Programming Thread (1 Viewer)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Hey there, programmers from around the world. :D Thought I'd make a thread where you guys can gather around and talk about programming, share your expreiences and maybe vent some frustration at how annoying programming is.

But seriously, I need some help. How do you transpose a matrix on VBA and have it show on the immediate window?

@Martin; :p

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
ALC

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
  • Thread Starter #3
    I'm trying here :D Coding is so fucking annoying and maybe some of these guys wanna refresh their skills by doing some basic stuff. You know? It's a win-win :p

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    What a subversive way to get your homework done. :p
    :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm trying here :D Coding is so fucking annoying and maybe some of these guys wanna refresh their skills by doing some basic stuff. You know? It's a win-win :p
    haven't used VB/VBA but if there isn't a built-in function that does the matrix transpose for you, then just use google to find a matrix-transpose routine and then just convert it into VB if it's in some other language. It's a simple routine so should be readily available online or in any scientific-computation reference book like Numerical Recipes, which is available online too.

All it has to do with is flipping the indices of the matrix i.e. M[j] should become M[j], for which you need a dummy matrix element for temporarily keeping the current value, beyond that it's all about properly advancing the indices via the for{} loops so that you don't flip twice and end up with the same matrix again.

OP
    ALC

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
  • Thread Starter #6
    VBA is the lowest form of programming. You're lucky I don't spit on you.

- - - Updated - - -

haven't used VB/VBA but if there isn't a built-in function that does the matrix transpose for you, then just use google to find a matrix-transpose routine and then just convert it into VB if it's in some other language. It's a simple routine so should be readily available online or in any scientific-computation reference book like Numerical Recipes, which is available online too.

All it has to do with is flipping the indices of the matrix i.e. M[j] should become M[j], for which you need a dummy matrix element for temporarily keeping the current value, beyond that it's all about properly advancing the indices via the for{} loops so that you don't flip twice and end up with the same matrix again.

Yeah, I was trying to see if there was a built in function already but I can't find on that works. I get the steps, just having trouble writing it out. But thanks, that's pretty solid advice. I'll get started on it once the game is over :D

CaesarCod

Mar 13, 2008
    Iv'e starting looking at Mobile App Development.

Started with trying to learn the basics of Objective-C for iOS and now am working on some Android development stuff. I find the android stuff much easier to grasp. It seems simpler but maybe because i have a bit of background in Java and using Eclipse. xCode can be quite horrible.

Anyone else dabbled in it?

OP
    ALC

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
  • Thread Starter #10
    no. good luck with it tho. can't possibly be that hard :p

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Iv'e starting looking at Mobile App Development.

Started with trying to learn the basics of Objective-C for iOS and now am working on some Android development stuff. I find the android stuff much easier to grasp. It seems simpler but maybe because i have a bit of background in Java and using Eclipse. xCode can be quite horrible.

Anyone else dabbled in it?
    Nein, but you should check out http://xamarin.com/. Cross platform development from the same codebase and the language is C# so less hipster than ObjC. Haven't used it myself but if I were to do mobile development I'd try this first.

EDIT: Holy crap, their pricing is not kind. I guess that's what you get with way too many people willing to spend tons of cash on smartphones.

enzo

May 14, 2012

Yeah, I was trying to see if there was a built in function already but I can't find on that works. I get the steps, just having trouble writing it out. But thanks, that's pretty solid advice. I'll get started on it once the game is over :D
    Instead of googling and copying code you should start writing your own. Otherwise you'll never get used to the syntax or whatever your problem is.

OP
    ALC

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
  • Thread Starter #16
    I fuckin hated Programming, was over the moon when i got a D+ in college.
    I got a C+ in my first class. :stuckup:

What are you studying Huitzilopochtli?
    Industrial Engineering.

Instead of googling and copying code you should start writing your own. Otherwise you'll never get used to the syntax or whatever your problem is.
    Instead of telling me what to do, you should mind your own business!

Jk :p writing code's not a big part of the class and now it's almost over.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    It's not for everyone. Neither is watching football on tv all day. I'll do the coding, you use the other screen and everyone's happy.
    Unfortunately, working a full time job leaves little time for me to watch football all day like I used to. :depressed

I got a C+ in my first class. :stuckup:

Industrial Engineering.

Instead of telling me what to do, you should mind your own business!

Jk :p writing code's not a big part of the class and now it's almost over.
    Man, I was over the moon with my D+, I only passed because I cheated my way through the coursework.

OP
    ALC

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
  • Thread Starter #18
    @Kate is gonna be so mad at you. I wouldn't be able to do anything with a D+ so I had to bust ass. Almost all of my classes I have to get C or above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)