Šime Vrsaljko - RB/LB - Sassuolo (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Carnevale: 'No offers for Vrsaljko’
By Football Italia staff

Sassuolo sporting director Giovanni Carnevale insists Napoli haven’t bid for Sime Vrsaljko, but hints at a Duvan Zapata swap.

The Croatian full-back is believed to be a target for the Partenopei, as well as Juventus, but the Neroverdi director claims there has been no bid thus far.

“Vrsaljko is in great demand, not only in Italy,” Carnevale told Radio Crc.

“He’s young, and a great prospect, but so far we haven’t received a direct offer from Napoli. Our intention is to keep him for next season, but like all players he could be on the market, and if we get valuable offers then we’ll consider them.

“Zapata? Sassuolo already tried to get Zapata before he went to Napoli, he’s good and we’re still interested.

“He’s a big name, and he could be useful for us, but there’s a big difference between saying something and doing it.

“We want to keep focusing on young Italian players, Zapata isn’t that, but I think he could make a difference in attack.”

Carnevale also gave his assessment of Domenico Berardi’s situation, and believes he will stay at Mapei Stadium for next season, rather than move to Juventus, who own half of his registration.

“Domenico is a co-owned player, so we have to decide his destination. We’d like to have him for another year, Juve would also like him in Turin, but I’m confident he could stay for another year with us.”

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Report: Vrsaljko accepts Napoli
By Football Italia staff

It’s reported Sassuolo full-back Sime Vrsaljko has agreed a deal to join Napoli, but the clubs have not yet agreed a fee.

The Croatian international has been heavily linked with the Partenopei this summer, as they seek to rebuild following a fifth-place finish last season.

Gianluca Di Marzio’s website reports that Vrsaljko has reached an agreement with the Vesuviani, who must now negotiate with Sassuolo.

The website believes that the Neroverdi value the player at been €10m and €12m, but would have to pay Genoa 40 per cent of any fee, as part of the deal which brought him to Mapei Stadium.

Napoli could look to reduce the outlay by including Colombian striker Duvan Zapata in the deal, with Sassuolo admitting publicly that they are interested in the 24-year-old.

- - - Updated - - -

Vrsaljko agent: 'Napoli this week’
By Football Italia staff

Sime Vrsaljko’s agent confirms that a transfer from Sassuolo to Napoli could happen this week if the clubs agree a fee.

It was reported earlier today the the full-back had agreed a deal with the Partenopei, but a deal was still to be agreed with the Neroverdi.

“I met with [Napoli sporting director Cristiano] Giuntoli in Forte dei Marmi yesterday, but there’s nothing new,” Giuseppe Riso revealed in an interview with Radio Crc.

“There was talk of Vrsaljko, but no figures. Napoli is a club the lad really likes, and I think Cristiano is one of the best young sporting directors out there.

“Napoli will meet with Sassuolo, I don’t know if it will be today, but the clubs will have to meet.

“No player can turn down Napoli, Vrsaljko has a strong character and is perfect for a club like Napoli, where you have to have strength and personality.

“Vrsaljko is one of the top full-backs in Europe, he’s young but he’s played in a World Cup [for Croatia], so we’re talking about someone with a very high profile.

“The meeting between Napoli and Sassuolo has to go well, if they can agree a deal then maybe we can close things this week.”

-----
@Mark - close?

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
I've never understood these "x-player has reached an agreement with y-club, who must now negotiate with x-club" I thought it was against the rules to approach a player before having reached a deal/having the consent of the club.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I've never understood these "x-player has reached an agreement with y-club, who must now negotiate with x-club" I thought it was against the rules to approach a player before having reached a deal/having the consent of the club.
It is, in theory.

Only clubs like Arsenal actually get pissy about it, though.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It certainly can be.

But in reality there is inevitably going to be a some degree of contact being players/agents and possible buying clubs.

Would be a pain in the arse if you had to go through potentially lengthy negotiations with a club only to discover the player had no interest in joining you in the first place.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
If Napoli get this guy, it confirms to me that we're happy with our full back situation for another Year at least. And that's fair enough, as long as we make it a priority within the next 2 Summers.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
It certainly can be.

But in reality there is inevitably going to be a some degree of contact being players/agents and possible buying clubs.

Would be a pain in the arse if you had to go through potentially lengthy negotiations with a club only to discover the player had no interest in joining you in the first place.
If you put it like that then yeah, it can go both ways. :agree:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
If Napoli get this guy, it confirms to me that we're happy with our full back situation for another Year at least. And that's fair enough, as long as we make it a priority within the next 2 Summers.
Licht is worrying me at this point, to consider him another full season in three competitions. Doesn't look good enough to stay the course next season, especialy if he doesn't get that operation done in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)