A present day Moses (9 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
:lol2:

Global Warming isn't even proven yet.

Common sense? Common sense tells us people fight over things they need to survive, as in food and other natural resources. It's all about the survival of the fittest.

But oh wait, I forgot you religious people don't know shit about this topic.
World leaders don't seem to care because they meet frequently (i know the meetings are unproductive but it demonstrates the awareness of the problem) to set agendas to cut down use on and replace the resources that they are supposedly going to be what they're going to war to obtain :eyebrows: really c'mon.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
World leaders don't seem to care because they meet frequently (i know the meetings are unproductive but it demonstrates the awareness of the problem) to set agendas to cut down use on and replace the resources that they are supposedly going to be what they're going to war to obtain :eyebrows: really c'mon.
Nothing can replace oil, lumbar, gold, silver, coal, plutonium, platinum, palladium, et cetera.

You have got to be one dumb motherfucker to not understand this.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
coal and oil will be out dated replaced BECAUSE of global warming. They're both energy sources that can and will be replaced.

Precious metals? If that was ever going to be the cause for a world war it would have already taken place.

Jun 13, 2007
People of religion seem to be some of the biggest hypocrites on Earth.

They believe in their books, but then they break the rules therein.
This is true, many religious people are like this. The problem is that these people practice their respective religions in complete conflict with what their very religion preaches.

Religion is pure, man is tarnished, impure, evil, manipulating, hypocratic. Many religious leaders such as Bin Laden who have used religion to attract young people who can't think for themselves to fight for a cause is the reason relgion is looked upon with such hate and anger. This is understandable.

However, it would be foolish to fail to recognize that these are impure people that are commiting murders and atrocities, not religion itself. If an American killed millions of innocent civilians to protect his country, would you call America evil, or would you call this person evil?

Martin. The bible does preach faith, but not the idiotic blind faith you are speaking of. It is perfectly fine that some people would choose faith over reason because man's logic is debatable, incomplete, imperfect, continually changing. Theories developed by man are changing by the day while faith is absolute, the answers are there. There are no twists and turns, there are no maybes and ifs, there are straight forward answers to all questions.

While I am not one of these people as I can not blindly believe in anything without continually questioning it and consistently doubting it, it is simply not in my nature to have blind faith. I have many reasons to believe, my faith is a justifiable one, it is not the blatantly blind one you are describing.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
coal and oil will be out dated replaced BECAUSE of global warming.

Precious metals? If that was ever going to be the cause for a world war it would have already taken place.
Your theory has already been proven wrong with the Iraq War. Wolfowitz admitted it, Greenspan admitted it, and anybody with common sense knows what that war was all about.

Technology improves year by year, indeed, but it takes decades to totally weed out a commodity like oil from the system. It just does not work, especially when the world is under a period of sustained negative growth.

Jun 13, 2007
:lol2:

Global Warming isn't even proven yet.

Common sense? Common sense tells us people fight over things they need to survive, as in food and other natural resources. It's all about the survival of the fittest.

But oh wait, I forgot you religious people don't know shit about this topic.
Ah yes, parrot Darwin's theory like a good boy. This theory by the way is one of the most idiotic theories I have ever come across, I will show you why it is flawed and in fact a good word to describe it's fallaciousness is "altruism".

If the 'survival of the fittest' theory was in fact a valid one, why do we have altruistic acts in this world of ours. I am talking about acts where people risk their lives, wealth, and happiness for the well-being of others. Altruism is the truly selfless giving of oneself to others with absolutely no secondary motives.

Oskar Schindler placed his life in great danger by sheltering more than a thousand jews from Nazi extermination during WW2, and ultimately died penniless. This person did so out of a conscience. He did not do so to survive, or to better himself, or even to protect his genes. He helped perfect strangers because he thought it was the right thing to do. so much for the 'Survival of the fittest'.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Your theory has already been proven wrong with the Iraq War. Wolfowitz admitted it, Greenspan admitted it, and anybody with common sense knows what that war was all about.

