Ángel Di María (50 Viewers)

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I don’t necessarily think we don’t train hard but I think our balance is majorly off. I’ve seen quite a few players join us and bulk up but from a cardio perspective they seem to not have great fitness.

Our team tends to look exhausted towards the end of games which is odd because we play with a fairly low intensity. The injuries are definitely not a coincidence, even the injury prone players become more injury prone after signing their Juventus contracts

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I don’t necessarily think we don’t train hard but I think our balance is majorly off. I’ve seen quite a few players join us and bulk up but from a cardio perspective they seem to not have great fitness.

Our team tends to look exhausted towards the end of games which is odd because we play with a fairly low intensity. The injuries are definitely not a coincidence, even the injury prone players become more injury prone after signing their Juventus contracts
Exhausted and injury prone. Classic signs of overtraining… but apparently overtraining is a good thing. :shifty:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think at this point we need some conspiracy theories, like Ronaldo has remained so fit because he has a team of clandestine assassins who draw blood from his teammates to keep him healthy. And in the process, he's vampired the blood out of our remaining players and physios.

At least I'm going with that.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
whatever the f it is > not enough intensity, poor training methods etc = sort it out !

This incident should be another alarm bell that points to something being seriously wrong with our methods.
and the most fucked up thing is that this billion dollar company isnt doing shit about it for a decade now

Guys, let's try to post "change the medical team" under every Juve post on social media. The only way to draw attention to this maybe.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
and the most fucked up thing is that this billion dollar company isnt doing shit about it for a decade now

Guys, let's try to post "change the medical team" under every Juve post on social media. The only way to draw attention to this maybe.
They did that you dork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I think it's a combination of all factors. Training methods of the coach/incompetency of the medical staff/recruiting broken or old players.

Under Conte, we used to be one of the fittest teams. The conditioning of our players was top notch also because we recruited players with workhorse mentality and high stamina.

If you keep recruiting broken or old players, it's natural to expect injuries or long layoffs.

Pogba, Di Maria, Ramsey, Costa, Arthur, Zakaria etc all these signings fall in this category.

How about we stop recruiting injury prone players for a change and maybe we can notice a difference?

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012

The club has recently appointed a person (don't remember the name) as the Head of Performance which includes the physical condition of the players.

It can't be that big of a mystery. It must be related to Allegris way of training. Because his Milan were injury prone too. And less so when he left.
I doubt Allegri is being responsible for the physical preparation. I believe you need to have a proper education to do that on a professional level. Max is more for tactics and the technical aspects.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
The club has recently appointed a person (don't remember the name) as the Head of Performance which includes the physical condition of the players.
Giovanni Andreini - Head of Performance
The role of Head of Performance is to oversee the different areas of a club's performance - sports sciences, medicine, strength and conditioning, nutrition and analytics - and to ensure maximum performance from all the players so as to respond as best possible to the demands of the game. This role is vertical from the First Teams to the Youth Sector.

All good but until we dont get a strength and conditioning coach, we will only get so far.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Giovanni Andreini - Head of Performance
The role of Head of Performance is to oversee the different areas of a club's performance - sports sciences, medicine, strength and conditioning, nutrition and analytics - and to ensure maximum performance from all the players so as to respond as best possible to the demands of the game. This role is vertical from the First Teams to the Youth Sector.

All good but until we dont get a strength and conditioning coach, we will only get so far.
Just copy whatever the fuck Real is doing. How hard can it be ffs?

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I think it's a combination of all factors. Training methods of the coach/incompetency of the medical staff/recruiting broken or old players.

Under Conte, we used to be one of the fittest teams. The conditioning of our players was top notch also because we recruited players with workhorse mentality and high stamina.

If you keep recruiting broken or old players, it's natural to expect injuries or long layoffs.

Pogba, Di Maria, Ramsey, Costa, Arthur, Zakaria etc all these signings fall in this category.

How about we stop recruiting injury prone players for a change and maybe we can notice a difference?
This year it's only Pogba and Di Maria, so only two so far. A step in the right direction at least, although they are the most expensive ones excluding Chiesa.
You have a fair point, could include a few more like you note, such as Khedira and MDS. Marotta och Paratici always loved doing deals they figured were cheap. Never really figuring out why they were cheap.
Dybala, McKennie, Demiral, Pjaca and Kaio is maybe poor luck. Unless of course it's the internal issues.
Beside the injury, Di Maria's pressing and tracking surprised and impressed me though. The problem is we can't expect someone at his age to do that two-three times a week. Maybe this is why our play is so incredibly static? :p No one wants to run off the ball because they know they'll break something if they do.

Aug 2, 2005
Players gets injured more often here than their previous/new clubs.. even those who are less injury prone

It got to do with everything Juve Related,
Turin, Coaches, Medical, JTC, Stadium etc

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
68DE1628-BF64-4AD7-9391-FCB602484C3D.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder what this visit was all about, i guess that if they just wanted to check on the condition of Di Maria they could have just called right… :think:

- - - Updated - - -

Did they come to give us some tips on how to train so that we keep him fit and available for the WC? :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)