Racism in Italy (1 Viewer)

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
I came across this video and it certainly gives some insight. I thought most of the racist chants were supposed to be provocative and a way to taunt opposition players (not that it's an excuse, of course), but supporting your own players in this way? Why is this type of behaviour so common in Spain, Italy and some countries in Eastern Europe?

The video:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Scum of the fuuuuucking earth if there ever were ones :inter:

:tdown:

Whats even more outrageous is the apathetic shrugging of collective shoulders reaction that crap like this get in Italy :tdown: :tdown:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The ratio between countries who have intolerance issues, and countries who dont have people of other races or multi-cultural societies is directly linked. East Europe (some retards in Serbia beat up a black footballer recently), Italy, Spain and lots of other places has issues with crap like this because they dont have the same history of multi-cultural societies as for example France, England and such.

Not gotten used to or not having encountered much of people of other races and cultures means they dont know (any better) and hence fear it , and that defacto means ignorance of it. And ofcourse racism and intolerance is the bastard child of ignorance.

So in short, its the opposite, its not strange, but common stuff like this occur in countries who hardly seen people of other races before (in Poland when we went over a school trip there years and years ago, in the streets, they were openly racist to me and other kids who werent white, in a restuarant, a girl in our class were even spit on...).

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
It's not really surprising. I've seen worse video's of lecce fans actually chanting "die monkey die" or something to that extent.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It's totally unacceptable. But not as an excuse, but more insight, you should read the book "A Season in Verona" where it talked a lot about the issue of football fandom in Italy, racism, racist fans, the use of racism as a political tool and stereotype, and the wholly unacceptable things people do as an outlet in a footie environment that they may not stupidly do in other contexts.

Jul 5, 2005
There is a big problem in Italy and in south Europe with Racism, and the worst of all is that is that is spreaded in athletics. I think all these begin from the ignorance and the bastard nationalist "educational system" that is used from the nation - states to control their population and finally to submit them. You will never see the fascists to get in prison for their actions, but only the anti-fascists, because the nationalists are the "preservers" of their state and the anti-fascists are the enemies of it. I know many occasions where refugees were killed or wounded and the criminals never found.

I really want to stop this in football and i don't like the football and athletics to be implicated with political ideologies whatever we all may support.And I am glad that Juve doesn't have any problems with racism.

KICK RACISTS OUT OF THE PLANET!

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
rascism in italy id a problem, and there actually is quite a lot of blacks in italy. mainly morrocan immigrants. you will normall come across them trying to sell things in the street. i even recall a long road of morrocan women all in a line semi nude, its actually really bad.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
Sadly this has been a disgraceful mentality that has manifested itself through countless generations and there is very little anyone can do about it .

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Thats one innocent and stupid remark, compared to Calcio's nasty history of this crap since ages. If anything, you can say Spain is pretty bad too, though not for Aragones, but for how they like in Italy boo black players in many games.

Chazz

natobiaconero
Nov 15, 2007
Italy, Spain and lots of other places has issues with crap like this because they dont have the same history of multi-cultural societies as for example France, England and such.
Dude you black right? If so try visiting france, spain or england and see how society treats you and then come to italy sure you get some stupid mothafookers who racialy abuse black players on the pitch but on the streets its totaly different

May 22, 2007
Thats one innocent and stupid remark, compared to Calcio's nasty history of this crap since ages. If anything, you can say Spain is pretty bad too, though not for Aragones, but for how they like in Italy boo black players in many games.
What a bitter first sentence. No its not a big issue in Italy currently like it is in Spain. You can say I am shrugging my shoulders and waving it off all you want, but its not currently a big issue in Italy. Did I make you cry?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)