A little thought experiment (2 Viewers)

Instate slavery?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
I would feel bad about it, but I would probably vote yes. And I think at least 80% would vote yes.

Of the guys who voted no so far, how many of you care where and how your pair of Nike shoes are made?
If you think that salvery doesn't exist then you are wrong. Slavery still exists today, in every country of the world although the modern name for practices akin to slavery is human trafficking. Millions of people are forced to work in slavelike conditions around the world today.

Slaves are used for labor and prostitution. millions of them are children, and the children are forced to work as laborers or prostitutes as well. there is also child sex tourism, where rich men travel to third world countries to have sex with minors.

OP
Dinsdale
Jun 26, 2007
  • Thread Starter #24
    May I point out, despite your renouncement of petty nitpickers like me, that formulating the question is half the battle? If you want people to vote Yes you have to tell a different story. Make it appear as there is a great injustice to these people whose wealth will decline. I'm not a propagandist, so I'm not skilled to write this. But that's what you need to work on.
    I know, I thought this hypothesis was extreme enough but I guess not (though if it would happen for real I'm sure it would be). I should have written something like having your legs amputated. :p At least you know where I'm going at.

If you think that salvery doesn't exist then you are wrong. Slavery still exists today, in every country of the world although the modern name for practices akin to slavery is human trafficking. Millions of people are forced to work in slavelike conditions around the world today.

Slaves are used for labor and prostitution. millions of them are children, and the children are forced to work as laborers or prostitutes as well. there is also child sex tourism, where rich men travel to third world countries to have sex with minors.
    Thanks for your useful insights, very relevant indeed. I don't think I'm going to bother...

A bigger and fatter YES
    Historicians' votes should count for 10. :D

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    why do i get the feeling Seven would round up all the religious believers and work them on his cotton farm?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)