¿You Speak English? (8 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Gray, I find that rather hard to believe. I have not seen any of these supposed conversations outside of their respective thread. Certainly nothing to hold a big grudge about.
Actually, the situation's gotten much better than it is now. There was actually a fairly dramatic discussion about such issues a while back, and subsequently the ridiculous amount or Arabic and Spanish (sorry to single out two languages, but they were clearly the most prevalent) in every thread died down drastically. Look back in the archives though, and i'll put my money on finding foreign language conversations on at least 1 out of 3 pages in any given thread.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Emma Mac ] ++

Ok lets say its rediculous. That means its ok for you to jump in and start arguing with me? I dont want to argue with you. I liked you. And now ive heard your opinions on this thread, thanks for those, now you can go back to doing whatever it is you do around here.
lol
so you don't like me anymore just because i don't like your thread ? and find it disrespectful to other forum members ?

and yes it IS ok for me to jump in ........ because it's a thread, and i didn't see a " Vicky isn't welcome here" sign on it

just for the record, i didn't " jump in and start arguing with you", i didn't have a problem with you personally ......... at all lol . (you should ask josh how i answered #4 in tha poll ;) ) i stated my opinnion, ans asked you why you opened this up.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I started a fire? If i did im not trying to put it out, just get people like you out of the flames.

fabi and jess are your friends. great. Where did i say this is against fabi or jess. Wouldnt if anyone, this be against all people who post in chinese, arabic and spanish threads? And what the hell are you on about, i want to take that away???

What attitude?
I know you didn't post it, Mac did about Fabi and Jess.

And btw, I said I practice my Espanol (Spanish) in that thread, so I DO post there.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Gray, I find that rather hard to believe. I have not seen any of these supposed conversations outside of their respective thread. Certainly nothing to hold a big grudge about.
exactly...

i think Gray spends so much of his time here that he reads each thread a couple of times thus multiplying the amount of forgein sentances he reads :howler:

seriously, this issue about people posting in other languages in other threads has been barried a long time ago.

Graham, if you're referring to Fabiana and Jess's comments to each other in the votes thread, then you're being pathetic.

gracias' , de nada's, and little messages ARE NOT whole conversations that are anywhere near offensive.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Actually, the situation's gotten much better than it is now. There was actually a fairly dramatic discussion about such issues a while back, and subsequently the ridiculous amount or Arabic and Spanish (sorry to single out two languages, but they were clearly the most prevalent) in every thread died down drastically. Look back in the archives though, and i'll put my money on finding foreign language conversations on at least 1 out of 3 pages in any given thread.
Well I have not seen much of that since I've been here.

OP

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
  • Thread Starter #86
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

1. There are more than 5 members in each. just not at one time. like any forum people aren't on at the same time. we leave messages and people reply hours later. many conversations between two are made. This goes for the Arabic and Spanish threads. I havn't checked out the Chinese threads.

2. yes, the conversations are random, but if you gather all the other threads that talk about different things and put them into one thread, these will also be random. My point: instead of having so many Spanish or Arabic threads about different topics where the majority of English speakers won't understand, we've saved you all the trouble and put everything in one thread which you could easily AVOID. Avoid is the key word here, if your beloved Mac has a problem with these threads, he SHOULD AVOID THEM.

3. ALL THE OTHER FORUMS ARE ORGANIZED FOR THE MAJORITY OF MEMBERS and THEY ARE IN ENGLISH, SO THIS ONE IS USELESS. and you're not "missing out" on anything.

4. Andy made a great point about the post count. There aren't any awards. so why are you beotching?

5. It's Ironic how you emma just threw in a sarcastic statement to Jess saying that fab should think for her while you're making this dumb thread because of Mac. If you used your mind, Mac thought wouldn't have inspired you to make such a poor excuse of a thread.

Try agian, you were much more creative before you hit 500.
    2. Mac didnt bag on the chinese and arabic, only the spanish. And the spanish is mostly posts between fabi and jessica who are 2 perfectly speaking spanish people with msn.

3. No its not useless, its a random chat thread. Like the spanish etc are. There isnt an english thread were people can talk freely and radomly. Hence this creation.

4. Im not making this because of mac, i had the idea to mac this by what he posted. This does mac any favours?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

I'll take that bet. how much? and let me know if you have paypal?

it's less common now, but it wasn't nearly as bad as you say.

BTW, if it isn't bad, why are you beotching about it.... it's dead and barried.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

1. There are more than 5 members in each. just not at one time. like any forum people aren't on at the same time. we leave messages and people reply hours later. many conversations between two are made. This goes for the Arabic and Spanish threads. I havn't checked out the Chinese threads.

2. yes, the conversations are random, but if you gather all the other threads that talk about different things and put them into one thread, these will also be random. My point: instead of having so many Spanish or Arabic threads about different topics where the majority of English speakers won't understand, we've saved you all the trouble and put everything in one thread which you could easily AVOID. Avoid is the key word here, if your beloved Mac has a problem with these threads, he SHOULD AVOID THEM.

3. ALL THE OTHER FORUMS ARE ORGANIZED FOR THE MAJORITY OF MEMBERS and THEY ARE IN ENGLISH, SO THIS ONE IS USELESS. and you're not "missing out" on anything.

