Zoro (1 Viewer)

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
Some reporters asked Lippi what he thought about what happened with Zoro in the match against Inter. Lippi replied with saying that such things are a disgrace to football and that people should start to realise that there is only one race, the human race.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
He is now the captain of Messina. Not sure if it's permanent, but he will be against the Treviso game. Excellent initiative by the club.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Gino Genesio said:
how stupid are those fans?
they also have black players in there team.
if i was adriano ore martins i would not cheer if i scored and telled the media it is not fun to play for inter if the fans behave like this!
My thoughts exactly.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Uefa vice-president Per Ravn Omdal says referees should consider abandoning matches if there is racist chanting.

He also said that other sanctions, including expulsion from competitions, would be considered for clubs whose fans indulge in racist chanting.

Omdal was meeting with members of the European Parliament, to support their plan to toughen action against racism.

"We are prepared to implement the necessary sanctions, from fines and closure of stadium," Odmal said.

Football in Italy and Spain has been affected by racism in recent times.

In Italy on Sunday, Messina's Ivory Coast defender Marc Zoro was reduced to tears by Inter Milan fans and threatened to walk off the field.

In response, Tuesday's Italian Cup match at AC Milan started five minutes late so a 'No To Racism' banner could be unfurled.

The Italian soccer federation's message will be displayed at all Italian Cup and Serie A matches this week - with all games kicking off five minutes late.

The Spanish FA was fined £44,500 for racist chants from home fans directed at England's Shaun Wright-Phillips and Ashley Cole in a friendly in November 2004.

And Spain's national coach Luis Aragones was fined about £2,000 for racist remarks he made about Arsenal striker Thierry Henry during a training camp.

Omdal said referees had to be much more aware of taunts and not hesitate to interrupt or abandon matches.

"Those who did not wake up, you have to wake up - because the referee can do a lot in a specific game," he said.

"Either to stop it, to listen, to report and eventually to abandon the game if that kind of abuse is taking place."

Uefa hopes half the European parliamentarians will sign the declaration and make it an official EU resolution.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/4484620.stm

Hear that fans, game will starts 5 minutes late, oooooh i'm going to stop chanting from now on :weee:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)