A Gorilla, a Spic, a Redneck and a Carcamano walk into a national team...... (3 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
No of course you haven't set me off I was just curios if you had a particular incident to bring up. I'm sure there are many scandalous things that influence the outcome of games in international tournaments, some may be uncovered and others the public will never hear

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Somebody who likes Barcelona has no right to say that about any other team
I don't support Barcelona. Hell, I don't even watch them play much. Only good thing about them is that they play fun football to watch, unlike the AzZzZzZurri, who play garbage snoozefest football.

Apr 12, 2004
Agree with Andy, although I support them more than my family, I bleed BLAUGRANNAHHHH, and if it was either Xavi's shoes into the trash can or my dad dies in a car accident, Xavi's boots are more important than my dad, and if he says anything different, i punch him in face.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
ßüякε;2222119 said:
Agree with Andy, although I support them more than my family, I bleed BLAUGRANNAHHHH, and if it was either Xavi's shoes into the trash can or my dad dies in a car accident, Xavi's boots are more important than my dad, and if he says anything different, i punch him in face.
:lol:

Dec 31, 2008
I haven't set you off, have I? You don't think these tournaments have a hidden element in which we, the spectators, are unaware of? You don't think the FIGC pleaded with FIFA to help them through and prop up calcio a tad prior to the scandal?

I'm just busting balls, man. :D
FIFApoli

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Oriundi stand up for Amauri
Monday 16 November, 2009

Italy’s past Oriundi have rushed to defend Amauri against Giampaolo Pazzini’s complaints. “He has the right to play for the Azzurri.”
Pazzini moaned today that he did not feel Amauri had any place at the World Cup considering the Brazilian has no Italian blood.

“Amauri has the same situation as Mauro Camoranesi, as whoever has the passport has every right to play for that national team,” snapped Jose Altafini.

Altafini famously played for Brazil’s 1958 World Cup winning side, then switched to Italy for the 1962 World Cup, as he was the son of Italian immigrants.

Amauri’s case is slightly different from that of Camoranesi, who won the 2006 tournament with the Azzurri, as the Argentine has Italian relatives, whereas Amauri can only get his passport through his Brazilian wife’s citizenship.

“I, Angelo Sormani and the other Oriundi were welcomed to the Nazionale,” added Altafini. “The directors have to decide on these issues, but it’s only normal that all players aim to take part in the World Cup. If they don’t want them there, don’t give them a passport.

“As for Pazzini, I get really annoyed when players put their noses in where it doesn’t belong. They should focus on football and nothing else.”

Sormani was another of the Oriundi in the Italy squad of the 1960s, again with Italian blood relatives.

“If Amauri wants to play for Italy and has a genuine interest in this country, it is his right to be part of the squad,” said the former Roma and Milan striker.

“It’s true that Brazil have closed their doors in his face and so now he is waiting for the Azzurri, but that is a problem the two federations need to sort out.”

Football Italia

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Altafini, Brazil didn't "close the doors in his face".

He's not good enough to be on their team. That's not so hard to understand, is it?

I would love to know how he will get playing time over the likes of Rubinho, Fabiano, and Pato.

If he were good enough for the Brazilian team, he would have been called up already for meaningful games, and this wouldn't even be an issue

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Dude, Dunga has even given HULK from Porto a call up during his tenure. You really think HULK is better than Amauri?

Come on now, clearly there is something else to this fraud, and it's NOT about Amauri being terrible.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Dude, Dunga has even given HULK from Porto a call up during his tenure. You really think HULK is better than Amauri?

Come on now, clearly there is something else to this fraud, and it's NOT about Amauri being terrible.
So, why are you laughing at my assumption?

Do you honestly think that Amauri is better than Robinho, Fabiano, or Pato?

Do you think that he would see the pitch at all ahead of any one of those three?

I certainly don't think so.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So, why are you laughing at my assumption?

Do you honestly think that Amauri is better than Rubinho, Fabiano, or Pato?

Do you think that he would see the pitch at all ahead of any one of those three?

I certainly don't think so.
Fabiano is a bit overrated, but yes, better than Amauri in front of goal. Pato and Robinho are support strikers, damn good ones at that. So I agree with you there.

But, when you say Amauri isn't good enough for Brazil when Dunga calls up Hulk, it's quite a slap in the face to our player. As if he doesn't get enough from the folks who abhor him for not being a "true" Italian, the people here who call him junk, and Dunga himself.

Fact of the matter is, Amauri > Hulk, all there is to it.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So if Amauri is better than Hulk, why hasn't he been called up??

And don't try to turn this into a "slap in the face to OUR GUY" type of situation.

Its got nothing to do with what club team he plays for.

If he was good enough for Brazil, he would have been called up already. Plain and simple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)