Zlatan to Juve? (1 Viewer)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Zlatan hints at Italian switch
Wednesday 3 March, 2004

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has admitted that he is likely to leave Ajax for an Italian club in the summer.

The highly rated Swedish international has been linked with a variety of sides and a switch seems imminent.

"I will say goodbye to Ajax at the end of the season," said the 22-year-old. "This club is just a stepping stone for me in my career.

"I would love to play in Spain or Italy where football is not just a sport but a part of everyday life."

The striker also admitted that he had recently spoken to two of his former Ajax teammates about his future.

"Both Andy Van der Meyde (Inter) and Cristian Chivu (Roma) tell me that football in Italy is the exact opposite of Holland," he added. "That will suit me as I am passionate about this game."

Ibrahimovic has been talked about as a possible target for Juventus and he seems to be a big fan of the Bianconeri.

"I would say that Juventus are favourites to win the Champions’ League this term," he continued.

"They are a very disciplined side who always fight until the end. In other words, an ideal club for me."

A switch to the Delle Alpi could become reality if David Trezeguet fails to agree a new contract. That would inevitably lead to a sale as his present deal ends in 2005

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
where's this info come from?

i dont think he's seen Juve play lately after saying we are favourites to win CL

i still prefer Trezeguet

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Interesting... Zlatan would add some welcome pace and creativity, though I'm not sure how he'd fit in. I don't think he'd replace Trez, Mico or Del Piero.

Then again, I don't think we'll sign him either

incomplex

Mar 2, 2004
its hard to tell wether this can guy cab be as god as Trez
but come on he's just 22 for god sake...
he'll definitely mature into Juventus style of play
Favourites?...we should be playing like we used to be

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
IMO he's not good enough, but it's a fact that he doesn't score enough to be our goalscoring striker. When he's not slotting them in in the Dutch league, how is he gonna do it in Italy?

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++

"I will say goodbye to Ajax at the end of the season," said the 22-year-old. "This club is just a stepping stone for me in my career.
I really don't like this part. It might be true but it's not fair to the fans as it more or less means that you don't care about the club.

He'll make his comeback this saturday by the way.

Jul 12, 2002
Zlatan is a class player, and we need that. You can say that he doesn't score as much as trezeguet, but he creates more. You can say he's a hothead, but he's also passionate. You can sya he has disciplinary problems, but at least he can tackle. IMO, he's an upgrade from Trezeguet, and we should get him even if just to deny him to Inter, Milan, and Roma.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
He isn't a quality player! I see him play every week! Against the bottom club in the dutch league, he often doesn't get the better of the defenders.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
He isn't a quality player! I see him play every week! Against the bottom club in the dutch league, he often doesn't get the better of the defenders.
You say that Zlatan is not a quality player? That's an interesting opinion, but I can only point to the fact that he is widely acknowleged as one of the best young forwards in europe.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

You say that Zlatan is not a quality player? That's an interesting opinion, but I can only point to the fact that he is widely acknowleged as one of the best young forwards in europe.
That's not entirely true actually, in any case he's overrated.
. Also have YOU actually seen him play?

Jul 28, 2002
Gilardino would be the cheaper option, to replace trez, we needs a REAL goalscorer....Zlatan maybe a good partner for divaio tho.

Aug 26, 2003
hmm. in my opinion ibrahimovich is a good striker and also technical very strong, and also very young, if he fits in juventus, i don't know!

i only know that i hope that trez is going to stay and is not always injured, but something is for sure we need a real "number 9" striker as we had in a few years ago, if trez will leave!

yes why not gilardino, i think he is very talented and italian!! have you seen the goal against roma, i think it was world class!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)