Ángel Di María (11 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
TBH they are probably right. Can’t trust our medical staff regarding anything related to medical issues.
Tbh neither do i think journalists opinions or assumptions are in any way more relevant in this field.

- - - Updated - - -

From what was reported by Agresti right after Di Maria left JMedical it seems that he will be reevaluated after 10days, which does not mean he will be back after this time but rather that is when we will know if he will no longer require recovery time or if he maybe needs another week or two of pause.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Tbh neither do i think journalists opinions or assumptions are in any way more relevant in this field.

- - - Updated - - -

From what was reported by Agresti right after Di Maria left JMedical it seems that he will be reevaluated after 10days, which does not mean he will be back after this time but rather that is when we will know if he will no longer require recovery time or if he maybe needs another week or two of pause.
Normally I would fully agree but how can one have even an iota of confidence in our medical team at the moment?

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Normally I would fully agree but how can one have even an iota of confidence in our medical team at the moment?
That i agree with too, probably it’s safe to say neither have a real clue what is going on, i think that perhaps the only accurate report is the fact that they will reevaluate after the 10days, everything else is just speculation at this point.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
How about the climate and training ground? Something is going wrong at the training camp.
I actually heard that mentioned. That the Continassa is too humid or something. What bullshit though, really.

- - - Updated - - -

So he complained about this beforehand. Why wasnt he taken off earlier? Oh but at least he was "enjoying himself".

I think its actually the complete opposite. We dont train hard enough, and as a result our players are brittle. Apparently when De Ligt went to Bayern they noticed he was not accustomed to the pace and intensity of their training sessions. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the reason why our players are going down too often. This injury crisis was happening the last time Allegri was here as well.
Yeah I agree that, if anything, it's more likely that players aren't properly conditioned (especially during pre-season) than that they've been worked too hard. It's realllyy difficult to work too hard in pre-season. Working 'too hard' is what conditioning is all about. Going into a season underdone is a big injury risk.

It's probably something more complicated. Poor communication between the conditioning staff, the physios, and coaches for example. I know that in Australian Rules football, the physios nominate a maximum amount of minutes that each player can play each game. By the sounds of it, Allegri was just playing it by ear with Di Maria.

Also should keep in mind that some injuries are bad luck. I think the knee tears, McKennie's sholder etc. are. Abductor and hamstring strains and tears are a different matter.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought we changed our medical team. Was that fake news?
No, they changed last year.

Last edited:

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
So he complained about this beforehand. Why wasnt he taken off earlier? Oh but at least he was "enjoying himself".

I think its actually the complete opposite. We dont train hard enough, and as a result our players are brittle. Apparently when De Ligt went to Bayern they noticed he was not accustomed to the pace and intensity of their training sessions. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the reason why our players are going down too often. This injury crisis was happening the last time Allegri was here as well.
This is exactly what i think too. Our trainig regime is very light-weight and weak and our players's bodies are not prepared for the physical stress in a real game against a real team. The main reason Conte didnt have injury issues is that he overtrained his players.

Jun 6, 2015
This is exactly what i think too. Our trainig regime is very light-weight and weak and our players's bodies are not prepared for the physical stress in a real game against a real team. The main reason Conte didnt have injury issues is that he overtrained his players.
So you think overtraining helps prevent injuries? I'm sure there's a Nobel price in medicine waiting in the horizon with this breakthrough finding.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That's one thing, but in the last 2 years we lost a lot of young players with injuries that kept them out for 3+ months: Chiesa, De Ligt, McKennie, Demiral, Kaio Jorge
My point is, we can’t keep our players from getting injured so often why are we actively looking at already injury prone players?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Didn't De Ligt say how easy it was compared to Bayern? I think we're mostly playing hide and seek during training
Funny that. Evra said training sessions at Juventus were on another level and were harder and more intense than any other club he’s been at.

Never heard a peep about our training sessions/methods from Ronaldo either. But then again, that dude is a cyborg who never really got injured so who knows.

I just think we tend to sign injury prone or physically weaker players.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That's one thing, but in the last 2 years we lost a lot of young players with injuries that kept them out for 3+ months: Chiesa, De Ligt, McKennie, Demiral, Kaio Jorge
My point is, we can’t keep our players from getting injured so often why are we actively looking at already injury prone players?

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Funny that. Evra said training sessions at Juventus were on another level and were harder and more intense than any other club he’s been at.

Never heard a peep about our training sessions/methods from Ronaldo either. But then again, that dude is a cyborg who never really got injured so who knows.

I just think we tend to sign injury prone or physically weaker players.
Didn't he have his own separate fitness people?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)