Ibra to Juve again, yes or no?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
How any Juve fan can like this guy is beyond me

Difference between like and wanting him here for a season or two, what had he done to us that's so bad lemme just remind you that both camo and trez wanted to leave

- - - Updated - - -

I don't blame him for wanting to leave, but you want him back after the way he left us?
Cannavaro

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
The best thing about Zlatan possibly leaving to US is that none of the players that left us after calciopoli were able to win the CL. I think most of them would actually had a better ending to their careers had they stayed. Some threw an almost certain legendary status here away for a Spanish super cup win.
Zlatan won a lot though and has made more money than he could have ever made at Juve. Nedved, DelPiero, Trezguet all sacrificed their careers and their financial wellbeing by staying. They could have walked into any starting 11 and made millions more per year and won a lot of trophies. The size of their sacrifice is why we love them.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
What about him? He left but not like Ibra.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't see why Ibra would play in the MLS now. That's a huge mismatch. He's still a top-10 player in the world. Would be odd if it happens. A team like Arsenal makes more sense. Or even Atletico or Dortmund.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

Don't see why Ibra would play in the MLS now. That's a huge mismatch. He's still a top-10 player in the world. Would be odd if it happens. A team like Arsenal makes more sense.
Zlatan was here for two years and wanted out. He has always repeated he won those two scudetto on the field. Even while he was at inter. He never said any bad word about juventus.

Cannavaro went away, and when his speed was decaying too much for madrids high line, he came back to juve

I dont see "but not like ibra"

Also, he's 34 and no team that fits his quality level will sign him now. MLS would turn him into a huge global celeb, and he'll trash that league

- - - Updated - - -

Difference between like and wanting him here for a season or two, what had he done to us that's so bad lemme just remind you that both camo and trez wanted to leave
This is exactly what i'm talking about. He wanted out, Raiola made it happen. Others wanted out but luckely for us had an inferior agent

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
None of the players who stayed at Juve won the Champions League either.

Except Buffon...and Chiellini...

- - - Updated - - -

None of the players who stayed at Juve won the Champions League either.

Except Buffon...and Chiellini...

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Zlatan won a lot though and has made more money than he could have ever made at Juve. Nedved, DelPiero, Trezguet all sacrificed their careers and their financial wellbeing by staying. They could have walked into any starting 11 and made millions more per year and won a lot of trophies. The size of their sacrifice is why we love them.
Del Piero was 32
Nedved was 34
Both at the end of their career

Trezeguet was 29 and wanted out

Buffon was 28 and wanted to stay. Buffon is the only player who would have had a considerably career when he'd leave, that never asked to leave. And buffon was the best goalkeeper in the world without competition at that time, and had entered his prime

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Del Piero was 32
Nedved was 34
Both at the end of their career

Trezeguet was 29 and wanted out

Buffon was 28 and wanted to stay. Buffon is the only player who would have had a considerably career when he'd leave, that never asked to leave. And buffon was the best goalkeeper in the world without competition at that time, and had entered his prime
Gigi's longevity made his stay worth it and managed to collect 5 scudettos :D Only gigi can do that ofc.

I thought gigi wanted out(milan) and was made to stay?

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
He has always repeated he won those two scudetto on the field. Even while he was at inter. He never said any bad word about juventus.
You should read again what I wrote:

And personally, I don't really blame him. A footballer's career is short, and as a young footballer, he was just looking out for his best interest. He speaks highly of his Juve experience in other parts of the book and defended Juve (or maybe just himself).
I don't blame him for wanting to leave
but you want him back after the way he left us?
He left but not like Ibra.

Cannavaro went away, and when his speed was decaying too much for madrids high line, he came back to juve
What's the argument here?

I dont see "but not like ibra"
How did Cannavaro act and leave like Ibra? Ibra threw a major hissy-fit, refused to play games, ignored the coach and mgmt, actually made a point of disrespecting them, refused to get on the team bus and played video games instead. A lot of it is somewhat understandable because they really wanted to keep him, but when a player acts that unprofessionally and leaves the club in that manner, you can't re-sign him. Otherwise, you'd be sending the wrong message on multiple levels. What similarities are you seeing the way Canna left and in the manner Ibra left?