4. Andy made a great point about the post count. There aren't any awards. so why are you beotching?

5. It's Ironic how you emma just threw in a sarcastic statement to Jess saying that fab should think for her while you're making this dumb thread because of Mac. If you used your mind, Mac thought wouldn't have inspired you to make such a poor excuse of a thread.

Try agian, you were much more creative before you hit 500.
    Good stuff Majed, I agree 100%.

OP

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
  • Thread Starter #89

I know you didn't post it, Mac did about Fabi and Jess.

And btw, I said I practice my Espanol (Spanish) in that thread, so I DO post there.
    yes so why you ranting on me for something mac did?

And again. I never said i wanted the spanish thread closed.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

2. Mac didnt bag on the chinese and arabic, only the spanish. And the spanish is mostly posts between fabi and jessica who are 2 perfectly speaking spanish people with msn.

3. No its not useless, its a random chat thread. Like the spanish etc are. There isnt an english thread were people can talk freely and radomly. Hence this creation.

4. Im not making this because of mac, i had the idea to mac this by what he posted. This does mac any favours?
    * you mention those two languages in your first post so i had to bring it up.

* this so called "random chat" goes on EVERYWHERE in the forums. it's as simple as this:
    English : Many topics in different threads --> 1 or 2 friendly conversations in each
    Forgien : Many topics in ONE Thread --->many friendly conversations IN BETWEEN TOPICS. YES THERE ARE ACTUALY DISCUSSIONS IN THESE THREADS.

BTW, you can't have an offline conversation/discussion on MSN, so their alternative to ICQ or Yahoo is this place :cheesy:

deal with it!!!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Graham, if you're referring to Fabiana and Jess's comments to each other in the votes thread, then you're being pathetic.

gracias' , de nada's, and little messages ARE NOT whole conversations that are anywhere near offensive.
    :down: this is exactly what i wanted not to happen. As I said, I like all of you, and I don't mean to pick sides in the matter.

Majed, you've been here long enough to know perfectly well that i'm talking about the pages of foreign language conversations in the middle of Match threads and the like, so please don't call me pathetic without any provocation on my part.

Again, I don't mean to pick on any particular group, but for example's sake, it wasn't uncommon to see in the middle of a page in the misc soccer thread that the conversation had turned into an exclusive "jejeje" party for speakers of a particular language, and to be honest it bugged me a fair bit when the problem was much worse, which is probably why I'm seeing Mac's POV in this particular instance.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

yes so why you ranting on me for something mac did?

And again. I never said i wanted the spanish thread closed.
    Because you made this thread to begin with. Thats all.

OP

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
  • Thread Starter #94
    You cant compare english to foreign, as this is an english forum.

And i dont have to, want to or need to deal with it. I created this thread as an english version of the others.

And you can have an off-topic conversation via PM, just like you could any other way.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

:down: this is exactly what i wanted not to happen. As I said, I like all of you, and I don't mean to pick sides in the matter.

Majed, you've been here long enough to know perfectly well that i'm talking about the pages of foreign language conversations in the middle of Match threads and the like, so please don't call me pathetic without any provocation on my part.

Again, I don't mean to pick on any particular group, but for example's sake, it wasn't uncommon to see in the middle of a page in the misc soccer thread that the conversation had turned into an exclusive "jejeje" party for speakers of a particular language, and to be honest it bugged me a fair bit when the problem was much worse, which is probably why I'm seeing Mac's POV in this particular instance.
    i know you like us all, but pretending there's a language issue makes NO SENSE AT ALL. it's like fighting the Germans now when WWII was 60 years ago.

The Issue about languages is dead.

you know that little "jajajas" are just their way of saying "haha" or "lol"
    those dont matter.

they are not carrying whole arguments and discussions in another language.

get real please.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

But again, I have not seen this kind of stuff going on recently. So why do we have to bring it up again?

OP

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
  • Thread Starter #98
    Maybe they are not a problem for you, but for others they are.

For example to quote a comment directed at me by Nina in spanish, in a non spanish thread.

'Dont talk shit. We'll post spanish whenever we want' DO YOU understand that?'

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    kitty kitty fight.. me like...

heheheheh... Emma is to girls what liliana is to incubos...

this thread is interesting, but lets see how long can it keep up... its doest have its own eappeal to compete with other English thread..

and Emma.. you should use 'get a grip and get yourself some humour ' tactic, it usually work to avoid any resergence ...;)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    You cant compare english to foreign, as this is an english forum.

And i dont have to, want to or need to deal with it. I created this thread as an english version of the others.

And you can have an off-topic conversation via PM, just like you could any other way.
    Your not getting the whole point of these foreign language threads. The arabic/spanish/chinese is A COMPLIMENT to ALL THE THREADS IN THE FORUMS.

making a compliment of a compliment is redundant and just plain stupid.

Also, It's more ideal to have their conversations in a THREAD NOT PMs so OTHERS sharring the same language can join. Also it's more ideal because having it in a thread form enables them to use all the thread features like searching.

If Hydde and nina talked in PMS, fabiana and Jessica would probibly have never come across them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)