zoff want to be federation boss (1 Viewer)

AbuGadanzieri

Jan 8, 2006
Zoff wants Federation role Wednesday 20 September, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former Azzurri Coach Dino Zoff has said he is willing to take charge of the Italian Football Federation after Guido Rossi’s exit.

The post at the head of the FIGC became vacant on Monday and the Italian Olympic Committee is now called to appoint his successor to continue the renovation process following Calciopoli.

“I am available and feel that I could face the task of guiding the FIGC, although I don’t think my name is included in the list of candidates,” said Zoff in an interview with a radio network.

“I believe that some rules need to be rewritten, but it is crucial that we do all we can to make sure that the ones that already exist are respected,” added the former Juve goalkeeper.

“Rules have to change, but we also need a change in the men. This situation has been going on for a long time.

“As usual in Italy we had to reach the peak before someone realised that there was something wrong,” continued Zoff.

“Once the problems came to light, everything was then put on the same level and it is now very difficult to understand what the reality was.

“I admit I had the feeling there was something wrong, but when you are part of a structure like this it’s always hard to believe that there actually is any wrongdoing.”

One of the consequences of the scandal was Juve’s demotion to Serie B and Zoff cannot hide his sadness for his former club.

“It’s a very bad feeling, Juve was proud of the fact that they had always played in Serie A. Personally, this was a blow and I am sure it was the same for all the Bianconeri supporters.”

Meanwhile, Calciopoli investigator Francesco Saverio Borrelli also resigned from his role at the head of the Investigating Office and formally announced his decision to the FIGC on Wednesday, who however asked him to stay.

Borrelli told interim commissioner Massimo Coccia that he will take some time to think about it and will give his final answer in a few days’ time.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sep20h.html

what you think

please discuss

Buy on AliExpress.com

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Jeeks said:
I think he is fit for the job and I am not saying that because he's a former Juve man.
:agree: I agree with you & salman. I think he would try to be impartial & fair to all, no matter what team/referees/group of people he was dealing with. However, rossi has blackened the name of Juventus, so everyone associated with us will not be considered.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Zoff would be an absolute joke... He is no less biased or just than any of those that so many people have argued against.

Not too mention that the appointment of Zoff would do an incredible amount of damage to the allready tarnished image of italian football across the world.

I would question if there is actually a worse person to be found for the position than Mr Zoff... Luciano maybe ?

But then it has become clear to me over these months that so many Juve fans couldnt actually give a damn about italian footaball... Sad really

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Respaul said:
Zoff would be an absolute joke... He is no less biased or just than any of those that so many people have argued against.

Not too mention that the appointment of Zoff would do an incredible amount of damage to the allready tarnished image of italian football across the world.

I would question if there is actually a worse person to be found for the position than Mr Zoff... Luciano maybe ?

But then it has become clear to me over these months that so many Juve fans couldnt actually give a damn about italian footaball... Sad really
galliani :D

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
berlusconi/moratti

we should get someone who does not support an Italian team if possible or else a team like Foggia or some club in Serie C

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Respaul said:
Galliani, masseratti, moratti, mancini, & zeman to name a few!
In Italy, most football fans don't want someone from a big club. They want a "Pierre Luigi Collini" type of person, that is they want someone who is impartial. Collini, by the way, is a Lazio fan!:oops:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I'm all for Zoff being made head. Although inexperienced in his position, I think he has the personality to take on such a coveted role, although that title has been slightly tarnished by Guido Rossi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)