9th August Juve vs Roma (4 Viewers)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Del Piero seals Roma thriller Tuesday 9 August, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Capello faced his former club and Alex Del Piero bagged a brace in an entertaining friendly encounter between Juve and Roma.

Meetings between these two clubs have always been fraught affairs and that rivalry intensified last year when Coach Capello, Emerson and Jonathan Zebina moved to Turin.

With reports that they are set to be joined by Antonio Cassano, the tension got to some fans and police had to quell troublemakers who were throwing missiles.

The match was played at Pescara’s Stadio Adriatico and Alessandro Del Piero – who was left on the bench for last week’s 2-0 victory at Benfica – opened the scoring with a curling right-foot shot at the near post.

Cristian Chivu confirmed that he is past his injury worries with a diving header on Francesco Totti’s free kick to draw the Giallorossi level.

Luciano Spalletti’s men even managed to turn the game around completely in the second half, new signing Rodrigo Taddei turning in another assist from captain Totti.

However, deep into stoppages, Del Piero was brought down and stepped up to convert the decisive penalty himself, as it ends 2-2.

Juventus are warming up for Sunday’s Italian Supercup clash with Inter, while Roma were celebrating the temporary lifting of their transfer embargo.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Capello Satisfied With Roma Friendly
8/10/2005 8:05:00 AM
The Juve boss also squashed the rumours of a possible Antonio Cassano arrival to Turin.
Fabio Capello commented the performance of his players in Tuesday night’s friendly match against Roma.

“The squad felt Monday’s hard work. It was a good preparation match for the league against an opponent which I liked a lot. Some players are more in condition, others are less, but I’m not worried. The quality of the game will come."

Capello restated that Cassano will not be joining Juve this summer.

“He’s doing well with Roma and he’s fine with the Giallorossi colours."

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
Top 5 Juve scoring leaders(friendlies with Asia tour)

1. Trezeguet (8)
2. Del Piero (8) *2pk's
3. Zlatan (6) *1pk
4. Mutu (5)
5. Zalayeta, Nedved (2)
good to know that we have a lot of scorers

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
IMO i am sure a lot of members expected that juve players are superior to roma players , i expected an easy win , ok it is a friendly but i expected a win

May 30, 2004
juve players arent tht supersior to roma's roma is a big club and have a lot of good players and young talents.. i didnt expect and easy win.. juve roma games are always gonna be intense controversial and very close

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++

would the people on here do any different?
Some would in fact, though I can not speak for everyone.

Edit: And now for something else entirely:

Zambrotta does look odd, without his trademark beard!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)