Also, he's 34 and no team that fits his quality level will sign him now. MLS would turn him into a huge global celeb, and he'll trash that league
You don't think any good teams want to sign a free agent who's a top-10 player in the world?

And yeah, that's exactly the point...He'd completely trash MLS, it'd be a total mismatch and too soon a move.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I dont disagree that we cannot resign Zlatan

Both cannavaro and him wanted out. Our management decided to keep him despite him quite badly. So he had to push harder to get out aswel

Lets be honest here. We are all rooting for Morata and Cuadrado to do a similar thing to remain at juve

- - - Updated - - -

You don't think any good teams want to sign a free agent who's a top-10 player in the world?

And yeah, that's exactly the point...He'd completely trash MLS, it'd be a total mismatch and too soon a move.
'free agent', who will demand that 14 million wage. How many teams are : a) good enough b) able to pay that amount c) needing a 14mil wage forward ?

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I dont disagree that we cannot resign Zlatan

Both cannavaro and him wanted out. Our management decided to keep him despite him quite badly. So he had to push harder to get out aswel
Then what are you disagreeing with?

'free agent', who will demand that 14 million wage. How many teams are : a) good enough b) able to pay that amount c) needing a 14mil wage forward ?
If salary is Ibra's primary concern, he'll go to China or the ME, not the US.

I don't see there being a shortage of top European clubs that can pay him a similar salary as what he earns now at PSG.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Don't see why Ibra would play in the MLS now. That's a huge mismatch. He's still a top-10 player in the world. Would be odd if it happens. A team like Arsenal makes more sense. Or even Atletico or Dortmund.
Ones wish was respected, the other one they thought they could bully into changing his mind but no way with that guy. The way he went about it was not unprofessional considering the circumstances lemme remind you of the countless players juve froze out and marginalized to pressure into leaving, nobody called it unprofessional. The real traitors are zambrotta and thuram.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Ones wish was respected, the other one they thought they could bully into changing his mind but no way with that guy. The way he went about it was not unprofessional considering the circumstances lemme remind you of the countless players juve froze out and marginalized to pressure into leaving, nobody called it unprofessional. The real traitors are zambrotta and thuram.
:tup:

Tbh Iaquinta on secco wages comes to mind

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
No one said Ibra is a traitor. I said several times already that I don't hold anything against him. We were talking about whether re-signing Ibra (in an unrealistic scenario b/c it won't happen) would make sense. For me, it's an obvious no because that'd mean the club is saying it's OK for players to behave that unprofessionally, that that's part of our club's decorum, and that we'd still lick their boots and welcome them afterwards.

I don't see how a player - who's under contract and being paid by the club - refusing to travel to games isn't unprofessional. I understand his motive behind it and I don't hold anything against him, but that doesn't make it professional conduct.

Actually, people did speak out against freezing players out, namely the players' association (AIC). I don't know if you can call that unprofessional though because no contractual rules were broken, and the players were getting paid. It was more a question of fairness and bringing reform where freezing players out would be against the rules. Davids was one player we froze out. I don't recall countless occasions. With guys like Iaquinta, they sat out via mutual consent.

In any case, Ibra to Juve is unrealistic on technical and financial levels to begin with. He isn't ideal for our team (not ideal for CL, and he's a big reference point where the team builds around him while we rely on playing a more mobile game), and he'd have to take a massive salary cut even if we increase our wage cap to 6m.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Specially that cunt Zambrotta. How could he say he played on the wrong side in 03 :(
I used to love him :(

Jun 6, 2015
The likes of Zambrotta and Thuram won very little after leaving Cannavaro at least won two La Liga titles while he was gone but nothing to tell your children about. "Sacrificed their careers and their financial wellbeing by staying" is such a dramatizing statement those dudes were millionaires and continued making millions by playing with us. Their careers are more noteworthy if anything because they stayed even in the eyes of the general public Del Piero, Nedved and Trezeguet are all viewed as great champions and loyal players. Actually they would have sacrificed their careers had they left would people think as highly about Del Piero or Buffon? The answer is no. We've seen a million times how even if it's rare nowadays football fans still adore and worship loyalty. The likes of Giggs, Scholes, Gerrard, Maldini and Totti are highly thought of not only because of their football skills but because they spent the majority of their careers in one club.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)