A present day Moses (17 Viewers)

Jun 13, 2007
They are not facts, just your opinions. You have already said that everything religion does is good, and everything bad that comes out of religion isn't really religion. So in your head religion is a synonym for "good". As you can imagine, I completely reject that definition.
Fair enough. Present to me one thing the Bible teaches that can be deemed as "bad" in our world today.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #263

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Why don't you walk outside, take that tone with someone and see if you have any teeth left after. Cause I sure as hell would kick yours right in.

(No that's not a threat mods. I don't ever plan on being in the same room with this self righteous wanker)

I'm done proving you wrong. You're on my ignore list.
    You seem like a Medieval Catholic with your talk.

It's a fact now. You're going to burn in hell.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Notice how religious people are cool and calm for most of their lives, but then explode once something that makes their mind sweat?

I think Rage Against the Machine wrote a song about this. Calm Like a Bomb.

Ahhh, the irony.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I called God on the phone, know what He said? He said that he prefers to be called Allah, not God, because it's more flamboyant. Allah also said that everybody originally was black, but then he changed his mind because he set the moist adiabtic lapse rate to 6 Degrees Celsius per Kilometer. He also said that he was confused on the units because meteorologists should use Kelvin, because he likes that fellow he didn't create yet.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Well duh. We've only started taking it seriously.
    We'll replace it with maybe bio-fuel or electricity i'm not sure i'm no scientist.
    In regards to how the economy will deal with it. Are you saying without oil an economy can't exist? As long as demand is the same for its replacement the world economy will be unaffected in the long term. If the world opts for electricity the economy will keep itself busy make solar farms, hydro electrical plants etc. which creates just as many if not more jobs. The transition is the tricky part but there are some forward thinking politicians and economists smart enough to figure that out for us so we don't have to.

Anyway i'm off to bed
    Do you understand how much oil is consumed for production purposes? About one half of all oil consumption is due to the processes of goods production, whether it be for the factories or the actual products themselves that have petroleum as a main input.

If you have factories that run on oil, goods that run on oil, transportation that runs on oil, you have a lot of stuff to replace if we want to use alternative energy sources. Stuff that firms cannot replace because it's simply too expensive. An economy can exist without oil, but when everything is based upon oil, which it is, there will be pain and suffering during the period where the economy tries to get off the oil fix. It's like a crack fiend trying to shake the addiction.

And to delay the suffering, they will fight for what is left. It's that simple.

And the politicians? These "smart :lol2: " politicians (what a joke that is. these people are absolute dunderheads who can just talk to appease the masses) have been rejecting alternative energy sources for years, especially in nuclear energy. Only when the light sweet crude price at the NYMEX shot up to 140 people took notice.

Apr 12, 2004
    I called God on the phone, know what He said? He said that he prefers to be called Allah, not God, because it's more flamboyant. Allah also said that everybody originally was black, but then he changed his mind because he set the moist adiabtic lapse rate to 6 Degrees Celsius per Kilometer. He also said that he was confused on the units because meteorologists should use Kelvin, because he likes that fellow he didn't create yet.
    Yea I called him too and he said Hitler was funny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)