¿You Speak English? (3 Viewers)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
I dont really see a problem with the thread as this forum has other things to worry about... such as the mess that is the transfer forum ,where three quarters of the threads should be deleted as they jus go over and over the same bullshit... however it has been pointed to me on a few occassions that there are the odd insults towards members in spanish... this is plain wrong... this behaviour was also seen in the thread about lilianna where there were insults in other languages... that should not be tolerated ... if people have something to say they should say it so everyone understands or keep it private.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jessica

Aug 10, 2003
I wanna forget all this fight but I'll say just 2 things:

1. My english isn't perfect, in fact, I just know a couple of things about it...

2. I have never talk bad about the persons in hablas español thread, never
You can see there and use a traductor if you want to but we are not bad people who just talk shit about the others

end!
I'll just forget all this...

see ya

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Pointed to you? Where? Can I have a look?

as in people have told me of insults within the thread... my grip of reading spanish is not good ... but why would people lie?

that would be a pretty low thing to do

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Mac ] ++
They cant be as meaningless as general chit chat in spanish on an english forum with italian topic though :) Can they?:D

And i dont expect you to agree with me as you like to post in that thread, and even spanish in the general forums. But try to see it from both sides.

And i expect quite alot of people will agree with what i just posted but i also expect those quite alot not to want to risk the wrath by stating it.

I dont have a problem if it stays. I was responding to the thread 'i avoid at all costs'.
I don't particularly like it, I know the language so I posted there. I would too in the arabic and chinese, but don't know it, yet :D And I spoke spanish outside that topic 3 times if I remember correctly, 2 times as a greeting to a spanish speaking rookie and once to your friend, don't say it happens all the time.

Jessica

Aug 10, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

as in people have told me of insults within the thread... my grip of reading spanish is not good ... but why would people lie?

people can tell whatever they want

if there are no evidence, there are no crime ;)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Not really lie, but certainly blow things out of proportion ;)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++

Not really lie, but certainly blow things out of proportion ;)
quite possibly yes

But then also ... even if not insulting... to discuss other members that dont understand at all is also wrong imo if that indeed is happening as some would suggest it is

Anyway, as i said it is only what others have said to me via pm or msn and in general i see no problem with the thread as long as its not sucking up to much bandwidth... there are much worse offenders

Sep 28, 2002
on more than one occasion liliana insulted me in her yugoslavian/croatian/whatever languege. too bad its too similar to russian and i understood it. but i also insulted her more than on one occasion so i'm not complaining, just letting you know that things like that do happen.

Sep 28, 2002
then either i am tolerated too much, or i just dont get the definition of insult.

i have a reputation here of rude psycho with no manners and respect for others, yet i have been warned only couple of times and only in my early days here. why?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Longo Live to the "hablas español " Thread!!

BTW... this thread is useless because the forum is in english... sorry :p

but because the hbalas español is about nothing too... we can have a thread to speak english i think :confused:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
i have read some of the pages.. not al of them...

hey Gray... one thing. Im saying this in a good way, dont take me wrong. :)

I have noticed that usually u use the argument "many comments in spanish.. in the matches and whatever threads". Really, i think u are wrong in some way here, at least leaving things out of proportion.

I really cant rememebr the last time i spoke with fabiana in spanish, in another thread (yeah, just with fabiana, because jessika doesnt even post in most of the threads)...so why u are saying that those LOADS of spanish chit chats in other threads are damaging the forums.... when those chit chats doeesnt even exist. Personally, when im speking to a non spanish guy/gal, i never use my spanish language, and the only , ONLY moment when i use it is in the spanish thread. LOOONG time ago, people said that spanish was used too much in other threads ...(which i doubt so because the few time i spoke was with fabiana and were offtopic subjects, nothing to do with the thread, and most of the time 2,3 post AT MAX)... beetween dialogues....so i stopped to do it. Now i dont even remember when was the last time i did it.

So i think that ur excuse is not fair enough to back the true meaning of this thread .
:)

PD: In the post before this one.... i didnt read even the first page... but in this one i readed most of the thread and now i know what is going on.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Mac ] ++
What the......... :D
This thread was really entertaining. Thanks all involved :D

And since so many people decided to include me in this due to my original post. I will further explain that post.
-------------------------

I posting that in a 'no holds barred' poll. I wasnt expecting to back it up, just ranting. But i'll try :)

I never actually wanted such threads closed, i was just bagging on it because it is quite sad.

Also i said nothing about chinese or arabic thread, ive never visited them. This is purely about the spanish thread.

Why i dont like it?
1. It annoys me to see the new post in the hangout section, then going there and finding it its just fabi and jessica posting rivaldo pictures.

2. I believe 5000 posts each by 2 members in the one thread, crosses Ninas 'making people feel comfortable' thing. Fabiana and Jessica speak perfect english, they dont need to feel comfortable with a unique thread.

3. The spanish talk does go waaay out of that thread. Dont say it dosent. Fabiana and Jessica when using spanish, are talking DIRECTLY to each other in a much PRIVATE conversation. This wastes my time scrolling pages and derails the thread. It also dosent give everyone a chance to have a say. It should be done via PM.

4. The reason i hate the spanish thread so much is because the people in there talk about other members. In an open place that we cant understand. THATS IGNORANT, THATS SELFISH, not this thread (thats to you Andy). I image people to be greatly offended when people talk about them in spanish behind there back. Save us the ****ing time and do it by PM. Anyway this point is improving.

5. Majed please? Are you trying the bleeding heart thing now? This is an english forum, you speak perfect english. You dont miss out on anything. If you want to speak in your mother tounge go to one of the hundreds of arabic juve forums and get it out of your system. But anyways i havent anything against the arabic thread, its used as it should be. Its just the spanish thread is gang raped.

Finally i said it annoyed me. Which it does. I didnt say i cared if you agreed or want your take on it.
Well Mac, when I first read your statement, and with Emma backing it up, I thought that you were actually involved in a campaign to do something about these "post pusher counter" threads like the Spanish thread. With the verbiage involved in that original post, how can someone not take you seriously?

But if you say it was non-serious rant, than I believe you. Just at the time the intentions seemed to be different.

And about that post in the Spanish Thread, at least it was in English. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)