A Gorilla, a Spic, a Redneck and a Carcamano walk into a national team...... (1 Viewer)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So you think Hulk is better than Amauri?
I never said that, did I?

But Hulk is the 4th striker for Brazil, and would hardly, if ever, get on the field.

That is exactly what Amauri would be on Brazil. A 4th Striker, and so far,Dunga hasn't called him up yet to be even that.

What does that tell you

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Andy, do you honestly think that the reason that Amauri wants to play for Italy is because he wants to represent Italy?

Or do you think, like I do, that the reason he wants to play for Italy is thatthis is the last chance that he will get to be able to play in the World Cup.

Look, if he married an American woman, who is to say that he wouldn't be trying the same exact thing with the U.S. National team??

THAT is what has been pissing me off about this. I don't think his intentions are sincere. I think he wants to play for Italy just to play in the World Cup. I don't think that it was a "dream of his" or anything like that.

He wants to get in on the action the only way he knows how.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I never said that, did I?

But Hulk is the 4th striker for Brazil, and would hardly, if ever, get on the field.

That is exactly what Amauri would be on Brazil. A 4th Striker, and so far,Dunga hasn't called him up yet to be even that.

What does that tell you
All that tells me is either Dunga doesn't think Amauri is good enough, or else something else is in place to keep him from the team. The opinion of ONE GUY isn't necessarily the correct one. Hell, Dunga even called up that fatass Adriano, a player who is clearly not up to the task of being a force anymore.

You know, Sergio, I don't think Trezeguet is good enough for France because Domenech doesn't call him up...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Andy, do you honestly think that the reason that Amauri wants to play for Italy is because he wants to represent Italy?

Or do you think, like I do, that the reason he wants to play for Italy is thatthis is the last chance that he will get to be able to play in the World Cup.

Look, if he married an American woman, who is to say that he wouldn't be trying the same exact thing with the U.S. National team??

THAT is what has been pissing me off about this. I don't think his intentions are sincere. I think he wants to play for Italy just to play in the World Cup. I don't think that it was a "dream of his" or anything like that.

He wants to get in on the action the only way he knows how.
And I'd be totally for Amauri playing for us, because I'm not a moron.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
All that tells me is either Dunga doesn't think Amauri is good enough, or else something else is in place to keep him from the team. The opinion of ONE GUY isn't necessarily the correct one. Hell, Dunga even called up that fatass Adriano, a player who is clearly not up to the task of being a force anymore.

You know, Sergio, I don't think Trezeguet is good enough for France because Domenech doesn't call him up...

You've said many intelligent things on this forum in the years that you have been here. This however, was NOT one of them.

Last I checked, Trezeguet played plenty of matches for France. And did quite well. Domenech's reasons for not selecting Trez are far different than the Amauri situation.

As far as I know, Trez wasn't trying to play both sides to see who would call him up

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You've said many intelligent things on this forum in the years that you have been here. This however, was NOT one of them.

Last I checked, Trezeguet played plenty of matches for France. And did quite well. Domenech's reasons for not selecting Trez are far different than the Amauri situation.

As far as I know, Trez wasn't trying to play both sides to see who would call him up
It's absolutely the same thing, Sergio, in rating a player using your logic.

You claimed that since Amauri was not called up by Dunga, that means he isn't good enough, but Hulk and Adriano are good enough.

The same should be applied for Trezeguet. The man pulling the strings, Domenech, doesn't call up David for one reason or another, meaning that he must not be good enough.

If that's how we are rating Amauri, then we must do the same for other players.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You know, Andy. We can go on and on about this until the 2018 World Cup, and our opinions aren't going to change. I would rather just agree to disagree with you on this before it gets really heated.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It's absolutely the same thing, Sergio, in rating a player using your logic.

You claimed that since Amauri was not called up by Dunga, that means he isn't good enough, but Hulk and Adriano are good enough.

The same should be applied for Trezeguet. The man pulling the strings, Domenech, doesn't call up David for one reason or another, meaning that he must not be good enough.

If that's how we are rating Amauri, then we must do the same for other players.

No it isn't the same thing.

Trezeguet has gotten many opportunities to play for France. At one time, in the eyes of Domenech and the other coaches before him, Trez was good enough to start for the French. Now, for whatever reason, Domenech doesn't feel that way, and as stupid as his opinion is, he at least has a body of work to go on to determine whether or not he still fits into his plans. It could be that Doemench is trying to go in a younger direction for the national team. I don't know for sure, I don't follow them at all

Amauri has never been called up, never gotten the opportunity, never even had his name mentioned to play for Brazil, so there is obviously something there that
dunga and his predeccesors see.

