Zlatan Ibrahimovic (11 Viewers)

Ibra to Juve again, yes or no?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I thought he had a particularly favorable view of Juve. He made it sound like he wouldn't be the player he was without his Juve time.
True, and he had a lot of respect for Capello and Moggi. But then he really wanted to go to Inter who was the underdog and lead them to victory, which he did. Later did the same with Milan. So at Juve he was just one star of many (although he sees himself as the biggest).

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
12 goals in 13 games is bad ?

Lets not forget he's 33 eighter
Age will be a completely irrelevant factor soon enough. Players used to lose a lot of their athletic abilities after 30, but looking at guys like Lavezzi, Robben or Van Persie shows that these days the loss is not only minimal, some even develop more athletic physiques.

I think most top players should be able to hold their peak until 38 these days. If they can focus that long that is.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I highly doubt that.

Even in the past there were some players who were on top of their level even after 33. Nowadays football is more about running than talent, so I don't think any player will welcome oldies. Lavezzi and Robben are 30yo at this point (Lavezzi is actually 29) so they can play a few more years without a problem, but I doubt any major league will try to sign them (bar Italy, cause they just love those...). Totti is apparently bigger than Roma but truth is that his presence is hurting them nowadays. So if anything I think in todays football clubs will try to get rid of older players even more frequently.

Looking at our squad I'd say only Pogba and Tevez could play until they are 35, nobody else. Not even Vidal simply because he'd lose way too much once he loses the speed. It's players with great technique that manage to survive that long and most of the time it's just strikers, because midfield can't really afford such blows IMO.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
I don't believe that... You can bet your house on Messi, ronaldo etc. Not playing beyond the age of 35.. Ronaldo will earn his money on a billboard with some underpants on (and a fake bulge) and Messi will occasionally sit in a studio and write some books or whatever... When they slow down they'll quit...

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I actually think Ronaldo is one of those players who will play to their close 40s. It's not just about the fame in his place, but becoming the best player ever. Unlike Messi I don't think age factor will hold him back.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
We'll see. Do you imagine Ronaldo doing anything beyond football? The guy loves to play football and is as fit as 29 (or fitter) as at 21. Athletically speaking most people used to start to decline after 25 (check Olympic records - the athletic peak is around 25). It is quite clear that players are playing longer and in better shape.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Messi ? The player who dribbles defenders based on agility and speed? That is allready physically declining a bit, as he cant do the same burstpace rushes twice in a row ?

He wont become better then he is today, only worse.

Ronaldo on the other hand...

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I actually think Ronaldo is one of those players who will play to their close 40s. It's not just about the fame in his place, but becoming the best player ever. Unlike Messi I don't think age factor will hold him back.
I would imagine it be the other way round. Ronaldo IMO relies more on his physical abilities than Messi does. That being said, Ronaldo is a model professional, so I wouldn't be surprised if he maintained his physical abilities well into his thirties.

Messi ? The player who dribbles defenders based on agility and speed? That is allready physically declining a bit, as he cant do the same burstpace rushes twice in a row ?

He wont become better then he is today, only worse.

Ronaldo on the other hand...
Do you even try to hide your blatant bias?

Oct 23, 2011
It's difficult to say as only time will tell.. but i believe Messi, who is imo more talented (not saying better) than Ronaldo can simple drop a position as a #10 and still play on a high level as he ages since he relies on his technique en vision. Ronaldo on the other hand is a trained product, and purely relies on his strength and speed, which are features which decline substantially once a player gets older. Unlike Messi i don't see him function as he does now when playing him a position back. Therefore i believe Ronaldo might decline quicker.. however the guy is a monster and only seems to become fitter as he gets older so we still can enjoy watching him play for a good number of years..

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
It's difficult to say as only time will tell.. but i believe Messi, who is imo more talented (not saying better) than Ronaldo can simple drop a position as a #10 and still play on a high level as he ages since he relies on his technique en vision. Ronaldo on the other hand is a trained product, and purely relies on his strength and speed, which are features which decline substantially once a player gets older. Unlike Messi i don't see him function as he does now when playing him a position back. Therefore i believe Ronaldo might decline quicker.. however the guy is a monster and only seems to become fitter as he gets older so we still can enjoy watching him play for a good number of years..
I agree with everything you say there, but like I said in the post above, Ronaldo is such a dedicated professional that I wouldn't be surprised if his physical abilities remained at a very high level well in his thirties.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
that kinda was the story at the worldcup. That he has to time his bursts from now on.
Messi is just speed and agility? So you don't think he has insane close ball control, you don't think his ability to run with the ball at such a high speed shows his incredible control of the ball and his technique? Are we talking about the same Messi? You sure you're not talking about Keita Balde?

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I would imagine it be the other way round. Ronaldo IMO relies more on his physical abilities than Messi does. That being said, Ronaldo is a model professional, so I wouldn't be surprised if he maintained his physical abilities well into his thirties.
:agree:
Messi will probably decline more severely and rapidly in his phyisical abilities than Ronaldo, but won't lose as much of his ability because of it.

I honestly can't say who of the two has been better over the course of their whole carreer, a case can certainly be made for both of them. This year however it's cleary Ronaldo.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Messi is just speed and agility? So you don't think he has insane close ball control, you don't think his ability to run with the ball at such a high speed shows his incredible control of the ball and his technique? Are we talking about the same Messi? You sure you're not talking about Keita Balde?
Thats why he'll remain very good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)