Technology improves year by year, indeed, but it takes decades to totally weed out a commodity like oil from the system. It just does not work, especially when the world is under a period of sustained negative growth.
The Iraq war started at a time when several administrations failed to even acknowledge the possibility of global warming.
Countries have probably been deterred from making the same mistake the US did with their unsuccessful grab for oil (how much oil did they leave with?) and all of that with virtually no real opposition. :tdown: yeah a grab for oil that sounds like a real winner to the whole world.
You really think there is going to be an absolute revolution when in comes to energy resources in the next decade anyway? Not likely.
Listen you can play Nostradamus all you like but the world is moving away from those resources not closer to. If their was to be a world war III i predict it would stem from the Russia US rivalry. But for that to happen there would have to be another couple Georgian crisis' x10 so i doubt that will happen.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #230
    The bible has the words of God, not man. It is therefore not the work of man.
    The Bible does not instruct the Catholic church to preach the evil of condom use in Africa, a contributing factor to the AIDS epidemic. The Catholics made this up themselves.

Jun 13, 2007
    The Bible does not instruct the Catholic church to preach the evil of condom use in Africa, a contributing factor to the AIDS epidemic. The Catholics made this up themselves.
    This proves my point exactly. The Catholic Church are made of men, most of whom are corrupt in their nature. This is why I am saying Religion is pure while man is not.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    The Iraq war started at a time when several administrations failed to even acknowledge the possibility of global warming.
    Countries have probably been deterred from making the same mistake the US did with their unsuccessful grab for oil (how much oil did they leave with?) and all of that with virtually no real opposition. :tdown: yeah a grab for oil that sounds like a real winner to the whole world.
    You really think there is going to be an absolute revolution when in comes to energy resources in the next decade anyway? Not likely.
    Listen you can play Nostradamus all you like but the world is moving away from those resources not closer to. If their was to be a world war III it would stem from the Russia US rivalry. But for that to happen there would have to be another couple Georgian crisis' x10 so i doubt that will happen.
    The only thing one needs to do is take a look at the Dow Jones Industrial Index, drive (in your gasoline-powered automobile) to the nearest dealership while observing what cars share the roadway, and look at the list price of an electric-powered car. That's when it becomes apparent we still have a long ways to go.

This isn't even taking into account the oil needed to produce millions of products.

Tell me, what is there to replace oil in our oil-consuming worldly economy?

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    I'm catholic and i have unsafe sex all the time. Catholics do not preach the evilness of condoms lol. Though it does contradict its views on sex. Its a point where i disagree with the church. They're scared it will lead to more casual sex before marriage. They're not out their to kill africans.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Ah yes, parrot Darwin's theory like a good boy. This theory by the way is one of the most idiotic theories I have ever come across, I will show you why it is flawed and in fact a good word to describe it's fallaciousness is "altruism".

If the 'survival of the fittest' theory was in fact a valid one, why do we have altruistic acts in this world of ours. I am talking about acts where people risk their lives, wealth, and happiness for the well-being of others. Altruism is the truly selfless giving of oneself to others with absolutely no secondary motives.

Oskar Schindler placed his life in great danger by sheltering more than a thousand jews from Nazi extermination during WW2, and ultimately died penniless. This person did so out of a conscience. He did not do so to survive, or to better himself, or even to protect his genes. He helped perfect strangers because he thought it was the right thing to do. so much for the 'Survival of the fittest'.
    It seems like I can't discuss anything with you because you're not a rational person.

Just like polar bears, snakes, squirrels, sharks, et cetera, humans will fight for survival. This is why you see people running away from gunmen, knocking down people in their retreat, trying to escape their death. This is why militias in Somalia roam around armed in trucks stealing bags of rice for their populous. This is why if somebody tries to harm you, you defend yourself. And if you lose, you lose.

It is not a theory, but a fact. Those who are the most fit to adapt to a situation will survive, and those who cannot sustain themselves will not.

Sheesh, I mean, it's not even that hard to understand, especially when we see it every single day.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I'm catholic and i have unsafe sex all the time. Catholics do not preach the evilness of condoms lol. Though it does contradict its views on sex. Its a point where i disagree with the church. They're scared it will lead to more casual sex before marriage. They're not out their to kill africans.
    Are you married?

If not, sorry bro, you're going to hell.

Il Re

-- 10 --
    Jan 13, 2005
    :disagree: ...............................:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)