A Euro for Europe (1 Viewer)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Not the worst idea, as long as they actually use some common sense in scheduling and giving fans special tournament passports to bypass the rigmarole of crossing multiple borders.

You couldn't have a team play in Dublin one game and then Donetsk 4-5 days later.

- - - Updated - - -

Qatar WC will be perfectly organized, they have passion, plans and most importantly money to make it true. Y'all jealous.
Of course, if you don't agree you must be jealous.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
i don't like the idea but that starts with expanding the tournament to 24 teams... srsly why would anyone want to see malta vs san marino at the ec? why do the teams need to qualify? could also play a big tournament around europe for 6 weeks with all of the countries in it.
and play it across europe? so if there is a game in madrid will spain play at home or will there be lets say norway vs croatia?
everyone that felt the experience of a tournament in his country knows that this is a unique thing and shouldn't change. all the atmosphere etc. that we had here in 2006 was just great. and if countries like ukraine and polan can handle the financial part i don't see why italy spain etc can not do it in the future also

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
i don't like the idea but that starts with expanding the tournament to 24 teams... srsly why would anyone want to see malta vs san marino at the ec? why do the teams need to qualify? could also play a big tournament around europe for 6 weeks with all of the countries in it.
and play it across europe? so if there is a game in madrid will spain play at home or will there be lets say norway vs croatia?
everyone that felt the experience of a tournament in his country knows that this is a unique thing and shouldn't change. all the atmosphere etc. that we had here in 2006 was just great. and if countries like ukraine and polan can handle the financial part i don't see why italy spain etc can not do it in the future also
look over the countries budgets and you got yourself an answer.

there's no justification in spending a huge amount on the euros if your country cant pay the bills.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
you think platini and co care about it? the only thing they care is their own pocket. they could get so much money out of marketing and sponsering it is incredible. they can sell sponser deals for mercedes lufthansa etc in germany for fiat in italy for seat in spain etc.... it just about making more money for platini it is not about the fans or the financial part of a country

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
you think platini and co care about it? the only thing they care is their own pocket. they could get so much money out of marketing and sponsering it is incredible. they can sell sponser deals for mercedes lufthansa etc in germany for fiat in italy for seat in spain etc.... it just about making more money for platini it is not about the fans or the financial part of a country
pardon me. but what on earth are you talking about?

i was clearly talking about the financial burden of the host country. not whether or not UEFA would earn money on the event.

you didnt understand why Spain and Italy couldnt host the EUROs under the current financial situation and i pointed out to you why. what does that have to do with Platini and UEFA??

mondo1

May 14, 2006
pardon me. but what on earth are you talking about?

i was clearly talking about the financial burden of the host country. not whether or not UEFA would earn money on the event.

you didnt understand why Spain and Italy couldnt host the EUROs under the current financial situation and i pointed out to you why. what does that have to do with Platini and UEFA??
i know what you were talking about... but i was just pointing out that they don't care. if i remember correct italy wanted to host the ec in 2012 and 2016 and failed in their bids. and there could also be huge benefits with the new stadiums etc.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
"We have some decisions to make now, some political, some geographical, for example we cannot have an English fan going to Lisbon, Kazakhstan and Sweden.

"We will have an intelligent solution, not chasing the fans all over Europe. The Euros are coming to the fans and taking matches to quite a number of countries. We have met with supporters' associations recently and have reassured them we will do whatever is possible to make sure fans get the necessary support when they travel."

-Platini

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/07/michel-platini-euro-2020

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
How the fuck did this become a Qatar/WC thread? On topic please, guys.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, moved most of what I thought were the irrelevant Qatar stuff over to its old thread:
http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/31147-Qatar-s-bid-for-hosting-WC-2022/

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
and rightfully so, they can keep playing in Europe, good riddance.

Plus that way, we can ensure that we won't have to see them in the WC or any major tournament :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)