cate doesn't. It seems clear to me that Brienne has agreed to prove her alliegance to Catelyn by giving her Jaime. Hence the clear lie about Sansa being taken by the Hound.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
No, but I have a feeling we will see that scene this season. Last episode, Stannis has Winterfell surrounded, Ramsay panics, sends John a not saying he has Sansa, John gets the wildlings and prepares to ride, cue Crow stab festival.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)