A Euro for Europe (2 Viewers)

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Predicatable reply.

- - - Updated - - -

You have to wait for the details before going for that criticism.

One would imagine that each group will be played between a couple of stadium that aren't a million miles away from each other and the suggestion seems to be that the semi-finals and the final would all be in one city (or at least all within reasonable striking distance of each other).

I'm certainly not expecting a team to have it's group games split between Lisbon and Vladivostok.
Nor would I rule it out because at the minute the governing bodies have zero clue on what fans want at the moment.

I love it when one country gets it and culturally they can put their own stamp on and its lovely seeing what a single country can come up with. This feels too much like a Champions League format.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I've no problem with the format that things are in just now, but with the current financial situation in Europe this seems like a good solution.

If it doesn't work, it can be abandoned once European countries have recovered sufficiently to be able to commit to hosting these sort of events unilaterally again.

Can't say I'm that fussed about the cultural aspect. I watch these things for the football, so don't really notice what else is going on most of the time.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I like the idea alot.

No surprise that the conservative football fans out there don't like the idea. Do they ever?

As long as group matches are being played within a certain radius, then I don't see any problems with it.

May 22, 2007
If people are going to have a moan at UEFA, then direct attention towards the stupidity of increasing the number of participants of the Euro tournament to 24 teams.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If people are going to have a moan at UEFA, then direct attention towards the stupidity of increasing the number of participants of the Euro tournament to 24 teams.
:agree:

Teams like Scotland might get in with 24 qualifiers, and no-one wants to see a major tournament devalued by having shit like that present.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Everything went down hill when camel country got the World Cup.

- - - Updated - - -

After the debacle with Russia and Qatar getting the World Cups ahead of the UK and USA respectively. From then on I realised not to take UEFA or FIFA seriously anymore.

How is this layout fair on fans who want to watch their teams play. One day in England the next in Italy. Its financially crippling.
While I think the UAE would have been a better choice than Qatar, I still think Qatar is a better choice than both the Gringo's and the Brits.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Of course.

The only reason for that is because you and the brotherhood can masturbate to 80,000 towel heads in the stadium.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Thats part of the appeal ya.
That's the only logical decisions.

A) USA and Britain have held the Worlds top events and know how to host successful ones. When was the last time Qatar held anything meaningful?

B) From a fans perspective there is nothing good about it being in Qatar

C) USA and Britain have better facilities, logistical operations and without doubt more appeal to travelling fans.

D) Entertainment, USA and Britain have much more to do whilst the games are not on. Things to see, things to do.

E) Ask any footballer would they rather be playing in the US or Britain during the Summer play at World Class venues that have history against some plastic false shit?

F) Travelling, it's much easier for the majority of fans to get the Britain from Europe and a hell of alot cheaper.

These are facts and ask any footballer where they'd rather play the tournament and 90% of them will say Britain or the US.

It's been done to death though and it's a shame the decision is final as it's a shame for football and the paying fans will suffer for it.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
it's ok. qatar will build air conditioned stadiums.

oh wait. nvm. they'll just hold the WC in january -_-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)