There's a big difference between no longer being called up and not being called up at all, especially considering that Amauri will be 30 years old by the time the World Cup starts

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It wouldn't get heated. I just see many parallels between this Amauri situation and when Camoranesi came into the team. The only difference is that one guy had Italian grandparents which he may or may not have known, and one guy has nothing, except for citizenship in two countries. Both players have been much derided for wanting to play for the Azzurri, but one already has, and helped the nation win a World Cup. And wouldn't you know it, most of the hate for the player mysteriously disappeared after the Cup was lifted.

But what do I know. I must not have much German blood in me anymore. :(

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It wouldn't get heated. I just see many parallels between this Amauri situation and when Camoranesi came into the team. The only difference is that one guy had Italian grandparents which he may or may not have known, and one guy has nothing, except for citizenship in two countries. Both players have been much derided for wanting to play for the Azzurri, but one already has, and helped the nation win a World Cup. And wouldn't you know it, most of the hate for the player mysteriously disappeared after the Cup was lifted.

But what do I know. I must not have much German blood in me anymore. :(
I was never crazy about Camoranesi being on the team, either. And I''m still not. I feel that he was in the same situation that Amauri is now, the only difference being that at least Camoranesi had realtives from the old country. Although I think that if Argentina came calling, he would have played for them in a heartbeat.

And you know something else? All things being equal, I would have loved to see Giuseppe Rossi playing for the U.S.. But at least, he seems far more sincere in wanting to live out his and his parent's dreams of playing for Italy, and he's made no bones about that whatsoever.

I don't know, maybe I'm "Old School", but I always equated palying for a national team as invoking a sense of pride in playing for that country, not just playing for a country because you don't have any other options.

But the only thing that matters is that I love you

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
No it isn't the same thing.

Trezeguet has gotten many opportunities to play for France. At one time, in the eyes of Domenech and the other coaches before him, Trez was good enough to start for the French. Now, for whatever reason, Domenech doesn't feel that way, and as stupid as his opinion is, he at least has a body of work to go on to determine whether or not he still fits into his plans. It could be that Doemench is trying to go in a younger direction for the national team. I don't know for sure, I don't follow them at all

Amauri has never been called up, never gotten the opportunity, never even had his name mentioned to play for Brazil, so there is obviously something there that
dunga and his predeccesors see.

There's a big difference between no longer being called up and not being called up at all, especially considering that Amauri will be 30 years old by the time the World Cup starts
1. My point is still stands though. With you saying Domenech's opinion is stupid, you should understand why I think it's unfair to claim Amauri isn't good enough for Brazil due to one man's opinion. That was what you originally said, and I fundamentally disagree with that notion.

2. Amauri was going to get called up last February, but due to club football, he couldn't participate. Amauri being called up for Brazil has been discussed plenty of times, from Napoli to Sao Paulo.

3. I wish people would just say they're against Amauri because he's not Italian instead of claiming he's not good enough. As if Luca Baloney, Pepe and Borriello are some world class players.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
1. My point is still stands though. With you saying Domenech's opinion is stupid, you should understand why I think it's unfair to claim Amauri isn't good enough for Brazil due to one man's opinion. That was what you originally said, and I fundamentally disagree with that notion.

2. Amauri was going to get called up last February, but due to club football, he couldn't participate. Amauri being called up for Brazil has been discussed plenty of times, from Napoli to Sao Paulo.

3. I wish people would just say they're against Amauri because he's not Italian instead of claiming he's not good enough. As if Luca Baloney, Pepe and Borriello are some world class players.
Do you even know the reason why I don't want Amauri on the team?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Do you even know the reason why I don't want Amauri on the team?
I believe I do.

Too bad Amauri doesn't have an American wife, because I would be sending him letters everyday to come and play for us. Him and Altidore up top would be badass.

Hey Andy. How's that God of War III demo treating you?
I'll take a look at that after the 20th, when the MAG beta ends. I'm loving it and don't want to wait two months for the real issuance.

OP
Bozi

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter #320
    so wait a minute, andy believes that Amauri SHOULD play for Italy? just to piss off teh racists

but

he believes that Rossi should not have played for Italy (despite having Italien blood) and his family are terrorists

you are a complex guy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)